Help Please! - A little insight :)

Hi, I had a few queries that i was hoping some of you guys could help with.First off here is a little back ground.I want to apply for my MBA next year. Education : Bachelors in business administration and information technology GMAT Sc…

Hi,

I had a few queries that i was hoping some of you guys could help with.First off here is a little back ground.I want to apply for my MBA next year.

Education : Bachelors in business administration and information technology
GMAT Score: 720
Work Exp: 3 years ( by next year when i intend to apply)
Extra-curricular: Used to teach computers and English to slum children on Sundays during my college days and also took general literacy classes.Summer work for a U.N program.Also was selected to represent India for my volunteering work.

So here go my questions:

1.Would my age be a problem when i apply to college?
2.I currently work in a sales role for a manufacturing services and manufacturing IT firm.I was wondering if i would be clubbed ,profile wise, with all the other candidates from the IT sector that apply to colleges in the U.S ?I have never been a developer.
3.My academics have always been an A grade with distinction all through t my academic life.But according to the conversion formula(We had %'S) that was provided by a friend my GPA seems really low.My doubt is weather the college takes into consideration the varying levels of grading in different colleges or would i be at a disadvantage?Also could you please provide me with a formula to convert %'S into a GPA?

I really want to apply next year.Looking at some of the colleges and going through their curriculum(been researching for over a year) i feel that i would gain massively from attending their programs.I frankly find the structure of some of the programs and the peer interaction that i would be exposed to extremely exciting!

Any inputs to the above queries would be extremely helpful and greatly appreciated :)

Cheers!

Hi,

I had a few queries that i was hoping some of you guys could help with.First off here is a little back ground.I want to apply for my MBA next year.

Education : Bachelors in business administration and information technology
GMAT Score: 720
Work Exp: 3 years ( by next year when i intend to apply)
Extra-curricular: Used to teach computers and English to slum children on Sundays during my college days and also took general literacy classes.Summer work for a U.N program.Also was selected to represent India for my volunteering work.

So here go my questions:

1.Would my age be a problem when i apply to college?
2.I currently work in a sales role for a manufacturing services and manufacturing IT firm.I was wondering if i would be clubbed ,profile wise, with all the other candidates from the IT sector that apply to colleges in the U.S ?I have never been a developer.
3.My academics have always been an A grade with distinction all through t my academic life.But according to the conversion formula(We had %'S) that was provided by a friend my GPA seems really low.My doubt is weather the college takes into consideration the varying levels of grading in different colleges or would i be at a disadvantage?Also could you please provide me with a formula to convert %'S into a GPA?

I really want to apply next year.Looking at some of the colleges and going through their curriculum(been researching for over a year) i feel that i would gain massively from attending their programs.I frankly find the structure of some of the programs and the peer interaction that i would be exposed to extremely exciting!

Any inputs to the above queries would be extremely helpful and greatly appreciated :)

Cheers!

If you don't mind, can you clarify which countries are you looking at and more specifically which colleges are you looking at?
As for your profile, you have a decent work experience and the added social work will go a long way for you, more that your above average academics(Trust me, I have studied both in the US(Champlain College) and UK (University of Strathclyde) and both the places, social work is what made my profile stand out.) Academics brings me to the next point. Most of schools have a clear idea of international students and the grading pattern that the respective countries follow. So if you are above average here, your relative CGPA calculation would denote the same. For example the 4.0 GPA system, you need to get atleast 60% to pass in a module whereas in the indian system 60% is decent score. Get my point.
Hope this helps.
Regards

Hey Hi..

Thanks.I want to apply in the U.S only.I actually haven't narrowed down my list of colleges.I trying to figure out where it would be realistic to apply.Although MIT-Sloan is a college i would really love to study at because i have been working in the Tech-Products/Services industry and post my MBA i would like to continue working in the same industry.

I am actually trying to consult with some friends who are doing their MBA's abroad as to where they think i should apply.Any suggestions that you might have would also be helpful?

Hey Hi..

Thanks.I want to apply in the U.S only.I actually haven't narrowed down my list of colleges.I trying to figure out where it would be realistic to apply.Although MIT-Sloan is a college i would really love to study at because i have been working in the Tech-Products/Services industry and post my MBA i would like to continue working in the same industry.

I am actually trying to consult with some friends who are doing their MBA's abroad as to where they think i should apply.Any suggestions that you might have would also be helpful?