how is iim Lucknow???

hi guys can people share their views about iiml? i have a good job in France, making decent money, but my contract runs out in 5 months after which i have to come back to india to look for a job. i got thru L, is it good enough? can i prepare …

hi guys
can people share their views about iiml?
i have a good job in France, making decent money, but my contract runs out in 5 months after which i have to come back to india to look for a job. i got thru L, is it good enough? can i prepare for next cat while in iiml?
thanks
~august

i dont think u wud be able to prepare for cat while in iimL .

from the impression i have gathered they r gonna make u slog like anything..

CatCrazy Says
i dont think u wud be able to prepare for cat while in iimL .
hey august...why the heck do u need to prepare for CAT while in IIML??? or any chance u get into Insead or Kellogs thru CAT next time??

Well..

IIM-L from what I have heard has one of the best industry interfaces among the IIMs.

Also, the new director(or was it the dean).. Pritam Singh is supposed to be one hell of an administrator.

On the flip side, the curriculum is said to be the tougest too.

In my opinion, it would really not make much sense to sit out a year hoping to make it next time.
You will be much better of if you can end up in the top 10% at IIM-L rather than below the 30 percentile from IIM-A.

But.. did you say France.. hmm.. Anyway it is a personal choice..

Reuben
PS: I did not make IIM-L..

Hello,
Aren't u the Anupama who posted this query on the coolavenues forum.If u rn't, then go to the coolavenues cat helpline forum and look for the answers.
Bye.

Two examples-

1)Mckinsey & Co-They offer 14 lakhs as highest domestic package across all IIMs this year.And they made no difference between ahmedabad and lucknow guy.

2)Tata Consultancy services (TCS)-Last yr they picked 58 students from all six IIMS.52 were at entry level and they offered same package of Rs 4.25 (SOme thing like that) lakhs p.a to all of them.

Moral of story:It is all abt brand.Get in IIMs,learn corporate tricks,move on with life.
If IIM-L and IIM-A are criteria for success then reliance industries would have never been there