How authentic is your iimk scorecard

Dear all, Please have a llok at the iimk score. Candidate1:10th score:77.2 Index Score:1.97 /20 Candidate \2:101th score:75.2 Index score:2.61/20 The guys passed frm the same board, same year. Proof attached.

Dear all,

Please have a llok at the iimk score.

Candidate1:10th score:77.2 Index Score:1.97 /20
Candidate \2:101th score:75.2 Index score:2.61/20

The guys passed frm the same board, same year.
Proof attached.

Finally. I think this is concrete proof that iimk messed up big this time. Senseless scaling.

OMFG wot da hell is dis?????? dude where did u get dis stuff????
spectramind07 Says
OMFG wot da hell is dis?????? dude where did u get dis stuff????

Guys proof will be attached again tomorror after hiding the names.
catfiasco Says
Guys proof will be attached again tomorror after hiding the names.

Dude today was a hapi day aftr my MDI call..bt nw m shattered ya,was really expecting an IIMK call few weeks back wen IIMK ditched me:oops:

hi
posting this in consultation with catfiasco.

with regards to iim k indexing policy.
have a look at these files.

If anyone can justify this, his/her comments are welcome.

for reference(from iim k website)

2. SSC Index: The academic performance is taken as the percentage of marks reported by the candidates and was standardized across the boards using the data available with IIMK for four years including the current year. Standardization is absolutely required to compare the performance of students from different boards and convert them to a common scale as different boards show different distribution of scores. One of the best and most commonly used solutions in statistics whenever data from different groups need to be compared is the standardization using the population mean and standard deviation to compute Z scores. Once Z scores are computed, they can be used to compare performance data across boards in academic performance. Z score represents how much away from the mean a particular student is for a given board. Positive values of Z score indicate above the mean performance (above average) and negative scores below the mean. Z scores also provide the scale considering the variability measured as standard deviation. Score is assigned to academic performance in SSC based on how much above the average a student is compared to other applicants in the corresponding SSC board who have applied to IIMK. Among the applicants if your performance is above average for a particular board, you will get a higher score.

Z-score for a particular candidate 'i' is calculated as follows:

Where Xi= score of "i" candidate being evaluated, = population mean estimate of the candidates belonging to SSC board from which "i" candidate belongs, whereas is standard deviation estimate of the candidates belonging to SSC board from which "i" candidate belongs.

hi
posting this in consultation with catfiasco.

with regards to iim k indexing policy.
have a look at these files.

If anyone can justify this, his/her comments are welcome.

for reference(from iim k website)

2. SSC Index: The academic performance is taken as the percentage of marks reported by the candidates and was standardized across the boards using the data available with IIMK for four years including the current year. Standardization is absolutely required to compare the performance of students from different boards and convert them to a common scale as different boards show different distribution of scores. One of the best and most commonly used solutions in statistics whenever data from different groups need to be compared is the standardization using the population mean and standard deviation to compute Z scores. Once Z scores are computed, they can be used to compare performance data across boards in academic performance. Z score represents how much away from the mean a particular student is for a given board. Positive values of Z score indicate above the mean performance (above average) and negative scores below the mean. Z scores also provide the scale considering the variability measured as standard deviation. Score is assigned to academic performance in SSC based on how much above the average a student is compared to other applicants in the corresponding SSC board who have applied to IIMK. Among the applicants if your performance is above average for a particular board, you will get a higher score.

Z-score for a particular candidate 'i' is calculated as follows:

Where Xi= score of "i" candidate being evaluated, = population mean estimate of the candidates belonging to SSC board from which "i" candidate belongs, whereas is standard deviation estimate of the candidates belonging to SSC board from which "i" candidate belongs.

Just to add in case you havent notices, The candidate has passed from the same year same board(cbse)

Candidate1:77.6 score:1.97/20
Candidate 2:75.2 score:2.64/20

why to speculate go for a newspaper and publish it
or file an rti through a lawyer mentioning this case they will provide the detail info
go for it

Hello,
This should be highlighted in the electronic and print media. These are gross irregularities committed by an institution of repute where taxpayer's money is going and many kids' future are at stake.

The fact that they had the same subjects and the same board, makes the case very interesting. We should decide on a plan of action.

Dear all,

Please have a llok at the iimk score.

Candidate1:10th score:77.2 Index Score:1.97 /20
Candidate \2:101th score:75.2 Index score:2.61/20

The guys passed frm the same board, same year.
Proof attached.

Catfiasco,

Appreciate your efforts !!! One small doubt , does these both candidates belongs to same category? I think while doing scaling of academics , IIMK admission authorities might have considered the category as well(scaling process may differ according to the category).

