Hi All and Evalueserve

hi all, luckyly i have found this web site, now i fell happy to see pagalguy and you! there is alot to do here! I am Yener from istanbul, hi to all! I have a question about evalueserve! I have taken a job offer from them for 1 one year a…

hi all,

luckyly i have found this web site, now i fell happy to see pagalguy and you! there is alot to do here! I am Yener from istanbul, hi to all!

I have a question about evalueserve! I have taken a job offer from them for 1 one year as a business analyst! but i have some doubts about the life in Gurgaon and the work culture in India! could you please let me know something about these topics?

thanks alot!

yener

hi all,

luckyly i have found this web site, now i fell happy to see pagalguy and you! there is alot to do here! I am Yener from istanbul, hi to all!

I have a question about evalueserve! I have taken a job offer from them for 1 one year as a business analyst! but i have some doubts about the life in Gurgaon and the work culture in India! could you please let me know something about these topics?

thanks alot!

yener

Hi Yener,

Welcome to India, Gurgaon and EVS ! It is a great honour to host you in India as our professional guest. Internet is creating a digital globalised world with one labour pool- from gurgaon to istanbul !

Coming to your main question, EVS is a great professional firm. There are lot of europeans and americans working in EVS along with beautiful indian girls and boys. Work culture and ethics are strong here and they follow 'Grow your people model'- The toughest training model in the industry which requires huge expenses on training. You will be working on multiple projects. I think it is a 10 hour shift with 1 hour break for food.

Gurgaon is the happening town. You can shop in world class shopping malls and shake your leg in european style pubs. Night life is amazing in gurgaon with youngster normally seen in discos/pubs/bars till wee hours of morning. It is safe, nothing to worry about. Only issue is heat. The temperature goes up to 40-45 degree C in May/June.

I stay in Delhi and have couple of friends working in EVS Investment research and BR department. Any other questions, do write here.

What a nice welcome! Thanks alot Babu!

Nice to hear this kind of things about Gurgaon and EVS!
Evs is new company with its 7 year past as I see! How popular is Evs in the eye of new graduates in India? In another point is Evs one of top company the students would like to be in your country? I asked that because currently I am working in a good company in istanbul! That i would like to decide if it is an understandable choice for me?

Kindly thanks,

Yener

How popular is Evs in the eye of new graduates in India? In another point is Evs one of top company the students would like to be in your country? I asked that because currently I am working in a good company in istanbul! That i would like to decide if it is an understandable choice for me?

Welcome once Again Friend on behalf of PG community.

Well, as far as the matter of choice is concerned, EVS is one of the top choice in Delhi University Colleges (India's top varsity).

However for the premier Engineering College Graduates like Grads from IITs (India's top engineering Colleges), it is not the top choice primarily due to a relatively lower pay package.

All said and done, top choice is a subjective thing and depends on the kind of profile a person is looking at. So for a particular person it might not be a choice at all, while for other it might be a top choice even ahead of Google or else.

Since you have already been selected you might already be familiar with work profile. If that appears good to you, the small contention regarding the top choice should not hinder you from making a positive decision.

What a nice welcome! Thanks alot Babu!

Nice to hear this kind of things about Gurgaon and EVS!
Evs is new company with its 7 year past as I see! How popular is Evs in the eye of new graduates in India? In another point is Evs one of top company the students would like to be in your country? I asked that because currently I am working in a good company in istanbul! That i would like to decide if it is an understandable choice for me?

Kindly thanks,

Yener

Subodh opinions matches my opions too. I will like to add one more thing: EVS is world leader in KPO industry. KPO Industry is a new industry started 7 years back. So, you need to decide the work experience as business research in EVS will be useful for you or not back home. KPO industry is growing very fast here in India, i am not sure whats the scene there in istanbul.
Welcome once Again Friend on behalf of PG community.

Well, as far as the matter of choice is concerned, EVS is one of the top choice in Delhi University Colleges (India's top varsity).

However for the premier Engineering College Graduates like Grads from IITs (India's top engineering Colleges), it is not the top choice primarily due to a relatively lower pay package.

All said and done, top choice is a subjective thing and depends on the kind of profile a person is looking at. So for a particular person it might not be a choice at all, while for other it might be a top choice even ahead of Google or else.

Since you have already been selected you might already be familiar with work profile. If that appears good to you, the small contention regarding the top choice should not hinder you from making a positive decision.

Thanks again:)

Actually I do not have any opinion about life standards of India or Gurgaon!
What does the "lower pay package" mean in there:)? I know that s something subjective, but might be an amount of money above the standards?
could you tell me more about that?

Thanks alot!

Regards,
Yener AKI
Thanks again:)

Actually I do not have any opinion about life standards of India or Gurgaon!
What does the "lower pay package" mean in there:)? I know that s something subjective, but might be an amount of money above the standards?
could you tell me more about that?

Thanks alot!

Regards,
Yener AKI

Hi Yener,

I think U need some numbers to make a decision.

So let me get straight to the point.

The campus hires at Evalueserve are given Rs. 450,000 per annum for the position about Business Analyst. If u r getting Rs. k per annum then figure out urself where u stand.

Now that means around Rs. 30,000 per month after deducting taxes. Now a 2 Room Flat costs around Rs. 12,000 in Gurgaon.

Other expenses might include Dinner - Rs. 200 per day or Rs. 6000 per month. Beer - 2 bottles per week = Rs. 1000 per month. Misc. - Rs. 200 per day = Rs. 6000 per month.

Comes out to be a total of Rs. 25,000 per month. That leaves you with Rs. 5000 per month.

