Help needed with info about AIT

Hi janta, Can any one share his/her views about Asia Institute of technology (AIT),thailand? As per the the rankings shown on the net it is above colleges like Nanyan and NUS from Singapore. Are any of u appling to this college? accoring to…

Hi janta,
Can any one share his/her views about Asia Institute of technology (AIT),thailand?
As per the the rankings shown on the net it is above colleges like Nanyan and NUS from Singapore.
Are any of u appling to this college? accoring to the info on its website we are not required to write essays for this.Can anyone confirm this?
And also if someone has some info about the placement and fees structure, please share with us.

Thanks and regards,
Sunny

Hi janta,
Can any one share his/her views about Asia Institute of technology (AIT),thailand?
As per the the rankings shown on the net it is above colleges like Nanyan and NUS from Singapore.
Are any of u appling to this college? accoring to the info on its website we are not required to write essays for this.Can anyone confirm this?
And also if someone has some info about the placement and fees structure, please share with us.

Thanks and regards,
Sunny

HI BUDDY CAN U PLZ GIMME THE LINK OF AIT SITE NUS N NANYAN .....

man i went to google and looked for the colleges...
http://www.fba.nus.edu.sg/
http://www.nbs.ntu.edu.sg/
http://www.som.ait.ac.th/
Incase u get more info about them please let me know ( info with regards to placements and fee structure)
Regards,
Sunny

Hi,

I would like to know is there any one in pagalguy comunity who could give some info about AIT, Thailand.

sorry for replying so late ppl.. but better late than never

AIT is a nice university , good campus and faculty.
but if u r worried about the placement thing then it is really in its initial stage, actually AIT has an image of socially responsible university and its main source of income is through grants from several countries, so most of the students here are on their country scholarship or university scholarship.

Now as 80% of the students already has the Jobs in their respective countries, AIT dont have a very well developed placement cell(i myself worked with career center of AIT). actually they can cash a lot on their quality, diversity and image but i should say they have not jumped in the blind race of Indian universities to market themselves (thou they are planning to jump soon). So they are pretty much similar to foreign universities, who do give you education but dont assist much on building ur career which is the main concern of students from India.

So i would suggest it will be good for you to MBA from thr if u will be able to get some scholarship from the school (based on your exp. and references ) and if u have a really good work ex. which u can en-cash later on after MBA.

But it will be a great opportunity to get Global, i believe no school in S. Asia has such a diverse cultural base. you will be in the class with more that 20 nationalities. would be studying with people with work ex. ranging from 2 yrs to 20 yrs. Many country wise competitions and games. So it is truly global university and most of the places u will see it as top ranked university, even higher than many of Indian reputed schools.

Gaurav

sorry for replying so late ppl.. but better late than never

AIT is a nice university , good campus and faculty.
but if u r worried about the placement thing then it is really in its initial stage, actually AIT has an image of socially responsible university and its main source of income is through grants from several countries, so most of the students here are on their country scholarship or university scholarship.

Now as 80% of the students already has the Jobs in their respective countries, AIT dont have a very well developed placement cell(i myself worked with career center of AIT). actually they can cash a lot on their quality, diversity and image but i should say they have not jumped in the blind race of Indian universities to market themselves (thou they are planning to jump soon). So they are pretty much similar to foreign universities, who do give you education but dont assist much on building ur career which is the main concern of students from India.

So i would suggest it will be good for you to MBA from thr if u will be able to get some scholarship from the school (based on your exp. and references ) and if u have a really good work ex. which u can en-cash later on after MBA.

But it will be a great opportunity to get Global, i believe no school in S. Asia has such a diverse cultural base. you will be in the class with more that 20 nationalities. would be studying with people with work ex. ranging from 2 yrs to 20 yrs. Many country wise competitions and games. So it is truly global university and most of the places u will see it as top ranked university, even higher than many of Indian reputed schools.

Gaurav

Hey Gaurav,

Thx for this great & useful piece of information... regarding AIT. which I was searching for.
I've got admissions in MBA in many European b-schools & in AIT as well (in Asia).. for the Aug'10 intake.. however I've deferred my admission to the next intake.. so that I get some ample of 1st hand information regarding it.

It seems that you are an Alumni/current student of AIT.
I would really appreciate if you could throw some more insight about these:
1. Placements (% students placed & on-campus recruitment statistics)
2. Firms coming on campus (specially Healthcare/Pharma/Biotech or Consulting)
3. Internships (Does the school manages it.. or is it the Student's Headache)
4. Exchange programs/schools (They have IIMs-A,B,C & XLRI as exchange schools.. besides many good Asian, EU & US schools.. so how practically is it possible to study there for a Sem?)
5. Their accredations (again confusing as they say that they are a MEMBER of AACSB & not accreditated..?).
6. How is the AIT-MBA degree regarded by the Indian Employers (Is it a WOW or Theek-Thaak-hai kinda Feel?)

Thx again for your patience & help rendered.

Cheers,
Saurabh.
Hey Gaurav,

Thx for this great & useful piece of information... regarding AIT. which I was searching for.
I've got admissions in MBA in many European b-schools & in AIT as well (in Asia).. for the Aug'10 intake.. however I've deferred my admission to the next intake.. so that I get some ample of 1st hand information regarding it.

