helpdesk for tiss - disaster management

hi friends, any queries regarding tiss - disaster management course, can be posted here. :: :: ::

hi friends, any queries regarding tiss - disaster management course, can be posted here.

WELCOME TO PG
before starting a new thread,first search if there's a similar existant thread

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/tiss-hrm-lr-2009-2011-25034300

continue here

mods close this thread

WELCOME TO PG
before starting a new thread,first search if there's a similar existant thread

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/tiss-hrm-lr-2009-2011-25034300

continue here

mods close this thread

dear friend, this thread is exclusively meant for information on disaster management course in tiss, not hrm & lr, or any other courses.
bohemia@jtcdm Says
dear friend, this thread is exclusively meant for information on disaster management course in tiss, not hrm & lr, or any other courses.

Hi,

Are you a student of DM in TISS ? If yes, gr8...

If not, do you know of any student who shall contribute in this thread, if yes..gr8 else I dont see the purpose of this thread..!!

Cheers
Varun
Hi,

Are you a student of DM in TISS ?

If not, do you know of any student who shall contribute in this thread, if yes..gr8 else I dont see the purpose of this thread..!!

Cheers
Varun

yup varun, this is rahul sethi, student of dm, 2008 - 2010 batch.

hi rahul

i am aspiring for DM course in TISS this year but i am not sure of the placements in this stream can you tell me how the placements are in DM.

akshat

how is the course ???

shivenetandon Says
how is the course ???

guess rahul aint here now....this is Varun frm HRM...

I shall answer ur queries after chatting up with my buddies in DM...:) 😃
guess rahul aint here now....this is Varun frm HRM...

I shall answer ur queries after chatting up with my buddies in DM...:) :)

Hi Varun,
Thanks for the initiative. I have got a call for DM. But I have no clue of what they may ask me in the GD/PI. Can you please find out from ur friends that how to prepare for the DM. If possible, please request some of the DM guys to participate here and share their experiences.

BTW can anybody here have any guess regarding the no of calls given for HR&LM; and DM. I expected a call from HR also but could not get through.

this thread shall be closed...plz move to either of the HRM threads....

wow what a post

Sir, i have got a call from TISS Disaster Management (secured 76.2/100). I want to know about:

1. The GD/PI topics that I should be focussing on for cracking the same
2. my chances to get into the stream as my academic profile in precise is:

a)topper in 12th std (commerce)
b)NCC cadet for 2 years secured 'A' cerficate for the same
c)have participated in various extempores
d)holder of NCFM mutual funds basic module certificate

3. selection criteria/percentage.
4. placement there incl avg package.
5. Lastly, your experience.

Kindly help me with the above mentioned queries as i have less time while the info availability on this stream is quite less.

thanks regards!

Sir, i have got a call from TISS Disaster Management (secured 76.2/100). I want to know about:

1. The GD/PI topics that I should be focussing on for cracking the same
2. my chances to get into the stream as my academic profile in precise is:

a)topper in 12th std (commerce)
b)NCC cadet for 2 years secured 'A' cerficate for the same
c)have participated in various extempores
d)holder of NCFM mutual funds basic module certificate

3. selection criteria/percentage.
4. placement there incl avg package.
5. Lastly, your experience.

Kindly help me with the above mentioned queries as i have less time while the info availability on this stream is quite less.

thanks regards!

Bringing this topic up to discuss DM.

Hi Shadab, great score there. Congrats on the call. Do let me know if you want to discuss DM here. I would be glad to.

nice for starting this thread...i dont see any reson why ppl are saying to close this thread.....:drinking::drinking:

I am thru to the interview...

can someone tell me how the placements are in DM

Consolidating all the DM related posts.

* Read up on what DM is all about. Most of the questions will surely be from there.
* Current background/DM relationship is a must.
* Why DM.
* Where do you see yourself in the DM arena after passing out?

EDIT: PEOPLE CURRENTLY CALLED FOR DM
akshat03, sharma_shruti87, blackdragon, srikanth., ank.285 and me.

Highlights of my posts in other threads

1) Brand new course started in 2007.
2) Most of the first batch guys had to fend for themselves. Hopes are up as there has been a placement cell setup this year.
3) Salary structure is far from the average MBA salary structure.
4) Most placements were in NGO's and Central/State Governments.
5) Final yr choices will take you into very different fields.
6) Your choice of specializations will decide whether you get you a job with a lot of field work or a plush UN kinda job.
7) Disaster Management is not a MBA
All batches have had people from very different areas of study. Very good balance in both verticals (experience) as well as horizontals (fields).
9) Current batch has a good amount of freshers.
10) Experience in other fields will help in the right placement company otherwise you're a fresher when you pass out.
11) International exposure you get @ TISS is good. Very well established connections with international universities.
12) Good for people who want to do a PDH in the future.
13) Off late some corporates are hiring Disaster Managers. Getting a job like this, say for a HR professional would be helpful for people looking for stable careers but no one knows the hiring trend here. So even I can't comment.
14) Expect rigorous field work between semesters.

DM Scene in India
Disaster Management scene in India is good. Although very very young.
DM act is in itself 5-6 years old. Many states have adopted the Act but are sitting on their hands and or are found very vulnerable when disasters occur.
TISS students have done excellent and extremely commendable field work in Bihar and Orissa.

Consolidating all the DM related posts.

* Read up on what DM is all about. Most of the questions will surely be from there.
* Current background/DM relationship is a must.
* Why DM.
* Where do you see yourself in the DM arena after passing out?

EDIT: PEOPLE CURRENTLY CALLED FOR DM
akshat03, sharma_shruti87, blackdragon, srikanth., ank.285 and me.

i am also for DM.......how many people get a call for DM......when is Pi date.......
have you any mail from tiss regarding PI
i am also for DM.......how many people get a call for DM......when is Pi date.......
have you any mail from tiss regarding PI

You will know the PI dates on the 7th of Feb. You might get a mail or it will be shown on the website.

Hi DM Aspirants.........

Really happy that somebody at least took an initiative to start this thread :cheerio: otherwise i have heard that many times in the past the threads related to dm has been closed due to low participation...
I just want to say that until or unless anybody doesn't try to take an initiative..the field like disaster management will not get a push,so i hope we all will make sure that there is enough participation on this thread so that it doesn't get closed like before :nono:...So lets gear up now and start giving our inputs and start and sharing important information and make this thread a success