How is XLRI (BM) ?

Hi, I have converted XLRI (Business Management). I know that the institute is the best as far as HR is concerned. I want to specialize in finance and wanted to how XLRI ranks in terms of finance. Any advice wud highly helpful in makin…

Hi,

I have converted XLRI (Business Management).
I know that the institute is the best as far as HR is concerned. I want to specialize in finance and wanted to how XLRI ranks in terms of finance.

Any advice wud highly helpful in making up my decision of joining XLRI or not.

Plz help me out.

Hi,

I know that the institute is the best as far as HR is concerned. I want to specialize in finance and wanted to how XLRI ranks in terms of finance.

Plz help me out.

hi... me too in the same boat...
but our choice depends on which other calls have u got...
pls reply
thanx..
Hi,

Plz help me out.

even the institute web site does not seperately mention about the placements for pmir and bm batch...
i read similar inquiries in other posts.. but nobody uptil now has clear-cut seperate list of recruiters... coz that definitely helps in taking a decision...

I tried for only fopr the IIMs and XLRI this yr...and XL is my only call n convert....

wht abt u?....which other calls do u have? ...and plz share any info tht u have abt XLRI coz incase I happen to join I need to submit my resignation letter in my office...

Hi,

Plz help me out.

XLRI is definitely a good institute.. BM is as popular as PMIR and very favourably looked upon by the recuiters.. as shreyas said, to take it up or not depends on what other calls you have..

from what i have heard XLRI has a very good finance faculty, almost at par with the IIMs.. post ur other options to get a better response..

for specific recuiter list for BM, plz get in touch with one of the seniors.

i had imt, ximb, xlri and mdi.... converted the first three... waiting for mdi results..
so frankly, i have to decided between xlri and mdi....
i think if u dont want to wait for another year.. xlri is definitely an excellent call...
coz CAT next year doesnt guarantee u iim-a,b or c.... then ofcourse, xl is ur best bet...
think over it and then decide...
and yes, for the recruiters list for bm try contacting seniors... even i am trying.. do let me knw about anything new....
what say pratik???

Hi Pratik,

As I had written b4, XLRI is my only call n convert this yr...cudnt manage to get calls from the IIMs this yr...so the only option left out with me is either join XLRI or wait for another yr and try for the IIMs...and am confused btwn these two options....:( .....any suggestions?

Hey I too have converted BM. I wanna go in for Mkting / Finance, not sure which at the moment, more inclined towards marketing, though. My other calls:
Final Calls: FMS(FT), MICA, NMIMS (didn't take up NM).
Waiting for results: IIM-K, SPJIMR (2nd list)

My major dilemma (at the moment) is between FMS and XLRI. And I want a comparison about not just the placements, but everything that a B-School has to offer. Do reply PGs..

Thanks.
-ShWeTa
Hey I too have converted BM. I wanna go in for Mkting / Finance, not sure which at the moment, more inclined towards marketing, though. My other calls:

My major dilemma (at the moment) is between FMS and XLRI. And I want a comparison about not just the placements, but everything that a B-School has to offer. Do reply PGs..

Thanks.
-ShWeTa

fms is a non-residential program.. i.e they dont have a separate hostel for mba.. u might have to stay with people from other delhi university course..

fms has the advantage of location

xlri pmir program supports the bm program.. so better options for placements probably...

fms - fees are less....minimal..

thats all....
Hi Pratik,

As I had written b4, XLRI is my only call n convert this yr...cudnt manage to get calls from the IIMs this yr...so the only option left out with me is either join XLRI or wait for another yr and try for the IIMs...and am confused btwn these two options....:( .....any suggestions?

if you are leaving XL this yr then it makes sense for you only of u convert IIM A,B,C ISB, FMS and maybe even IIM L next yr.. its definitely a tough call. if u have the confidence that you can crack cat next yr u cud contemplate leaving xl this yr.. besides one yr of work ex will add to ur profile.. but there is a gr8 risk you are taking here.. i.e if u fail to convert next yr.. this is now ur personal decision.. take advice from ur parents n decide.. ATB

cheers
Thanks.
-ShWeTa

both FMS n XLRI are gr8 b-schools n there is really not anything between them as far as brand value n faculty goes. FMS, the only disadvantage is that it is not a residential program..

the big plus with FMS is the life.. its a chilled out place and you can have loads of fun for the 2 yrs u r there..as as shreyas mentioned, definitely location n the fees. u save up quiet a bit.. worth thinking abt. placements.. nothing to choose. both the schools have the best of the best coming to campus..

if i had both the calls, i wud have gone for FMS..

cheers

@ shweta
dilemma between fms and xl i see... hehe not an easy choice, definitely

things going for fms ...
great location, delhi is a great place to live (i might be biased towards delhi pls forgive me 😛 )
then being a part of the legendary Delhi Univ... i think u can opt for university courses too, which u cant at xl (do confirm this with the fms seniors)...
what else, minimal fees... greatest advantage ;)

things for xl
good developed campus, hostel available :)

even if i were to ignore the fees angle completely, there is just the location advantage fms enjoys...rest all factors are more or less the same....both are great instis
so go ahead and choose anyone 😃 u lucky girl 😃

Note: If this moves towards a comparison thread, it will be locked. Lets stick to the purpose of the thread, discussing XLRI-BM programme.

FMS : Highest ROI. Excellent Faculty. Excellent Brand Name. Excellent Placements. Great Location. Higher Teacher to Student Ratio, very well developed course.

XLRI : EXcellent Faculty, EXcellent Brand Name, EXcellent Placements, Great Hostel Life, very well developed course, Autonomous governance.

:) i know... i haven't made things any easier for you. ;)

Regarding BM and PMIR, from what I have heard, you need not worry about the placements. They are almost the best you can get in India. And as regards the split between PMIR and BM, from what I know, the split is right down the middle (both in terms of the numbers as well as the median salaries).

Thanks.
-ShWeTa
Hi,

Plz help me out.

Hi vidya,

Let me congratulate u on XL success.
MBA entrance exams in India are fraught with risks. Entire one year preparation can go down in drain if you don't perform on one day. Futher XLRI is tope tier B school.

You must go.:)

i dont understand what is being discussed here, if vidya's only call is XL-BM and has converted it, what's her query?

what's going on?? what's the discussion on the XL-program about?

abt how the program is??? does one need ask?

i dont understand what is being discussed here, if vidya's only call is XL-BM and has converted it, what's her query?

what's going on?? what's the discussion on the XL-program about?

abt how the program is??? does one need ask?

well sriks,

if u read vidya's post #7 , it says she has to decide whether she shud join XL BM this yr or write cat again next yr.. to make her decision she needs more info abt the course..

cheers

I get the point that vidya is debilitating between XL-BM and CAT next yr, but if such a question arises i can only conclude that either one is too ignorant or highly contemptous of a top indian b-school.

Well, my suggestion objectively -

1. IIMs, XL, FMS are top class b-schools in india and no one doubts it. It's a no-brainer that it's quite difficult to get an admission in any of these places.

2. To not take up a seat in any of these schools and try again another year for a college that's of a similair greatness or a tad higher would be not wise.

Frankly,XL is in all manner an awesome place to study and is in no way lesser to any top b-school.

Vidya, i'm surprised that u r too specific in finance. Pls tell ur profile and it might get more clarified.