HEC vs RSM...pls help me with ur inputs

Hi Everyone, Got an admit from RSM rite now. Currently am faced with the decision problem between the HEC and RSM :: ??: . Some facts below *HEC, Paris *- Admit with a schol of 10k euros. have to confirm latest by 27th March with a conf…

Hi Everyone,

Got an admit from RSM rite now. Currently am faced with the decision problem between the HEC and RSM??: . Some facts below

HEC, Paris - Admit with a schol of 10k euros. have to confirm latest by 27th March with a confirmation payment of 4500 euros
RSM (Rotterdam School of Management), Rotterdam, Holland - Admit with no scholarship as of now. Still need to apply for scholarship. have to confirm latest by 15th April with a confirmation payment of 5500 euros
GMAT - 640
Work Ex - 2yrs and 8 months till date in a software firm. Working on Peoplesoft ERP
International Exposure of 1.5 yrs in Germany on a work assignment.
Know Basic level of German language.
Level of French currently - 0

Post MBA - would like to work in a consulting firm - preferably IT consulting otherwise am open to other options in Consulting. Wud not mind working in Europe or US if i get a job.

My biggest worry ??: - Job scene after MBA from either of the schools. So far as per what i have heard RSM has better placements. RSM is also in the list of schools for HSMP - Highly Skilled Migration Program for the UK. HEC currently is not on this list and is supposedly strong in France only. Whats more renowned internationally and has a better brand value?

Cud someone throw more light on the job scene for us Desis in Europe after an MBA from these schools? as in how difficult is it to get a job and work permit compared to a guy from EU?

waiting for some inputs/suggestions from everyone.

Thanks a lot. 😃

tc
ssg

Congrats on ur admits!!!....here are my two cents:

Both HEC and RSM are globally recognized......UR choice would depend on what u wanna work post MBA.....RSM is arguably more global and would fetch better opportunities.....I am not sure is HEC would aid you in consulting........RSM is good for people looking at Consulting as a career option...dunno about HEC....also the living expense in RSM would be

Congrats on ur admits!!!....here are my two cents:

Both HEC and RSM are globally recognized......UR choice would depend on what u wanna work post MBA.....RSM is arguably more global and would fetch better opportunities.....I am not sure is HEC would aid you in consulting........RSM is good for people looking at Consulting as a career option...dunno about HEC....also the living expense in RSM would be

I agree totally. Other facts to consider Paris is more expensive to live in compared to Rotterdam. Most people in the Netherlands are bilingual and you can get around without having to speak dutch. Unemployment rate in France is among the highest in Western Europe.

Hi Cabal and mba_desigirl

Thanks a lot for ur inputs....as per the info i have, HEC also has good consulting jobs but mainly in France...also the unemplyment rates r no doubt high in France...but thats the stats for the local French ppl....again this is the info i have received from others....

do u know anyone from RSM - current student or alumni? becos i have been able 2 get in touch with ppl from HEC...in fact i have joined a group for HEC admits also...but cudn't find any such group for RSM admits...though i have seen 2 ppl only with RSM admits...Rashi and Electromorpheus...

once again thx a lot....it is adding 2 the food for thought....and i need 2 think and gather more info on this subject....

tc
ssg

Hi Everyone,

Pls help me with ur inputs and suggestions and not 2 forget with ur votes...My time is running out as the deadline 2 confirm HEC is approaching fast...:(

Thanks a lot for ur inputs and ur time.

Regards,
ssg.

Hi ssg,
I have an RSM alumni contact. I dont think it is appropriate for me to post it here.
Why dont you send me a mail & I shall reply with his id to U.. :-)

All the Best dude..

Cheers,
Sanil

hey sanil,

thx a lot for the email id. will post my final decision on the thread. :-)

tc
ssg

one imp question 2 all...is learning the Dutch language a must 4 anyone planning 2 work in Holland as it is learning french in case of HEC and working in France? any idea????

tc
ssg

hi all,

Thanks a lot 2 all those who voted and shared their views and inputs...just saw the 2 more votes for HEC...but after a lot of deliberation (i guess thats the case with most of us) and some email exchanges with alumni/ current students at HEC and RSM, i have decided 2 take up RSM. So will b sending a regret letter 2 HEC. any suggestions/ideas/inputs for that?

tc
ssg

Hi SSG,

Congrats. U mind sharing Ur email id, pls send across to [email protected].

I wld like to clarify something and i have a contact from HEC, who cld of Ur help.

Vomc