how do u rate icfai, tapmi, imi, somaiya, nirma, welingkar, lbs delhi

hi everyone i wan to know how do u rate these college.give ur personal rankings,and which one do u think is a better choice among these colleges.

hi everyone
i wan to know how do u rate these college.give ur personal rankings,and which one do u think is a better choice among these colleges.

I didn't wan't to start a new thread so I will post here. (Will start a new one if my queries are not answered 😃 )

I have got final call from GIM.

I also have GDPI calls from IMI, FORE, NIRMA, KJS, TAPMI and BIM apart from L, I and MDI.

Of course L, I & MDI are a lot better than GIM, and I believe that TAPMI is also better than GIM.

But what about the rest?

From what I know FORE, Welingkar and KJS are not as good as GIM .

Some insider info is welcome.

Bye.

i have got thru icfai have call frm gim...totally confused....is gim better than gim for finance...as i plan on takin up finance...

for Finance, ICFAI is the best...go ahead with that option...
then i can go for TAPMI...its good
then NIRMA/GIM...don't have much info abt other inst

iid delhi and imi r simply da best. i cudn't get thru iit-d as i screwed my but i have the gd/pi call frm imi. imi has 100% quality placements with avg sal being 3.5-4 (insider info.). Faculty-wise its better than iit-d. placements-wise only a shade better.
i applied only for iit-d and imi along with iims, mdi, xlri, xim, iift, fms and imt

i frm whtever little i kno abt tapmi---its gud...but there is tooo much hype abt it. i believe it is slightly overated.

icfai-hyd is decent only for specialized courses tht too if u r among the top 60-80 in ur batch. but icfai is nothing compared to imi/iit-d

somaiya is old and so-so. welingkar/ nirma r much more dynamic and future looks better. again

lbs delhi....its gaining popularity.....avg sal for gud students this yr was 15-16K (in hand) per month. studies r serious out here. its as gud as some symbi inst.

Hi! Shashi

Out if the inst. you have mentioned my ranking would be

for finance ICFAI tops the list

for others TAPMI/IMI depending on the location you prefer

then come somaiya>welingkar>nirma>lbs

I had calls from IMI, TAPMI, KJ, Nirma, Welingkar and ICFAI

Opted for ICFAI since I want to go for finance

Jharna

hi,
i got icfai hyd and will be opting for finance...
As far as other inst. are concerned, i think icfai is mush ahead of them( as far as finance is concerned)

see you all there..

hi all,
how's icfai for finance among all bschools in india???

1.KJSomiya
2.Welingkar
3.IMI
4.Tapmi
5.nirma
6.ICFAI
7.FORE
8.LBS, delhi.

If fact contrary to them opinions expressed in this thread, I believe somaiya n welingkar are good institutes . Ive put KJ & Welingkar on top simply bcoz being in bbay their corporate interface is much better than any other insti in ur list.

All of them have round abt the same placements.

ICFAI is good only for finance.

As for GIM, I have absolutely no idea abt it. But goa is an amazing place!!!

1) TAPMI
2) KJ Somaiya
3) IMI
4) Welingkars
5) GIM
6) LBS
7) Nirma (i've heard no placements since last 2 years or so...)
FORE
9) ICFAI (only Hyd.)

this is just my personal view guys....

what if i had to choose between ICFAI mumbai and welingkar.

Hi guys please reply ASAP.

What would be the better and worse option between GIM, Fore and Nirma?

Don't have any info about Nirma and read somewhere that it's placements are pathetic.

well guys!!
i think that imi is an underrated b-school. the faculty is pretty good there and so r the placements. tapmi on the other hand is quite hyped. i believe it has a serious locational disadvantage.
not 2 sure abt icfai as the student intake is high!! for me it would be
1)imi
2)lbs (low profile!!)
3)tapmi
4)somaiya
5)icfai
6)welingkar
7)nirma

just my opinion.....

well guys even i am in afix!!
i have fianl calls from fore and iit roorkee.
i have to decide by 14th of this month.
can any 1 give me some idea abt fore
how good r the placements etc.

dev

well guys!!
i think that imi is an underrated b-school. the faculty is pretty good there and so r the placements.

Well said..sir. Ur correct when u say imi is underrated. Faculty-wise it is simply one of the very best in the country. Believe me guys..most iims and other ivy league inst don't have such hi-quality faculty. Placements r good. Although imi keeps low profile...but the quality of the co.s visiting campus r excellent..hll, tcs, boston scientific, itc, hcl, maruti, icici, ranbaxy, oracle, glaxo, mckinsey, indianoil, pfc etc to name a few
Ideally..imi shud b up there in top-15..and not b/w 15-20 as most ratings suggest.

tapmi on the other hand is quite hyped

Spot on buddy. Although i feel location disadvantage is not a critical as tapmi faculty is pretty decent compared to other top-notch b-schools. nevertheless..tapmi is over-hyped

icfai .. on other hand advertises a lot..but then their placements r very aggressive. Although i must add tht the quality of placements suffer a lot due to high student intake.

For dev...fore is not a gud inst. go for iit-r. iit-r is continuosly improving...and within 2 yrs it wud be better a lot than fore. Low student intake..and iit brand name r its greatest plus points. However iit-r ..as of now is not having 100% placements. Same with Fore.
Still i wud suggest ...iit-r (anyday)

HI EVERYONE!!!

I HAVE GOT THROUGH FORE AND AM REALLY CONFUSED ABT WHETHER TO JOIN TE INSTITUTE......WHATEVER I HAVE GATHERED IT SEEMS STO BE A PRETTY DECENT PLACE WITH COMPANIES LIKE HDFC,ICICI,ICICI PRUDENTIAL,HERO HONDA,WIPRO,MCKINSEY COMING IN TO RECRUIT STUDENTS AND THE AVG SALARIES ABTR 4 LACS.

I HAVE A 2 YRS EXPERIENCE IN A CORPORATE BANK AND AM WONDERING HOW GOOD IT WILL BE TO DO MY MBA FROM THERE!!

SOMEBODY PLZ HELP.......HAVE TO PAY UP MY FEE BY THE 14TH OF APRIL.

REGARDS,
ADITI

Please avoid posting in CAPS.....its considered shouting

dude..wats d low profile thng wid lbs..how good or how bad is it??

buddy...lbs is not tht bad...faculty is decent...and most importantly very comitted. physical Infrastructure sux. placements picking up...but still nothing much 2 write abt. low profile means not advertising heavily, doing publicity stunts etc ... such thgs r done by welingkar, amity,etc. lbs is just ok sorts

Let me also add tht the management there is gr8...and the faculty is very comitted....studies r serious(unlike many gud bschools)..and lbs wud pick up in near future

To be very honest, a B-school is all about Name and Placements and the name of B-school will go with you all through your professional life. Dont get me wrong, as i am saying what i feel is practically true)

for me, the ranking would be like this:-

IMI (atleast in Delhi and NCR corporates know the name of IMI..that helps!!!),
Tapmi ('coz under CAT, decent avg salary),
Somaiya (again under CAT, famous name),
Nirma (nice infrastucture, decent sal),
LBS (just it being in Delhi is its asset),
Welingkar ,
ICFAI (good only for finance and that too hyderabad)

again its dicey between Somaiya and Tapmi

i think ebody is forgetting bout ubs chandigarh. It is very much at par or i shud say above all dese institutes vid gud placements.