Hku mba 2011

Hi All, Dint find any posts for 2011 HKU MBA hence started one to share info on admit process. I got a call for HKU interview to be held on 30th can you guys share your experinces: My profile: 7 yrs WE in Credit control GMAT 65…

Hi All,

Dint find any posts for 2011 HKU MBA hence started one to share info on admit process.

I got a call for HKU interview to be held on 30th can you guys share your experinces:

My profile:
7 yrs WE in Credit control
GMAT 650
BMS (Mediocre acads)
Planning for HKU, SMU and CUHK

Please let me know your take on CUHK and SMU. Let me have your views.

Thanks

Hi,

I am planning to apply to HKU soon.

My profile:

GMAT: 640
Work Ex: 4.5 yrs
UG: BCom

Btw...when did you submit your app?

Cheers

Yeah me too tried to look for 2011 HKU admissions, but strange , no threads !! sent PM to few guys from last year thread, but no response so far.

I have got my interview on 04-12-2010. Anyone else having interview on that day ?
Last year's thread was really helpfull.. still more info and tips are always welcome ....

Thanks

Hi,

I am planning to apply to HKU soon.

My profile:

GMAT: 640
Work Ex: 4.5 yrs
UG: BCom

Btw...when did you submit your app?

Cheers

I submitted in the 1st week of this month.

I had submitted my application around a month backand have my interview today. Will let you guys know how the interview goes.

@ mdmdmd: can you share your profile, gives a better insight.

I had submitted my application around a month backand have my interview today. Will let you guys know how the interview goes.

@ mdmdmd: can you share your profile, gives a better insight.

@ rahuloberai83 : I am late to say ATB...pls do share your interview experience.
My profile

GMAT : 660
Work Ex : 4.25 years in Banking and finance
Acads : good
EC : good
BE (CSE)
@ rahuloberai83 : I am late to say ATB...pls do share your interview experience.
My profile

GMAT : 660
Work Ex : 4.25 years in Banking and finance
Acads : good
EC : good
BE (CSE)

Guess the interviews have started.. Are you having a F2F interview in India or on the webcam>?? I applied in October but haven't heard from them yet. I got rejected by HKU after interview last year.
I have a GMAT score of 680, 3 yrs and 4 months of work ex...

Does'nt HKU cost around 130,000USD? How do you guys come up with that kind of money?

Mine will be face2face..not sure about others...
@ rahuloberai83 : how was it for you ?

Harrii Says
Does'nt HKU cost around 130,000USD? How do you guys come up with that kind of money?

No its not that costly. You can get all info from their website. It costs around 360000 HKD(tuition fees). Well even this amount is huge for me and I need to depend on loan ofcourse.

Does anyone have idea on how much scholarship indian students can expect on average ?

Thanks Rahul for starting the thread. This will be useful going forward. Hope your interview experience was good.

md.. All the best for your interview.

I submitted my app on 2nd week of nov. My profile :
12th 84.2 %
BE from DCE 69.9%
GMAT: 720 (51,35,4)
Work Ex: 3yrs by June 2011 in IT... Domain: Capital Markets
CFA (US) Level 2 Passed.

Not heard anything from Adcom as yet.

Oh I'm sorry i got confused i thought you were talking about HKUST MBA .... thats the one which costs 130000 usd.

But md ..... instead of paying 360000 hkd (around 21 lakhs) to this HK college why dont you do it from IIM which would work out around the same, and the IIM brand name maybe more prestigious.

Well !! thats a long story... lets discuss about HKU on this thread.

is the fee 70k or 130k,
in their site is is 70K usd
Estimate Expenses 53K usd
AND others.

HKDUSD (equivalent)MBA Program Fee (2010 intake)
$420,000*$53,900*Accommodation on campus (12 months)
$42,000$5,400Books and supplies
$10,000$1,300Living expenses (12 months)
$50,000$6,400Miscellaneous
$24,000$3,000Total$546,000$70,000

Hi,

I was also interviewed on 30th for the same. .To be frank, it didn't go too well for me...all the best to others. . anyone got an admit for CUHK?

Pratik

Hi,

I was also interviewed on 30th for the same. .To be frank, it didn't go too well for me...all the best to others. . anyone got an admit for CUHK?

Pratik

How many guys were called for interview on 30th ? How long was it for you ?
All the best to you too.
How many guys were called for interview on 30th ? How long was it for you ?
All the best to you too.

Mine lasted about 20 mins. . I was called for the 5PM slot and one of my colleague was due for 530 PM, so i know atleast 2 😃

@rahuloberai83: I've a couple of doubts regarding the app procedure. Are hard copies of referee reports mandatory or can we get our referees to send it directly to HKU from their official email ids? And are we supposed to send a hard copy of our official gmat score report along with the other supporting materials?

Will really appreciate your help.

Thanks..

@rahuloberai83: I've a couple of doubts regarding the app procedure. Are hard copies of referee reports mandatory or can we get our referees to send it directly to HKU from their official email ids? And are we supposed to send a hard copy of our official gmat score report along with the other supporting materials?

Will really appreciate your help.

Thanks..

@vishalvignesh : I think I read in last year's thread that HKU does not mind if referees send the soft copy directly through mail. However you can do one thing, make a doc file of the referee report and ask your referee to fill it up and provide you printout of the filled up soft copy in a closed envelop.

@rahuloberai : you can add something here..