HEC Paris Sept 2009 Admits

Dear All, Starting this thread just for all those who have been admitted to the Sept 09 program. We all could connect from here! Please mention your details here so that we can help each other with loans, understanding the procedure for the…

Dear All,
Starting this thread just for all those who have been admitted to the Sept 09 program. We all could connect from here!

Please mention your details here so that we can help each other with loans, understanding the procedure for the school, blah blah.

Hope this helps us all.

Warm Regards,
ASV.

Hi all,

It's good news on my side! I got admitted to the Sept 09 program..received the confirmation on 15th Jan 09....now it's time to sort out Scholarships and blah blah blah....

Any inputs and help will be greatly appreciated!

Warm Regards,
Sholanki

I got an admit too. My profile
Gmat:760,
B.E Engg, India
Master's in Trechnology Design NUS
3 years work exp at USA MNC
Worked in both USA and Singapore.

Post MBA: Consulting, Corporate Strategy

Looks like its quite difficult to get a loan for Paris.

Going to Alliance Francais to figure out more. Guys, what steps are u'll taking to learn French? It's quite a necessity.

Hi All,

I got an admit last week and am filling scholarship applications now. Does anyone have ile-de-france in their list ? I dont and I thought all indians were eligible for this.

Does anyone here know what scholarships indians have got this year? and how long does it take for HEC to declare scholarships ?

Unfortunately the schol scene looks dismal this year. Yet to find ANYONE who has a schol. And this includes Indian and international applicants.

I do believe loans are quite difficult this year. The cheapest way I could think of is to keep as much money as possible in India, take a bank guarantee and avail of loans in france. But still to validate the possibility. Really hoping for some scholarships.

When do you guys plan to pay the deposit in case you have already decided to accept.

Are u serious no one has got schols yet? I am heavily banking on some schols. Also, I've heard HEC is pretty liberal about giving schols to Indian students. Of what I know, in Jan 09 batch, many got schols between 6.000 and 12.000 Euros.

Atleast all the people I talked to did not got schol..:-(..Even I am one of them...

This may just be a matter of who we talk to. I do know for a fact from my friend who is at HEC that several Indian students for Jan 09 did not get schols. RRPandey, did you work outside of india for a long time ? I think this plays a role in whether you get schols or not.

Hi all,
my profile
indian, female
gmat 680
exp 4 yrs till sept.( financial research and fiamily business-general mngmt)
paid the deposit at HEC.
no shcols again...
looking into financing- the same thing loans from france..., no info on this yet
to join AFD soon- i think registration startng 27/28jan in delhi ,will take crash course of 2 semesters
meanwhile most likely to get final offer from Naynag business schol(singapore) anyone has any special input on nanyang?

btw someone created the yahoo group for the same, things being discussed there as well: HEC2009Sept

Which round did you apply to? And when did you pay the deposit ?

I know a current student at Nanyang. If you want to know more, please PM me.

May be.. I have been in US/Canada for around 3-4 years now..But even folks from India are not getting schols..

vivipedia Says
This may just be a matter of who we talk to. I do know for a fact from my friend who is at HEC that several Indian students for Jan 09 did not get schols. RRPandey, did you work outside of india for a long time ? I think this plays a role in whether you get schols or not.

Did you guys see the latest FT rankings ? quite a shock!! 😃

HEC has fallen to the 29th spot from the 18th... which is shocking... considering the school was aiming a top 10 position... whatssss happening???

neone having second thoughts!! 😃

Atleast I am still sticking to HEC. The reasons that compelled me there, are still valid.

The change in rankings was expected. With the downturn, ISB and Chinese/Asian schools were bound to get higher. However what is surprising is Spanish and British schools holding high, despite the doldrums of banking (US) and Spanish economy. But then the ranking probably consists of many factors

agreed, however this will impact the perception of the school for future aspirants. Let's hope its a blip in the line and not a permanent thing 😃