How good is IMS max GMAT correspondence

Hi All I am getting IMS max GMAT material for 2800( 20 % discount for being ex IMT student). Please tell me how good is it content wise. From all the posts i have read Kaplan,OG etc are mentioned but no one has mentioned about the IMS ma…

Hi All

I am getting IMS max GMAT material for 2800( 20 % discount for being ex IMT student).

Please tell me how good is it content wise. From all the posts i have read Kaplan,OG etc are mentioned but no one has mentioned about the IMS material. GMAT veterans plz throw light on this topic.

Havent used/seen the IMS material but one thing is sure. OG10/11 is absolutely essential. So even if u take the IMS course u still need to buy/take a print out of the OG.

Hi Soumitra,

I took the Max GMAT classroom coaching from IMS and spent 20,000.

Their Quant portion is good. Very good, in fact.
The verbal is a notch above worthless. I found many errors in the 12 practice tests they give on the CD, and moreover, the tests did not seem to be computer adaptive. The RCs are way too long and the question styles not at all like the GMAT. Don't even think about doing the SC from here.

But at 2800 is sounds like a good bargain... you'll be getting a lot of practice material.

Cheerio
Keya

Hi Keya,

Thx for the clarification. There are 5 paper based tests and 10 CD based tests in the package. Are you saying that 10 CD based tests are worthless and dont provide similar CAT features like Kaplan tests etc? Also, will the IMS material and tests suffice or do i have to buy other material as well. Please suggest the right mix for the exam.
Thx

Soumitra

Hi Soumitra,

I took the Max GMAT classroom coaching from IMS and spent 20,000.

Their Quant portion is good. Very good, in fact.
The verbal is a notch above worthless. I found many errors in the 12 practice tests they give on the CD, and moreover, the tests did not seem to be computer adaptive. The RCs are way too long and the question styles not at all like the GMAT. Don't even think about doing the SC from here.

But at 2800 is sounds like a good bargain... you'll be getting a lot of practice material.

Cheerio
Keya
Hi Keya,

Thx for the clarification. There are 5 paper based tests and 10 CD based tests in the package. Are you saying that 10 CD based tests are worthless and dont provide similar CAT features like Kaplan tests etc? Also, will the IMS material and tests suffice or do i have to buy other material as well. Please suggest the right mix for the exam.
Thx

Soumitra

Hi Keya,

Thx

Soumitra

The IMS material wont be sufficient. The IMS material isnt as tough as the actual test. I suggest that you also buy the Kaplan 800 books for preparation