Hi Puys!!!! Its that time of the year again... Application forms, CAT preps, last dates, intervie

Hi Puys!!! Its that time of the year again… Application forms, CAT preps, last dates, interviews and the list is endless… The official thread for aspirants for the 2011-13 batch is declared open. Please feel free to post any queries …

Hi Puys!!!!

Its that time of the year again... Application forms, CAT preps, last dates, interviews and the list is endless..

The official thread for aspirants for the 2011-13 batch is declared open. Please feel free to post any queries related to admissions and other discussions and we will be happy to help you out.

You can also visit the following links to experience what Praxis Business School is all about:

1. Praxis Business School (Praxis's official website)
2. Kollaborative Klassroom - Praxis Business School, Kolkata, India (Kollaborative Klassroom-our own social network!)
3. http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/life-b...ss-school.html (Life@Praxis Business School)

Praxis wishes all the very best to all the MBA aspirants.

Cheers!

Important Dates

Sale of Form Begins online on September 20, 2010
Sale of Form at all IMS Centres begins on October 1, 2010
Last Date of receipt of completed application forms December 10, 2010
GD/ PI Shortlist by December/ January
GD/ PI Process starts by December/ January
Course Commences by July 2011

Hey Prahlad!,

Good to see you here on this forum.....! Just one little note - Can you, for the benefit of those interested, provide the criteria for one to be selected for a GD/PI process - approximate percentiles, weightage and the pattern of distributing the same among the percentile scores, profile, experience and so on....It shall help the viewers to understand their chances of fetching a call from Praxis and shall enrich discussions henceforth!

And hope you are doing great and gearing up for the all important placement season ahead!:biggrin:

Sure Budha, I would outline the short listing process:

Admission process at Praxis takes in to account the overall profile of the candidate. A candidate is first evaluated on the basis of his/her class X, class XII, graduation scores, extra and co curricular activities, other certification programs (CA, CS) and work experience. Each of these components have a weightage attached to them and may collectively contribute up to 30-35% weightage towards selection. Performance in written test such as CAT/ XAT/ GRE/ GMAT may have a weightage up to 20%. The rest depends on GD and PI performance.

For the GD PI short list, your cumulative score across the above mentioned parameters is considered. The interview round, however is the only elimination round, where in you may be rejected irrespective of your profile if found not suitable.

Praxis considers test scores of previous year exams: CAT 2008, 2009 and 2010; XAT 2009, 2010 and 2011; scores of GMAT/GRE taken after November 2008, are considered valid for selection.

The short listing being profile driven, there is no fixed cut off for being short listed for GD & PI. We have guys here with percentile range of 70% to 95% in CAT/XAT. We have a Rajan Kumar Singh (70 career, TCS 3+ yrs, 75 some percentile) or a Joyeeta Sarkar (60 career, CU, National No 3 Badminton) and a majority of freshers with 80 -85 percentiles.

Praxis encourages students from diverse backgrounds to apply. Some 1/4th the batch is Engineers and rest are from Life Sciences, Stat, Math, Commerce, Socio, Eco, BBA kind of backgrounds.

Hope this helps :)

Harish

Hi !! I have the following queries,

1. What is the cut-off for CAT score?
2. Do we need sectional score also ?
3. What is the placement scenario at Praxis?

@ Upalimishra,

1. Refer to my post above
2. No Sectionals
3. Check the college web site for details

Hi Upali,

1. Praxis does not have a single number cutoff. Short listing is profile based. your class X, XII, Grad scores, work ex, extra & Co Curriculars as well have weightage. Thus, at Praxis we have students with CAT/ XAT scores in the range of 70%ile to 95%iles. Any score more than 80-85%ile would be a safe score.

2. Praxis does not consider sectional cutoffs

3. Praxis had 44 of 47 students who opted for placements in 2009. All are placed and average sal was 4.19 lpa. In the next batch 36 of 40 opted for placements and all of them are also placed and at an average sal of 4.66. The placement season for 2011 has already started with 4 students being placed with ICICI and 2 with PwC. Deloitte will be declaring its results today. Companies like Mother Dairy, Philips, Time of Money, Berger are all lined up for recruiting from our campus.

