hostel food!!

Is hostel food really that bad? or are we just tired of eating the same food, and hence all the complaining?.. I initially felt that the food in my hostel was good. i really liked it and hardly complained. We are given non veg thrice in a week, …

Is hostel food really that bad? or are we just tired of eating the same food, and hence all the complaining?..
I initially felt that the food in my hostel was good. i really liked it and hardly complained. We are given non veg thrice in a week, ice creams, snacks, name it and we have it.They even give tea for the night during exams!!
But after a couple of months i was on the top of the list of complaint boxes.
this got me thinking...can we students ever be satisfied or content with hostel food?!

Is hostel food really that bad? or are we just tired of eating the same food, and hence all the complaining?..
I initially felt that the food in my hostel was good. i really liked it and hardly complained. We are given non veg thrice in a week, ice creams, snacks, name it and we have it.They even give tea for the night during exams!!
But after a couple of months i was on the top of the list of complaint boxes.
this got me thinking...can we students ever be satisfied or content with hostel food?!

Dude.. no one can be satisfied with hostel food. Criticizing hostel food is seen as a display of panache. Students would readily leave well prepared Noodles in the hostel and go and eat half cooked, unhygienic noodles prepared on a road side stall. Mostly it is the repetitive menu that people get bored of. The best thing to do is ask for some variety every week. Take up the issue with the mess committee if you have one, or the warden.

I guess this thread is going to be closed soon. :biggrin:

And demanding variety in your menu solves the issue, does it??..
ask me and i say that, the mere thought of hostel food drives us away, Its not always that bad, and as you said compared to hostel food anything else seems a million times better

And demanding variety in your menu solves the issue, does it??..
ask me and i say that, the mere thought of hostel food drives us away, Its not always that bad, and as you said compared to hostel food anything else seems a million times better

In that case you can very well choose not to opt for that food and eat outside as per your liking. Just take up boarding at the hostel (if available). Or else completely different option stay outside if your finances permit. Else no point in crying over it. Hostel food will be the same boring, tasteless after initial few days/months, unless everyone is ready to pay that extra and they'll improve the services to that of a restaurant maybe with menu and all!!

Anyways this discussion makes sense in one of the Life@B-school threads for a particular institute and the hostel they provide.

I am a student of GLA Mathura. I live in college hostel. I must say that the hostel facility is really fantastic.For girls their is a separate hostel fully furnished and facilitated. Recreation facility is also available in the hostel. Food is also very nice. There is a total home like feeling in the college hostel.