How is entrepreneurship viewed for a top 10 school Admission

I did my undergrad from Ohio State, passed with a 3.7/4 GPA with an honors course, worked for E&Y; New York for about a year and half before coming back to India to start an ecommerce venture. Its been about 2 years since I came back and am now ab…

I did my undergrad from Ohio State, passed with a 3.7/4 GPA with an honors course, worked for E&Y; New York for about a year and half before coming back to India to start an ecommerce venture. Its been about 2 years since I came back and am now about to launch. Have a 720 on the GMAT

I want to know what sort of chances would be given to a candidate who pursued entrepreurship. Any insights from you guys would be a big help.

I did my undergrad from Ohio State, passed with a 3.7/4 GPA with an honors course, worked for E&Y; New York for about a year and half before coming back to India to start an ecommerce venture. Its been about 2 years since I came back and am now about to launch. Have a 720 on the GMAT

I want to know what sort of chances would be given to a candidate who pursued entrepreurship. Any insights from you guys would be a big help.

No expert but I suggest that u work atleast for 15-18 months on ur venture before heading out for MBA.. else ur entrepreneurial credentials will not be given much weight-age... All the best for ur venture.. In the end if u succeed, I dnt think MBA will be that required as u can always fill in ur knowledge voids via executive programs...

Heres a brief profile -

Ohio State undergrad 2008 - 3.7 /4 GPA with honors
Work ex - E&Y; , New York 1.5 years, Ecommerce startups 2.5 years
GMAT - 720

I want to know how Admissions at top 10 schools would look at an entrepreneur wanting to get in to consulting.

Are top 10 schools wary of unusual career paths ? Would I be at a disadvantage when applying to top 10 schools in the US . I've noticed a lot of these MBA schools actually want you to be extremely focussed and they like people who've taken certain routes . To me Undergard - IB - MBA- PE/ IB/ Consulting seem to be their favorites. Or they like their Millitary people. I've almost never seen entrepreneurs in their feature profiles. Very curious to know what you guys think