HKUST - MBA:: Information Required

Hi All, I would like to know if anybody is planning to apply or currently is studying at the HKUST school for MBA. I have a GMAT score of 710 and work-ex of about 10 months currently as Business Systems Analyst with an Insurance company…

Hi All,

I would like to know if anybody is planning to apply or currently is studying at the HKUST school for MBA.

I have a GMAT score of 710 and work-ex of about 10 months currently as Business Systems Analyst with an Insurance company.

Some of the reasons why I like this program is because:

1. They have a specialization in IT
2. 1 year course duration
3. Less than US schools
4. Less work-ex seems to be negotiable
5. They have solid placement statistics

I also plan to apply to ISB. NUS and NBS.

Can somebody please shed some more light on this school over the others I have mentioned above?

Many thanks..

Saahil

Hi Sahil,
I also have 2 yrs of work ex and yet to give GMAT though. I had also researched on HKUST and felt the same.
Compared to ISB i think it will give a international exposure and diversity which cannot be matched by ISB. Besides located in APAC region one can find very lucrative jobs out there and most of the IT companies have important business located in APAC.
But betwen HKUST and NUS i think its tough call, cause singapre is also equally booming and lots of oppurtunities there. But NUS dosent offer any placement Guarantee and what i could find out through some of my friends in NUS is that , jobs are mainly through networking and contacts.
Besides HKUST , can get you a easy entry into China , of which i need not speak about.

Compared to NUS and NBS i think NUS takes a lead.
What do you reckon??