Hi, does anyone have any info, opinion, view or gyan on University of MichiganAnn Arbor (Ross) l

Hi, does anyone have any info, opinion, view or gyan on University of MichiganAnn Arbor (Ross) looking forward to hearing from you Cheers!!!

Hi,

does anyone have any info, opinion, view or gyan on University of MichiganAnn Arbor (Ross)
looking forward to hearing from you

Cheers!!!

mate i don't know why you have started two thread for one query.......
http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/showthread.php?t=9215

now mods will do the needful
enjoy,
sumit

Ross School of Business is a very reputed institution and WSJ recently rated it no.1
Not that I give to much thought to various ratings but certainly any school rated no.1 cannot be a fly-by-night operator.
One concern which remains at Ross is its closer proximity with the Automobile market (Detroit) than Wall Street, which encourages many of its students to major in General Marketing, Strategy or Operations than Finance.

Chicago, Wharton, Columbia, Stern still are more popular than Ross for finance.

Having said that, Ross is a fantastic place to pursue MBA and there shouldn't be any hesitation in joining Ross if one doesn't enter HBS, Wharton, GSB and the likes.

Hi,

does anyone have any info, opinion, view or gyan on University of MichiganAnn Arbor (Ross)
looking forward to hearing from you

Cheers!!!
mate i don't know why you have started two thread for one query.......
http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/showthread.php?t=9215

now mods will do the needful
enjoy,
sumit

Sorry dude... it was unintentional. I guess i must have cliked on the submit button twice and on not seeing the result page I must have cliked on the back button and submitted again!!!

If the admin is listening... please delete one of the threads where i haven't received a post...

cheers!!!
Ross School of Business is a very reputed institution and WSJ recently rated it no.1
Not that I give to much thought to various ratings but certainly any school rated no.1 cannot be a fly-by-night operator.
One concern which remains at Ross is its closer proximity with the Automobile market (Detroit) than Wall Street, which encourages many of its students to major in General Marketing, Strategy or Operations than Finance.

Chicago, Wharton, Columbia, Stern still are more popular than Ross for finance.

Having said that, Ross is a fantastic place to pursue MBA and there shouldn't be any hesitation in joining Ross if one doesn't enter HBS, Wharton, GSB and the likes.

Hey GSB007,

Thanks for the real quick excellent response. I am anyway looking to major in Marketing than in finance. Since you seem to know a lot about specializations and ranking, i assume, would you be able to throw some light on the top schools according to you for a marketing specialization?

Thanks again

Cheers!!!
I did not do much research into marketing since I will not be majoring in the field but yeah 2 universally recognized Marketing MBAs belong to Kelloggs and Stanford. After that it depends which industry sector you are targeting. Eg. if you are into automobile marketing go to Michigan, IT marketing- Stanford or Haas might be good. Though Kelloggs is the mecca for Mktg, all the Top schools in US are really gr8 places and Marketing from any wouldn't hurt.
Assuming that you are an Indian citizen and will be studying MBA on F1, please be aware that placements for international students majoring in Marketing is a concern in USA. In case you plan to work in America after majoring in Mktg. things might not be very comfortable. Play your cards well!!!
Hey GSB007,

Thanks for the real quick excellent response. I am anyway looking to major in Marketing than in finance. Since you seem to know a lot about specializations and ranking, i assume, would you be able to throw some light on the top schools according to you for a marketing specialization?

Thanks again

Cheers!!!

Assuming that you are an Indian citizen and will be studying MBA on F1, please be aware that placements for international students majoring in Marketing is a concern in USA. In case you plan to work in America after majoring in Mktg. things might not be very comfortable. Play your cards well!!!

OOPS!!! you hit the hammer on the nail.
After the kinda money I will be spending I definitely don't expect to come back after completion of the course until I have recovered all my money and a bit more 😉 ...

placements for international students majoring in Marketing has been my area of concern since some time now.
Is it a problem even if I have majored from a top school?
What do you suggest, should I look at top universities outside the US, though wouldn't prefer?

I want to major in marketing and take on career in IT marketing. I could also look at majoring in IT (Systems) but the only problem is that I might have to compete with Engineers there and I am not an engineer. Yeh I have done a lot of programming and have a fairly good knowledge about computers and computer systems, but my area of interest in marketing and if I cannot get a job in the US on completion of my marketing major I definitely would not want to go there...

Any comments are welcome

Cheers!!!

Well the process might be comparatively less harder in top US schools than elsewhere but generally there is a school of thought which proclaims the huge odds intl. students are up against when using MBA-Mktg. to fetch jobs.

I personally believe it should be easier in INSEAD and LBS, though u might check this elsewhere since I was never interested in Mktg. post-MBA.

For settling in an IT firm it is best to stay close to Silicon Valley and schools like Stanford, Haas stand-out in that region. Once you enter MBA, the recruiters would value prior experience since you aint a career-switcher. Then it is upto you to convince them that despite not being an engineer you have acquired all the necessary skills through sheer hard-work and blah blah blah...

I'll offer a suggestion- shortlist your schools and access the intl. students there esp.those majoring in Mktg. They will be the best souls to guide you.

OOPS!!! you hit the hammer on the nail.
After the kinda money I will be spending I definitely don't expect to come back after completion of the course until I have recovered all my money and a bit more 😉 ...

placements for international students majoring in Marketing has been my area of concern since some time now.
Is it a problem even if I have majored from a top school?
What do you suggest, should I look at top universities outside the US, though wouldn't prefer?

I want to major in marketing and take on career in IT marketing. I could also look at majoring in IT (Systems) but the only problem is that I might have to compete with Engineers there and I am not an engineer. Yeh I have done a lot of programming and have a fairly good knowledge about computers and computer systems, but my area of interest in marketing and if I cannot get a job in the US on completion of my marketing major I definitely would not want to go there...

Any comments are welcome

Cheers!!!

I'll offer a suggestion- shortlist your schools and access the intl. students there esp.those majoring in Mktg. They will be the best souls to guide you.

I have tried finding contacts of alumni but the alumni network on the university homepages are just for the alumni not for prospective students. Is there any other way I can get specific people I can email?

Cheers!!!

Go to Columbia's and Chicago's homepage. U might find ask-a-student links there.

Shoot an e-mail to these students.

I have tried finding contacts of alumni but the alumni network on the university homepages are just for the alumni not for prospective students. Is there any other way I can get specific people I can email?

Cheers!!!