Besides if you can find someone and share a flat with him, you will be able to save Rs. 11,000 per month.

Now Fixed expenses:

An AC is a must in summers: Rs. 20,000

Refrigerator: Rs. 7,000

Other furnishings: Rs. 13,000

Total = Rs. 40,000
Hi Yener,

I think U need some numbers to make a decision.

So let me get straight to the point.

The campus hires at Evalueserve are given Rs. 450,000 per annum for the position about Business Analyst. If u r getting Rs. k per annum then figure out urself where u stand.

Now that means around Rs. 30,000 per month after deducting taxes. Now a 2 Room Flat costs around Rs. 12,000 in Gurgaon.

Other expenses might include Dinner - Rs. 200 per day or Rs. 6000 per month. Beer - 2 bottles per week = Rs. 1000 per month. Misc. - Rs. 200 per day = Rs. 6000 per month.

Comes out to be a total of Rs. 25,000 per month. That leaves you with Rs. 5000 per month.

Besides if you can find someone and share a flat with him, you will be able to save Rs. 11,000 per month.

Now Fixed expenses:

An AC is a must in summers: Rs. 20,000

Refrigerator: Rs. 7,000

Other furnishings: Rs. 13,000

Total = Rs. 40,000

Hi Suboh_itt,

Very valuable information you shared with me thanks alot!
I got almost same offer! but somehow different; less money free accomondation!
Actually that means I wont make money, anyway! who cares:) But according to performance that i can earn more! is it possible to make a good money by performing well? Can you give some examples?

about work culture is it possible to work in different centers over the world? Does Evs have a flexible culture?

that I will make a tough decision, therefore i have many questions:))

thanks alot!

Note: Can I travel the North side and Nepal with this amount of saving in month?

Kind Regards,
Yeneraki

I got almost same offer! but somehow different; less money free accomondation!

So basically it is better for you as you will save Rs. 40,000 in fixed expenses and besides Rs. 12,000 in rent. So, in case your final offer is such that ur monthly take home is less by Rs. 5,000 u can still have about Rs.10,000 left at the end of the month.

But according to performance that i can earn more! is it possible to make a good money by performing well? Can you give some examples?

There won't be an appreciable difference between top performers and average performers. So, if u r among the top performers, probably u will get a better raise but the bonus is within the vicinity of Rs. 10,000 so not much good.

about work culture is it possible to work in different centers over the world? Does Evs have a flexible culture?

No, U will mainly work in India. Business Analysts do not get to work in different centers. However if they have hired u for exchanges with specific offices and clients u might get opportunities.

Note: Can I travel the North side and Nepal with this amount of saving in month?

You can definitely travel to North India like Dehradun and Massuri as the expenses will be between Rs. 2500-4000 for a 2-3 day trip.

However Nepal will be difficult to manage every month if u go by plane as the expenses can be Rs. 20,000-25,000 for a 2-3 day trip. With road you will have to plan a longer journey (5-6 days) and leaves cannot be availed every month. A road journey to Nepal will cost between Rs. 8,000-12,000.

thanks alot again!you indians are so helpful and kind! I should confess that i did nt expect this kind of hospitality!!!

at least i go towards finalizing my decision about that! Also it becomes interesting, i would like to meet with a new culture, indian geography and culture enthusiaze me!!!

I have a case interview on wednesday! the manager wll ask me a case and will decide which position I can do! doesnot make sense so I do think this is not a career opputunity! Do you have any idea what kind of case they carry out?As I have read Evs follows another recruiting process for Indians.

Katmandu and Nepal sound fantastic! I care about more life than the work:)))

Kind Regards,

Yeneraki

Sample Case:

You have to undertake a survey about the number of cars in Istanbul. How will you go about it.

You can be asked to provide two different ways..

Mainly they will be trying to decide whether to put you in Business Research division or IP division.

Thanks alot!
might be interesting to predict the numbers in istanbul:))

What is the average age in these deparment? I am at 25 years old, last year i graduated! Usually at what age do the university students graduate from university?

kind regards,
Yeneraki

The age of fresh grads is 21-24. So, ppl who join EVS after 1-2 years lie between 22-26 years of age.

Chill out. If u need, I can give you phone number (by PM) of one of my friend who is working over there..

hi yeneraki,

the average age at Evalueserve is arnd 24-25 yrs... thats almost about ur age...

university students graduate at the age of 21-22 yrs...

The age of fresh grads is 21-24. So, ppl who join EVS after 1-2 years lie between 22-26 years of age.

Chill out. If u need, I can give you phone number (by PM) of one of my friend who is working over there..

thanks alot! you are so kind! all you!:)
i ll have the case tomorrow! than BR or MRS will be offered as i suppose or not!
if i need to talk with your friend, i ll let you know!
thanks again

Yeneraki

hi,

seems not a bad decision for me!
what is a good pay package? maybe i can bargain with them for better one they offered!!!because i have very good pay package here with benefits:)
do you work guys?what kind of companies? i see many global companies do manufacturing in gurgaon!

best regards,
yener

They must have slabs for the Business Analyst post. So there might not be much leeway for bargaining. Still you can get it enhanced by some 10-20,000 as that is not a big deal..

absolutely i ll try:))
at least client company can afford! It might not be rude to bargain!at least in professional life!
kind regards,

yeneraki

Hi,

Made interview for BR department with a team leader!
multiple projects i will work in!
can i take tough responsibilities? %60 of my time i ll spend to collect data!
is it good or bad?

kind regards,
incredible india:)
yener