HELP:::IMT Ghazbd v/s IIT Delhi

hello junta… i have taken admission into IMT ghzbd PGDBM and now i also have an offer from IIT delhi for the course Telecommunication Systems Management MBA Full time … now i am in a quandry… :: some facts about me: IT engineer( acc …

hello junta.... i have taken admission into IMT ghzbd PGDBM and now i also have an offer from IIT delhi for the course Telecommunication Systems Management MBA Full time ... now i am in a quandry...
some facts about me:
IT engineer( acc to the degree only...not acc to knowledge )... fresher
have paid up 1.2 lac at imt but that shud not be a prob cause IIT fees is about 1.9.. so ultimately it'll be cheaper

the major ques here is that whether mba at iit del would be a technical kinda mba or is it just a normal course on management....

also what kind of a job an iit grad wud land up with vis a vis IMT ... as u might have guessed i wud not prefer a tech job...

junta PLEASE HELP me decide on parameters like course content, placement and job profile....

pls help decide till 15 june........imt starts on 16

i forgot to add....the telecom course would be just like the normal mba at iit except for 3 subjects in finalyear

i feel being an engineer the IITD course wud benefit u more than the IMT one. Altho i dunno abt the other course...but if u had management Systems...no doubt abt the choice. IITD

i feel being an engineer the IITD course wud benefit u more than the IMT one. Altho i dunno abt the other course...but if u had management Systems...no doubt abt the choice. IITD

the difference between the two courses is 3 subjects in the second year...else everythin same...same classes....same placements...

Same answer dude , just reitaration , brand counts !! Except for loss of u r money !!!

IIT D without doubt!!
no second thoughts
much better
this year the salries offered at iitd were almost same as those offered at iims

If this is true.... then it's
IITD all the way...no doubt abt that.

I wonder of all the ppl who have replied to eddy's problem...how many actually have placement facts, figures, other details of IMT and IIT-delhi. Just passing comments like 'xyz' is better than 'abc' is not going to take eddy anywhere.

U should definetly go for iitd I have friend in both colleges both sau iit d better than imt.anyway the placement for telecom same as management systems so no sweat

catrac Says
U should definetly go for iitd I have friend in both colleges both sau iit d better than imt.anyway the placement for telecom same as management systems so no sweat

oh catrac, u seem to b so mad abt IITD. i've come here frm ur earlier post at 'IIT Delhi Calls out'.
and here u r answering a query which was made in the previous season (2004). hope, the decision under debate is already taken. however, i appreciate ur opinion, myself is having the same... IITD much above IMT.
try to note the dates in threads, ok. lemme add u this, IITD is a fine insti, but not the only one, ok. i'm sure u'll get admin to a top bschool. come on man, leave IITD...
dead yest, unborn tom, and y do u fret abt today??
cheers,
Rick.
catrac Says

thakns for the advice.... though a year late
i did finally join IIT D ..and am very very glad dat i made the correct decision
thank u....

actually had it been this year..i wud not have got the call my rank last yr was 750...bach gaye..
but even if u dont have a call this is not the end of the world....life always has a good option waiting ..... best of luck...