So, please confirm whether the above mentioned candidates belongs to same category or not?

Thanks
Sravan
Catfiasco,

Appreciate your efforts !!! One small doubt , does these both candidates belongs to same category? I think while doing scaling of academics , IIMK admission authorities might have considered the category as well(scaling process may differ according to the category).

So, please confirm whether the above mentioned candidates belongs to same category or not?

Thanks
Sravan

with all due respect. u please laugh at urself. if der is different scaling for different category den y in this world dey hav cutoffs category wise.

It doesnt matter if they are from the same category are not...marking for everyone is asame...please refer to shortlisting doc.

If they have entered their marks correctly in the first form then this should definitely go against IIMK.

palleo123 Says
with all due respect. u please laugh at urself. if der is different scaling for different category den y in this world dey hav cutoffs category wise.

Yeah, surely I will laugh at myself , but before that I request you to please realize the way the normalization that was done by IIMK, that makes you not be surprise if they even consider the category.
sravan534 Says
Yeah, surely I will laugh at myself , but before that I request you to please realize the way the normalization that was done by IIMK, that makes you not be surprise if they even consider the category.

you may have a point in what you say! But may i ask you what was your CAT score? You seem to have got calls from IIM-S and IIM-I and both of these two IIMs have awarded calls at very low CAT scores. That might be the reason why you are dropping in time and again and posting your counterarguments whenever catfiasco or someone else comes out with something to prove the IIMs' folly.

If you have scored very low in CAT then you must realize that in reality you don't deserve any calls from IIMs. It is because of ppl like you that deserving candidates are suffering. Kindly try to understand the situation such affected candidates are in. Many of them wasted one full year in preparation for CAT. Many of them had even left their well-paying jobs too. So, kindly try to sympathise with them.

@catfiasco

If those index scores are indeed true then you have a very strong point. By the way, what is the status of the legal help which you were going to seek? Kindly keep us updated.

If you have scored very low in CAT then you must realize that in reality you don't deserve any calls from IIMs. It is because of ppl like you that deserving candidates are suffering.

i don't think you have any right to be judgmental about who deserves a call or not.

I think someone should help in this effort. If this is bought to light, it would be a serious blow to IIMKs rep. They are playing with student's futures by doing what they are doing. Maybe some Mods can write a main article on this. This thread should not be ignored to the extent that it has been ignored so far.

you may have a point in what you say! But may i ask you what was your CAT score? You seem to have got calls from IIM-S and IIM-I and both of these two IIMs have awarded calls at very low CAT scores. That might be the reason why you are dropping in time and again and posting your counterarguments whenever catfiasco or someone else comes out with something to prove the IIMs' folly.

If you have scored very low in CAT then you must realize that in reality you don't deserve any calls from IIMs. It is because of ppl like you that deserving candidates are suffering. Kindly try to understand the situation such affected candidates are in. Many of them wasted one full year in preparation for CAT. Many of them had even left their well-paying jobs too. So, kindly try to sympathise with them.

@catfiasco

If those index scores are indeed true then you have a very strong point. By the way, what is the status of the legal help which you were going to seek? Kindly keep us updated.

Hello medhi2006,

I think I have scored quite decent in CAT 2010 and I can say that I am quite eligible for the both the calls that I have got and even more.Anyhow since you asked about my scores , pfb the same

CAT 2010 Scores:
OA : 97.20%
QA : 99.62%
DI : 89.36%
VA : 82.85%
Category : GEN
Xth Score : 84.83% IIM K Indexed score : 4.17/20
XIIth Score : 96.10% IIM K Indexed score : 9.61/20
Grad:87.77% IIM K Indexed score : 10/10

Now its up to you to think , whether I am eligible for the calls that I got and do remember that even I am also a victim of IIMK Normalization process. If you see my starting post, I have clearly mentioned that it was my doubt and I want some clarification about it, hence posted the same. Anyhow, let's stop this topic here itself and do our own business.

P.S: My sincere advice to you is please don't judge and throw any comments like "you don't deserve any" without knowing proper statistics, it may hurt other feelings if they really deserve.

All the very best

Thanks
Sravan

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/61768-2011-2013-iim-kozhikode-gd-130.html#post2482171
post no:1291
i agree wid catfiasco..there has been a issue of consistancy with normalized score...
even i saw 20/20 for 87% for a cbse guy...but i won't be able to substantiate it with proof..coz it was shown to me by a TIME coaching staff guy...nd i don't remember details now...