Hong Kong UST Business School

Hi, I didn’t find any thread for this prestigious B School. I am considering to apply here, could any one throw some light on few questions listed below 1. I see that HKUST puts more emphasize on Chinese market, I am not considering …

Hi,

I didn't find any thread for this prestigious B School. I am considering to apply here, could any one throw some light on few questions listed below

1. I see that HKUST puts more emphasize on Chinese market, I am not considering China to work in. Although its core and elective courses looks very attractive, but too much emphasize on China will make my life difficult?

2. Can somebody throw some light on salary packages? There is lot of placement in Financial sector, which is pushing me more towards this school.

if there are any puys interested in applying to HKUST, let's start a discussion here

Thanks,

I had also put it in my list, but after searching forums, it looks as if China factor is too much there..plus not sure about the cost of living there. Otherwise, the school and its reviews are awesome. Other puys, please pour in.

:wow:

I had also put it in my list, but after searching forums, it looks as if China factor is too much there..plus not sure about the cost of living there. Otherwise, the school and its reviews are awesome. Other puys, please pour in.

:wow:

As far as expense goes, here is the detail from the website

Estimate Expenses
Accommodation on campus (12 months) - USD 5,400
Living expenses (12 months) - USD 6,400
Miscellaneous - USD 3,000

as far as China factor goes they have a list of electives with the head "General Management in China" and also when you click on apply you will see this msg
If you are looking for a world-class MBA with focus on China business, this is the right place to start! :shocked:

I am thinking of mailing adcom if I don't get a satisfactory reply here...let's see what puys have to say

Hey guys. Glad to find this thread. One of the rare ones on this forum.
@d2rockstar: I dont think the China focus is that big a disadvantage. Probably it gives you a larger perspective of the Asian market! either way, did you hear from them? What did they have to say?

Have you considered CUHK?

Why MBA? - Why MBA ? Chinese University Hong Kong - ***************