To discuss whether E-GMAT is linked to GMAt club and Beat the GMAT because all we see on GMAT club or Beat the gmat is just E-GMAT
I scored 710 in my GMAT attempt in October 2020.
Well, I was a GMAT aspirant and from now and then, I kept on searching for good content to study. Many of my peers or friends are following GMAT club to basically get questions and get their queries answered.
And one thing that was most common was that they praise highly of E-GMAT.If we talk about them, so they are not even taking the classes from E-GMAT. They all are taking Live classes from some institute and EGMAT only provides recordings of classes. I mean seriously, what is the difference between a coaching and youtube then.
So I thought that why everyone does that. I thought at first that it may be because it is actually good but the reviews seemed to say totally opposite. So when I started using GMATClub,I actually got to know what the real scene is. The whole GMAT Club favors egmat a lot.
If you will open EGMAT from GMATClub. You will see around 2000 reviews written there. But for any other institute, no more than 500 are there. Well, it is a big discrepancy seeing that students from all the institutes mostly follow GMATClub, and the reviews are written only by EGMAT students. Something is definitely fishy.
There are some things which in my opinion every institute should have. Because it decided our confidence level in the exam and it should be the best.
Points which you should keep in mind while going for institute is:-
1. Recorded lectures are just one way communication:- Recorded lectures are just one way communication and in case of doubt, there is no way you can ask directly or instantly. Live online classes are something which is great. Students are able to interact with the teacher directly, doubts are cleared instantly and if a student is not understanding a topic in a particular way, another way could be followed by the teacher to clear the doubts.
2. No one can ace the GMAT in just 15 or 30 days:- It is a myth. Time is needed to develop strategies, to practice questions. GMAT is all about adaptivity. So you should be ready on how to tackle the changes in the exam and that could only be done if you have done enough practice. If anyone is claiming that it could be aced within 15-30 days, don’t fall in the trap.
3. Proper mentorship:- The main thing which is required to score good in GMAT is mainly the mentorship. It will help you to strategize your preparation accordingly. If you are just seeing the pre-recorded videos, mentorship is not going to be there in any case. So choose an institute which could help you in acing the exam according to your strengths and weakness.
4. Strategies:- Recorded videos will just teach you one strategy or one trick to solve the question. But a student should be exposed to 3-4 strategies atleast in order to take out the best strategy they feel could be implemeneted.
5. Consultation:- Well, if anyone wants to get in a good B-school, GMAT is just one step. Everyone has to apply to colleges and that part is also hard. Many institutes provide free counseling for admission and helps in application process also but this is not the case with E-GMAT. They just sell videos for double the price without any personalization.
Personalization can only be done if the classes are Live. Because video will be same for a topper also and for a mediocre student also. So no personalization can be done if anyone is giving recorded lectures because everyone is getting the same content.
The things which strongly confirms that E-GMAt is linked with GMATclub are:-
1. Reviews are in a same language and looks same person is writing:- If you will go on E-GMAT option from GMAT Club, you will find that reviews on E-GMAt are over 2000 and mostly all of them looks like same thing Is being repeated again and again in the reviews which shows that it is written by mostly the same person altogether. And seriously, do you really think that everyone will write big reviews about the same institute including the same thing. Totally fabricated.
Just think it like this. If you are very happy with a service, then also will you write a 1000 words review. It only happens if the person is paid or it is written by marketing team.
2. They tend to include E-GMAT in most of their articles or advertisements:- Well, in Best institutes for GMAT preparation, E-GMAT is recommended highly by GMAT Club. Do you really think that institutes giving Live online classes not the recorded lectures at half price than E-GMAT should be ranked lower than E-GMAT.
3. Posts / reviews opposing E-GMAT are removed immediately:- Well, it shows that it is not a general portal in which people can express their views. Only positive or not so negative reviews are accepted otherwise all the posts are deleted if it is related to E-GMAT.
Well, in totality, it is serving to be the face of an institution and basically benefitting it by placing it on the top of every comparison. I will strongly suggest that do check the product before purchasing. Compare the product so that you can easily find out which is the best and in terms of value of money also.
Well, if we talk about E-GMAT, so first of all, I would like to say that they are simply providing video lectures to study that too of same teachers. I was thinking of taking Verbal from E-GMAT as everyone said that it is really good. (I read on many forums)
I took trial classes of E-GMAT and what I understood simply was that :-
1. There is no provision of clearing your doubts in the class as all the recorded lectures. Everything is explained only in one way. If you are understanding it, good for you otherwise it is a waste.
