Help

hello guyz, i am ankit. i did 10th in 2007 with 88.6%, 12th in 2009 securing 84.2% and b.tech mechanical engineering from not a good college with 68.3% in aggregate. last year i wrote cat and got 78%ile with 88 in qa di & mere 59 in va lr. dis y…

hello guyz,
i am ankit. i did 10th in 2007 with 88.6%, 12th in 2009 securing 84.2% and b.tech mechanical engineering from not a good college with 68.3% in aggregate. last year i wrote cat and got 78%ile with 88 in qa di & mere 59 in va lr. dis year i was planning to write cat again but a friend of mine who was from iit roorkee told me that even if i score 99.5+ in cat i won't get any call form iim's and if i do get calls i wont be able to get admissions into any of the iims... is it so???

please help me m i just wasting time dreaming of cat or should i continue preparing for it.
need ur help. i have achievements during the school time only.please let me know asap so that i can decide wot to do either to carry on my preparation or to leave it right now. please guide me.