For details you can log in to Praxis Business School or Kollaborative Klassroom - Praxis Business School, Kolkata, India or visit the Praxis Business School group on FB.

Hope this helps

Cheers

@ Upalimishra,

1. Refer to my post above
2. No Sectionals
3. Check the college web site for details

Hey Harish,

First of all congratulations on the completion of the B-School fest - Spardha....really missed being there

And feels good that the placement season has started with a bang with the likes of ICICI Bank, HP, PwC and Delloite having already visited campus and having made offers!! And there are pretty impressive companies lined up to!

But, can we like speculate on the probable cut-offs this year for freshers. I know for experienced people the profile does carry a lot of weight, but what can be a probable cut-off range for a fresher?

Asking this coz I keep getting similar queries from aspirants!

Cheers!
Hey Harish,

First of all congratulations on the completion of the B-School fest - Spardha....really missed being there

And feels good that the placement season has started with a bang with the likes of ICICI Bank, HP, PwC and Delloite having already visited campus and having made offers!! And there are pretty impressive companies lined up to!

But, can we like speculate on the probable cut-offs this year for freshers. I know for experienced people the profile does carry a lot of weight, but what can be a probable cut-off range for a fresher?

Asking this coz I keep getting similar queries from aspirants!

Cheers!

Hey
It would really have been fun have all our alumni for Spardha, hopefully we will be able to pull that off next year:biggrin:

Now coming to your query as you know our short listing is profile based even for freshers, an applicant's class 10th, 12th, Grad scores, work ex, extra & co curriculars all have weightage. In our batch the majority of the freshers are in the range of 80-85 percentile in CAT/XAT. Take me for example I got a 91 percentile in XAT, have a first class career and have cleared the first group of CA Inter. So if you have got a good profile with substantial extra & co curriculars activities then even if you get a 70 percentile then you still have a chance of being shortlisted. Overall 80-85 percentile will be a safe score. Hope this helps.

Btw I dont know if you have heard or not but Philips and HP DSAS have also visited our campus and made offers.

Cheers

Praxis Business School admission deadline has been extended to 22nd January 2011. Forms can either be downloaded from the college website or can be collected from any IMS centre.

Please don't forcibly whet up information about your school when aspirants are hardly taking interest. It's no different from advertising. I am sure you can form your mutual alumni-student admiration club in your own internal message boards. Hope the message is clear.

GD PI Short list announced

GD PI Short list of candidates who have chosen Kolkata as the centre have been declared. Candidates have been sent e mails intimating the same.

Results for other centres ( Pune, Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore, & Patna) would be announced soon.

GD PI Short list for Pune announced.
Date: 30th January
Venue: The Gordon House Hotels

I had my gd/pi on 2nd feb. when will the final list be announced?

maneeshsharma Says
I had my gd/pi on 2nd feb. when will the final list be announced?

The final list will be announced on 9th of February.

Praxis Results announced : Final List and Wait list released. Candidates need to check their e mail for details

Sir, I have received an offer letter. I needed some information regarding loan arrangements. And also I'd like to know whether the Admission fee of Rs 60,000 will be covered under the loan. Pls reply....

Dear Sankha,

Congratulations for making it to Praxis :cheerio:

Praxis has a tie up with HDFC and Credila for educational loans. I am mailing the details today to all the candidates.

Apart from these two, I suggest you also start the process at the bank where your parents/ family members have accounts. Because you already have accounts here, its usually easier to get approvals - documentation takes less time.

Feel free to write to us for any admission related query.

Regards,

Harish

my name is Virat. given cat in the year 2010
verbal:82.85%ile
logic&di;:27.88%ile
qunt:89.75%ile

i have done my schooling and college from kolkata under calcutta university
my score are
class 10 = 59%
class 12 = 63%
grad =59% thoughout 3 years
(accnts & finance honours)

i am a fresher. i worked in an international call center for 9 months and that also part time. so i dnt consider that as quiet a woirk experience.
i applied for sdmimd mysoore,itm navi mumbai,sies mumbai and ifmr chennai

as of now i have got a call from sdmimd and was not shortlisted for ifmr.
could any one please tell me about any good b school in kolkata to which i can apply now. please suggest me if you think it's good otherwise i can wait for one more year

thanks in advance
virat
7/3/11