2. There is no alternative to it. In Live classes, It is an option that teacher can make you understand the things by following different methods but in this case, hard luck.
3. They advertise really well. Unlike their product, the marketing team is good. They posts good reviews themselves and that are so easily recognizable that they are written by the same person because all of them says same thing most of the times.
GMAT Club is the one portal which must have solved so many queries of students as students can post their doubts and they can be cleared. But the main motive of GMAT Club is basically to advertise institutes like EGMAT by posting fake reviews. See, we all understand advertising is something which everyone should do. Bu manipulating reviews and content just to market one product, that is called misleading.
It is basically misleading students to join E-GMAT.
1. Both are always praising each other. All over GMAT Club, you will find E-GMAT and all over E-GMAT , you will find special mention of GMAT Club.
2. It has partnered with GMAT Club and BeattheGMAT. They post fake reviews of it and it is easily seen as it has a same pattern plus most of them are verified. I tried posting my feedback on it but it was removed instantly. It means that if you are posting against it, then it will not be posted. On the other hand, with others it is mostly opposite. If you post in favour, it will be rejected but against one will be accepted. A simple trick to show one institute as a superior.
So, I would say lookout for the best product . I mean if doubts are not getting cleared, no personalized attention is given, then I don’t think that it will help as GMAT is a highly competitive exam and focused learning is needed. So lookout for the best.
E-GMAT is a product of GMAT Club and Beat the GMAT. These forums acts as a “Godi Media” for egmat.
e-GMAT and GMAT Club are Partners (Symbiotic Partners). The idea is you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.
The Real picture is their Facebook page as on 1st January 2021:
But to hide the negative reviews, The category has been changed to “Interest” so that the negative reviews have no weightage. Check their Facebook page now.
This is called Media Manipulation.
- Earlier, The Facebook page was in the category of “University”, but now it has been changed into “Interest” Category. This is done to change the ratings as “Interest” category does not count the negative reviews. Check their Facebook Page and you will see inspite of many negative reviews, the rating is 5/5.
- Four 5-star reviews came in quick succession after January 2021.
e-GMAT and GMAT Club exists because of each other. GMAT Cub all advertisement will have e-GMAT in it and Vice versa.
Check the Home page of e-GMAT. GMAT Club features 7–8 times on the page.
e-GMAT is based upon simple formula of “Weak Product, Strong Marketing”. This company has made best use of forums in promoting themselves in the students world.
They simply become partners to GMAT Club & Beat the gmat forums and start sharing their commissions with them. In turn, forums like GMAT Club & Beat the gmat promote them at the cost of other good companies.
To understand e-GMAT better, try to understand how their front-end forums like GMAT Club or BeattheGMAT works.
GMAT Club is an aggregation of students and Test prep companies. GMAT Club just like all Forums is having two sides. One side which provides free information to students, and the other side is about promoting or demoting Test prep companies.
Students should be very attentive in all these forums because they are actually creating a pseudo world to promote the partner Test prep companies.
Points to check:
- GMAT Club is a partner to many Test Prep namely e-GMAT & EmpowerGMAT. Basically it means that the forum acts as a front-end of theses firms. Look at the Links provided at their website Partnership and Advertising Inquiries. Also look at BEATtheGMAT website footer, try to connect to them asking about advertising options or ask about becoming a partner.
- There is a saying: For someone to win, others have to lose. GMAT Club also do the same thing. If there are 10 good reviews and 5 bad reviews about their partner, then all 5 bad reviews would be removed. And in case of the companies which are not their partners, all good reviews would be removed to paint them in bad light.
- Simple rule of Business: If you are commercially involved with Test prep companies, then in no way you can be Honest.
- Just think, how can a company get 2.5 rating in their own Facebook page but gets 4.9 or 5.0 ratings in GMAT Club and BEATtheGMAT.
- Verified Reviews: The simple analogy is a “Robber guarding a Bank and asking us to believe his honesty”.
- The idea of these forums is to control the information and promote their partners and also getting commissions.
- Many times, we see their moderators also promoting their partners and also saying bad things about others. You can see all sort of examples in these forums where you will feel that moderators are creating a false world for students.
- Founder “BB” can be seen in many discussions speaking good about GMAT Club Partners and speaking against others.
- Test Prep companies Reviews are removed and Reviewers are also banned, to promote their partners namely e-GMAT & empowerGMAT.
- E-GMAT in all their advertisements will talk about their reviews in GMAT club and Beat the GMAT. But they will not talk about their reviews in Facebook, Quora, Redditt, Pagalguy, etc. Check all these forums.
They give advertisement and they are paid back…..just like Godi Media.