Help in Sentence Correction

hello i am preparing for gmat for month of march and doing very badly in sentence correction . Can any one help me please ?Any ideas any suggestions please :: Thanks Shilpi

hello
i am preparing for gmat for month of march and doing very badly in sentence correction .
Can any one help me please ?Any ideas any suggestions please

Thanks
Shilpi

Read wren and martin and focus moer on verbs.

hey mate firstly what u need to do is get ur tenses and the verb forms right.Then what u need to do is make a list of all the common errors found in english for eg: when u say Join together it is wrong as this kind of error is where two words having the same meaning are juxtaposed.Anyways what i suggest is that if u studyin from the barrons then throw it way and buy Cliff's for Gmat and if u still have a problem with the errors then Refer to Cliffs toefl prep where there is a chapter on errors and how to spot them.Best of luck

sentencecorrection.com is a good place to improve SC.

i found the book from princeton very good for SC. you could have a look thru it......it has pretty good tricks to help you eliminate 2-3 alternatives........but my suggestion is that refer this book strictly for verbal and awa, not for quant

I was also very bad in SC. The best thing for that is to go thru the OG thoroughly. I don't think you really need to waste your time going thru grammar books as they won't be of much help for the GMAT SC.

the_czar Says
i found the book from princeton very good for SC. you could have a look thru it......it has pretty good tricks to help you eliminate 2-3 alternatives........but my suggestion is that refer this book strictly for verbal and awa, not for quant

From where did u get the Princeton Book and how much did it cost..
Trying to find verbal workout but :huh:

you can get "Princeton Verbal Workout" and loads of free stuff from www.scoretop.com

hey i have the princeton review for gmat and its almost finished but I found it was not that useful is there any other book that can help out kaplan i guess is little expensive. is it worth buying or shud i first try out my hand at OG for gmat

plzz help out

From where did u get the Princeton Book and how much did it cost..
Trying to find verbal workout but :huh:

i had borrowed it from a friend so not really aware of the price n stuff

if u need some practice stuff then Gmat OG is really good.....also there is some thred in PG which has some prac prob which u can download n prac......thats gr8
hey i have the princeton review for gmat and its almost finished but I found it was not that useful is there any other book that can help out kaplan i guess is little expensive. is it worth buying or shud i first try out my hand at OG for gmat

plzz help out

try OG, its really gr8 for practice.........there is another book ARCO available too......but me not knowing how good it is......