How Good Are California State Universities for MBA?

Cal State Univs -Northridge -East Bay -San Francisco -Long Beach -Sacramento -Fullerton Their MBA programs are not ranked by US News ,Business Week or Poets&Quants; Is it worth applying there ? The competition for jobs is i…

Cal State Univs

-Northridge
-East Bay
-San Francisco
-Long Beach
-Sacramento
-Fullerton

Their MBA programs are not ranked by US News ,Business Week or Poets&Quants;
Is it worth applying there ? The competition for jobs is intense in the Silicon Valley.
What is ROI on their full time MBA programs . Job prospects post MBA.
Thanks

Can any expert pls comment

@GMAT_Conquer Hi!
As far as I know California State Universities generally serve "local" students who may be working at a company located in the vicinity of each CSU campus. Competition for jobs is fierce all over all the US at the moment but Silicon Valley is seeing a great deal of job growth, but I have no idea regarding the placement of CSU MBA's at high tech companies in the valley.

@Bforce Silicon Valley is the reason i am considering applying to a few state universities.
Also,the fact that there are comparatively fewer top notch('Ranked') B-schools on the West Coast compared to those on the East Coast,so I feel ROI of these programs in much higher.

@GMAT_Conquer Even east coast MBAs come to Silicon Valley for opportunities. You will have to check with each career services office to see where graduates are placed. Additionally, only San Francisco and East Bay are close to Silicon Valley and likely have the strongest relationships with tech companies in the region. You may also want to look into University of California campuses.

Silicon Valley does not place the same emphasis that many other parts of the United States do on MBAs. Not to mention there are very strong schools in the area including Stanford and Berkeley as well as USC and UCLA in Los Angeles. In addition, many MBA type jobs are likely in San Francisco among professional services firms rather than in Silicon Valley among tech companies.

When looking at an ROI, you will also have to consider that you will have a large portion of your compensation come in the form of equity from most start-up/high tech companies.

@Bforce I would be changing industry post MBA, and would like to work in a professional services firm .
So do you think SoCal would have more opportunities for a MBA graduate, compared to Silicon Valley. San Jose perhaps?
@GMAT_Conquer For a professional services firm such as the Big 4, location of the school does not matter as much as the pre-existing relationship that the school has with that firm and if they actively recruit from a particular school.