It seems that you are an Alumni/current student of AIT.
I would really appreciate if you could throw some more insight about these:
1. Placements (% students placed & on-campus recruitment statistics)
2. Firms coming on campus (specially Healthcare/Pharma/Biotech or Consulting)
3. Internships (Does the school manages it.. or is it the Student's Headache)
4. Exchange programs/schools (They have IIMs-A,B,C & XLRI as exchange schools.. besides many good Asian, EU & US schools.. so how practically is it possible to study there for a Sem?)
5. Their accredations (again confusing as they say that they are a MEMBER of AACSB & not accreditated..?).
6. How is the AIT-MBA degree regarded by the Indian Employers (Is it a WOW or Theek-Thaak-hai kinda Feel?)

Thx again for your patience & help rendered.

Cheers,
Saurabh.

hello Saurabh

let me answer you one by one

1. As I told you there is no campusing kind of thing as like most of international institutes. So thr is no statistics for it. they do have Job fairs, I myself was one of the organizer but those are very "Thai".
2. firms come on campus are again mostly Thai in Job fairs, thou School of Management is trying to work out there special placement cell, but it is not very certain yet. The main problem in companies to come is no one else expect Indians wants the Job. so as i told before the people really want the Job are not many. However the number of Indians going to AIT is been increasing very fast. And hence AIT is working on a Big plan to market itself in India.
3. Student's Headache but most of the people manages it well
4. it has exchange program with lot of reputed institutes in Asia and Europe. in India it includes IIM A,B,C, XLRI, MDI and some more. in Europe they have a very active exchange ESCP, EBS, and many more.and Dual-degree prog with ESCP france. this Dual-degree thing is little special, it is after completing 3 semesters in AIT, you can apply for dual-degree in ESCP, were after doing required courses for 1 yr, you will get two degrees of MBA one from AIT and one from ESCP.
5. i m not very sure about the accreditations.
6. India employers dont know abt AIT much, so it just cant be WOW!! .. but yes it is like Theek hai

I tried to answer things in detail but still something u need to know do post it here

Gaurav

Guys check these links.

Search PaGaLGuY | PaGaLGuY.com - Indias biggest website for MBA in India, International MBA, CAT, XAT, SNAP, MAT

Hey Gaurav,

I have got an admit to MBA Program for August 2011 intake..Have few queries so thought of contacting you :)

1.Is it easy to get a job back in India after completing MBA at AIT.How many students got placed here(India) in your batch and what is the avg package.

2.What is the avg age of students in your batch.

3.I have 3 yrs exp in IT.Do you think its a good option for me to do MBA at AIT.

Waiting for your reply.....Thnx ..

Hey Gaurav,

I have got an admit to MBA Program for August 2011 intake..Have few queries so thought of contacting you :)

1.Is it easy to get a job back in India after completing MBA at AIT.How many students got placed here(India) in your batch and what is the avg package.

2.What is the avg age of students in your batch.

3.I have 3 yrs exp in IT.Do you think its a good option for me to do MBA at AIT.

Waiting for your reply.....Thnx ..

Do we have anyone from AIT who can address our queries.

Do we have someone from AIT who can address our queries.

i m sorry for the delay in posting the message. Actually speaking about the college AIT-SOM, i was on the other side of the discussion board asking questions about the school as i was making heavy investment in studying here. I decided to take a plunge and here i am giving my opinion about the college.
The college is certainly good. the academic rigor is not as much as in india, though 1st year is hectic. The faculty here are very good, each one being PHD from stanfords and MIT's of the world.
Coming to the query that Indian students have first on their mind "Placements". Honestly the placement track record here is ....hold your breath........."0%" ....well not exactly...... but the college does not go out of its way to place u or anything. You have to constantly be in touch with the career center and network with all the big shots who come for guest lectures here. But the exposure that you get here and the opportunities that you get here are out of the world, not even the so called prestigious IIM's in india come close to giving so many different opportunities.
In my opinion it depends on you as to how much you make of the opportunities that come your way here. You get to know tht u have lot more options in life than getting placed on 'day zero'. Sorry if i m being rude, But if u r still thinking about placements and average packages then u dont deserve this college. But if u had to ask me, i would say go for AIT if u get a chance and make sure u apply well in advance so tht ur chances for getting scholarships are high. Any further queries are welcome. Please do not ask any further queries about placements or average packages, this is a college not a placement agency 😛 :P. shoot ur queries...

AIT is an international organization/institution, classes are held in English, well its not a university.Agreed do not come here for placements.For non thai students, u have to go back and find jobs in ur home country, AIT does not make any false promises. Lucky enough if u can find a job in Thailand as a non thai.However as far as quality of education, the MBA school has lost it charm, too many professors left, part of the problem lies with the management of the entire institute itself.The school has to reinvent its brand in Europe as well as in Asia. Academically the quality of education is average, course material has to be updated, very less faculty not expected in B schools and not experienced much.The school is well know in Thailand but other Thai universities have surpassed it.Exchange program is a good option here.You donot have to submit GMAT scores but if u have u can.Personally I would not recommend this institute unless and until u donot have an option to join another well recognized institute, current situation is really not healthy. All depends on the management how to bring back the old glorious days.