HKUST MSc Global Finance

Hi people, Currently, I am looking at this program, however, except the information on its web site, I almost cannot find other information about this program on the internet such as acceptance rate, and employment prospects, and etc. Now, I …

Hi people,

Currently, I am looking at this program, however, except the information on its web site, I almost cannot find other information about this program on the internet such as acceptance rate, and employment prospects, and etc. Now, I have a feeling that this program becomes a top secret program. I am just wondering any people in this forum is applied or applying or accepted to the program can shine some light on me to declassify this program for me

Thanks

You got 5 years of work experience? Decent programme but if you want to do a Masters in Finance look west i.e. LBS MFin etc.

Yea I have 5 years, just wondering if the program worth every penny? :cheers:

Its a Part Time program, focused at people who want to increase their skill set of finance. There are no lectures or anything only 2-4 seminars a month, also average experience for the previous batch was 8.5 years.

One of their current students sums up the program as

Save your money. This program is just about so so. I am currently a student under this program. You pretty much can't learn a lot from it as it is just an alliance between hkust and nyu. Program is pretty sparse and cracked into 4 days seminar of a month.
I would really try something else rather than this. Regret my money and time.
ps everything is quick and brief, while the nyu professors maybe a little better, the hkust professors are all jokes loldumb scholars. It is kind of like paying to get a degreecolumbia, harvard, stanford, yale, upenn are really the outstanding ones.
Wayne Lai
HKUST/NYU Global Finance Year 2010

Source : NYU/HKUST MS in Global Finance

According to me the good will be:
Chance to network
Both Schools have strong alumni base
Getting the names of 2 big B-schools in your resume.

The bad can be:
Very less contact hours
A PT program so recruitment is not very big.
Very expensive considering the contact hours.
Its a Part Time program, focused at people who want to increase their skill set of finance. There are no lectures or anything only 2-4 seminars a month, also average experience for the previous batch was 8.5 years.

One of their current students sums up the program as

Source : NYU/HKUST MS in Global Finance

According to me the good will be:
Chance to network
Both Schools have strong alumni base
Getting the names of 2 big B-schools in your resume.

The bad can be:
Very less contact hours
A PT program so recruitment is not very big.
Very expensive considering the contact hours.

I find the quote that you showed all over the places, and except that I can't find must other positive posts, and this s a 60k USD bet so.....