Help needed from PG-GMAT gurus

Hi All, I have been preparing for GMAT since April and now i have finished OG11, OG-Verbal-10th-ED, Princeton-course, Kaplan 2006 edition. i have taken up Princeton’s GMAT-CAT 3 times and my latest score is 520 (verbal-28 Maths-36)My lat…

Hi All,

I have been preparing for GMAT since April and now i have finished OG11, OG-Verbal-10th-ED, Princeton-course, Kaplan 2006 edition.

i have taken up Princeton's GMAT-CAT 3 times and my latest score is 520 (verbal-28 Maths-36)My latest KAPLAN score is 510(verbal-26, maths-37)

I am in a fix from where/wht to study more(books online etc etc) in order to improve my score and where to take up more CATs.

few of my frds suggested me tht i shud go through the OG once more ...is it helpfull ??

If I want to take up GMAT in the september last week... wht schedule do i have to stick to inorder to score @least a 700+ (from current-510)!!

CAN I MAKE IT !!!

Help needed from PG GMAT gurus !!

Regards,
Score_786

Hi All,
I have been preparing for GMAT since April and now i have finished OG11, OG-Verbal-10th-ED, Princeton-course, Kaplan 2006 edition.
i have taken up Princeton's GMAT-CAT 3 times and my latest score is 520 (verbal-28 Maths-36)My latest KAPLAN score is 510(verbal-26, maths-37)
I am in a fix from where/wht to study more(books online etc etc) in order to improve my score and where to take up more CATs.
few of my frds suggested me tht i shud go through the OG once more ...is it helpfull ??
If I want to take up GMAT in the september last week... wht schedule do i have to stick to inorder to score @least a 700+ (from current-510)!!
CAN I MAKE IT !!!
Help needed from PG GMAT gurus !!
Regards,
Score_786

You're kidding right? AFTER having done all that material you still getting low scores?Something wrong somewhere. Rather than wasting your time trying to take more tests,I suggest you do a SWOT analysis of the GMAT topics and work on those.
Verbal seems to be a weak area you might want to start from there.
You're kidding right? AFTER having done all that material you still getting low scores?Something wrong somewhere. Rather than wasting your time trying to take more tests,I suggest you do a SWOT analysis of the GMAT topics and work on those.
Verbal seems to be a weak area you might want to start from there.

Hi Neo,

thx a lot for responding ... the problem with me is that im also working and im not sticking much to my study schedule...

It may also be that my study plan is not as much efficient!!(one mistake i know is i studied part by part.. like sentence correction 1 wk .. CR ither week .. n so on) .. please let me know whts the best plan can i put fwd to achieve a higher score !!

whts SWOT analysis??

regards,
Score_786

Try reading this article
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/xl-ppl-also-asked-me-for-a-list-25002488

As for erratic schedule, dude(or dudette as the case may be) you should be able to find the motivation to study 1 hour a day. Come on!! This is important!! It's going to help determine which college you are goin to have a shot at! You cant risk that by making lame-ass excuses.

As for studying in parts, I remember reading a lot of people doing that. However the way they did that was diff.
Say you did 20Qs in PS today.
Tomorrow you do 20 in PS and 20 in CR
Day after you do 20PS,20CR and 20DS

That way you build on the weak areas and progressively spend more time studying as the test date approaches.
Read around in the GMAT forum. there are a whole lot of ppl who've posted their strategies. Read those and find one that suits you best.

Neo,
Thx again for the link and more valuable info u provided!!

I feel i have to start again from the begining and have a detailed look on whr i am going wrong.. also i will have a look into how to improve and increase my per-day/per-week studies

After having said tht i better stop and start NOW!!!

Thx again
Score_786

Hi Neo,
thx a lot for responding ... the problem with me is that im also working and im not sticking much to my study schedule...

As neo had mentioned - there has to be motivation. there is no short cut to GMAT. The only way is to slog. I accept that there are ppl (even in PG) who have cracked the test with jus 2 weeks of prep. but for the lesser mortals like me, 2 months of sloggin is a necessity

It may also be that my study plan is not as much efficient!!(one mistake i know is i studied part by part.. like sentence correction 1 wk .. CR ither week .. n so on) .. please let me know whts the best plan can i put fwd to achieve a higher score !!

there is nothing wrong with ur method of study as such i.e. prepping for one section a week is not wrong. I followed the same methodology. I dint even try to revisit the other sections in the next few weeks ie. i wud study PS in week1, Ds in week2 and so on. But the bigger question is whether the method suits u. You shud be seeing whether u remember the formulas u studied in week 1 when u r in week 2/3/4.

This can be easily gauged from ur test results. if u r only facing concentration lapses or miscalculations or silly mistakes - u r okay. but if u forget the math formulas or the verbal rules when u take a test in week3 - u shud be trying to do a diff method. something where u refresh almost every section every week and do some progressive movement.

there are a 1000 diff ways to crack GMAT. One should know his/her strengths and devise a plan that would help the individual to improve. Self introspection is a must 😃

i would suggest to revisit OG 11 especially verbal part...

HTH
arun

i would suggest to revisit OG 11 especially verbal part...

HTH
arun

Thx iDay , Arun,

I started with OG11 again.. and hope to intensify my studies and fill the loopholes !!

Regards,
Score_786