HKU class of 2010 aspirers

Hi, Since i did not find a thread for the 2010 fall program at Hong Kong University, i’m starting this thread. People who have applied, going to apply, alumni are all requested to post your queries , experiences and suggestions Regar…

Hi,
Since i did not find a thread for the 2010 fall program at Hong Kong University, i'm starting this thread.

People who have applied, going to apply, alumni are all requested to post your queries , experiences and suggestions

Regards,
Vishnu

Hi,
Since i did not find a thread for the 2010 fall program at Hong Kong University, i'm starting this thread.

People who have applied, going to apply, alumni are all requested to post your queries , experiences and suggestions

Regards,
Vishnu

Hey Vishnu,
Good work! I am one of the applicants to the HKU MBA program.
The most exciting element of the program is its exchange program with LBS and Columbia where the students will have the opportunity to spend the last semester at any of these two business schools. Indeed something unique!

What are your reasons to apply for this school? What are other schools u are applying?

I applied bcos its HONG KONG!.. i'l be continuing my career in Asia.. and HKU was too good to miss out.. Did a lot of research. ..... the london opportunity , as u said is something really unique to look fwd to...

Unfortunately i got my reject today evening.. :-(

Good luck to you mate..

Hey..
Thanks for this post...
I was thinking about applying to HKU...
I started with the application process..and realized there is only one essay, but I am not sure of the word limit. Could u tell me the same?
Also, what are the documents that I need to send for this, there was no clear list on the website.
Thanks in advance.

Hey..
Thanks for this post...
I was thinking about applying to HKU...
I started with the application process..and realized there is only one essay, but I am not sure of the word limit. Could u tell me the same?
Also, what are the documents that I need to send for this, there was no clear list on the website.
Thanks in advance.

The essay is nothing but your SOP.. and yes . no word limits.. try to limit it to two pages though...
Transcripts, degree and referee reports to be sent.. gmat and toefl... official scores can be sent later - unofficial scores to be sent via mail or post.

I too have applied to HKU - actually long back in September. Regarding the essays, yes there is no word limit specified but one of the current students told me that it would be advisable to keep it under 800 words.

@dvishn, sorry about your rejection.

I applied bcos its HONG KONG!.. i'l be continuing my career in Asia.. and HKU was too good to miss out.. Did a lot of research. ..... the london opportunity , as u said is something really unique to look fwd to...

Unfortunately i got my reject today evening.. :-(

Good luck to you mate..

Hey Vishnu, sorry to hear that but never mind. Better things must be waiting for you.
BTW which other schools u r applying to?
I sincerely wish you a good b school. ATB
Hey Vishnu, sorry to hear that but never mind. Better things must be waiting for you.
BTW which other schools u r applying to?
I sincerely wish you a good b school. ATB

Nanyang, NUS, ISB

Today i got a mail from HKU saying that my application is still under review.. Only that i have been rejected from the interview process held in India..

What does this mean??? waiting list ? for a waiting list? :banghead:

Anybody with call for interview so far?

Nanyang, NUS, ISB

Today i got a mail from HKU saying that my application is still under review.. Only that i have been rejected from the interview process held in India..

Wow thats atleast better than a reject. I totally understand the frustration of being on the wait list (I am also on the waitlist of a bschool).
Wish you good luck with the application.

I am also keen to know if anybody has been invited for an interview. Anybody?

hey guys..
thnks for ur help...
really appreciate..

cud u tel me..how to download the referee report form - is the PDF mailed to the people directly?

dvishn - it was gud to knw ur application is stil under review. ATB! 😃

Nanyang, NUS, ISB

Hi Vishnu,
May God give you your best school seat...
Would you please share your profile - GMAT, experience, educational background, EXC, etc.

Mine is: Masters in HRM/B.Com. (1st rank in the univeristy), 6+ years experinece in HR, Exc only so so, GMAT is 660.

Thanks and good luck

Hi Guys,

I am new to this post.
I have a face to face interivew scheduled with HKU on the 7th. Will let you guys know how it goes.
Anyone else also interviewing on that date?

Regards.

Hi Guys,

I am new to this post.
I have a face to face interivew scheduled with HKU on the 7th. Will let you guys know how it goes.

Regards.

Good luck to u amitra.. plz do share your experience.
Hi Vishnu,
May God give you your best school seat...
Would you please share your profile - GMAT, experience, educational background, EXC, etc.

Mine is: Masters in HRM/B.Com. (1st rank in the univeristy), 6+ years experinece in HR, Exc only so so, GMAT is 660.

Thanks and good luck

Thks makl..

Gmat - 670.
Toefl - 115

12th -97%
Exp - 3 yrs in supply chain / IT products.
ECA - pretty good.
Hi Guys,

I am new to this post.

Regards.

Hey amitra,
wish you great luck! Kindly share your experience once through with the interview...
ATB

Guys,

guess what happened yesterday.. Had my interview. :shock:

I was attending this MBA fair in Taj, Bangalore.. and i met the HKU guy... was asking him some general questions .. and brought up the topic of my reject.. I told him that i had applied and that i was rejected for the face to face interview ...
He told me - What?/ whats your name again? i was the one who rejected you...
you did not submit your gmat score... .... i told him my gmat score... and that i had submitted it long back....
oh.. may be i missed out... do you have your resume now.. yes.. do you have your gmat score report.. yes... so how about meeting up after the fair and we'l have the interview///:w00t:...... ok.... sure......

i had my interview at about 7 in the evening... about 20 minutes... the questions were usual.... and it went on pretty welll..... lets wait and see... my work ex is low.. he kept stressing on tat....

seems there is another round of interview for indians.....!!... screening process for indians is tough....

nyways.. hope for the best...
atb ppl.
vishnu

Wow thats pretty weird. But anyways, its much much better than the rejection mail that they sent you 😉 BTW what was the name of the guy who interviewed you?

anybody else with their interview experience?