HEC Paris Sept. 13 MBA applicants

Hi All, There is no thread for HEC Paris applicants for Sept. 2013 session. So, I thought I’d get a new thread started for those who want to discuss the application process and hope to apply for the Seot. 13 intake. I have recently decid…

Hi All,

There is no thread for HEC Paris applicants for Sept. 2013 session. So, I thought I'd get a new thread started for those who want to discuss the application process and hope to apply for the Seot. 13 intake.

I have recently decided to apply and I am targeting second deadline closing on 12th Sept. 12.

Please post here or PM me.. if you are also applying..
Come on ppl lets get going!!!!
Thanks,
Clark Kent

It would be very kind of you to share your thoughts that made you apply to HEC. Ranking is known reason but definitely can not be the sole reason.

Hello all,

I am also planning to apply to HEC Sep-2013 in November after my GMAT. Have downloaded the essay questions for now, will work on them soon. A colleague of mine in office has done his MBA from there and talks very highly of the programme.

Cheers,

Ashutosh

My inclination for applying to HEC would be: International diversity, work experience of 7+ years, dual degree programmes and strong alumni.

H
@ashutoshpradhan said:

Hello all,

I am also planning to apply to HEC Sep-2013 in November after my GMAT. Have downloaded the essay questions for now, will work on them soon. A colleague of mine in office has done his MBA from there and talks very highly of the programme.

Cheers,

Thanks Ashutosh,

Will you please elaborate on different aspects that your colleagues talks very highly? How is the post study job opportunity for non French speaking and non EU students?

Thanks Ashutosh,

Will you please elaborate on different aspects that your colleagues talks very highly? How is the post study job opportunity for non French speaking and non EU students?

@WouldBeCrazy

The professors are truly world class, and so is the diversity and expereince of students. You can take as many electives as you want. Also, it has a great set of dual degree programs.

To live in France, you must know French coz life gets better then. You can get a job in France but learning French would definitely help you get a better job. French govt now allows grad students to stay and look for a job. Come on Woulebecrazy..its not that tough..

Adios!

Thank you.

By the way, have your colleague talked anything not so good about HEC?

@WouldBeCrazy None at all.
@ClarkKent Hi Clark. Have you submitted your application. I submitted my complete application on 10th September. Haven't received any reply yet. Any idea on when they are expected to reply.
@gurussn Hi. I have not applied yet. I will submit the application by the October deadline.

I dont know how much time they take to reply back.

All the Best.
@ClarkKent

Best of luck

count me in. eyeing the 13th nov deadline

@ashutoshpradhan Hello buddy can you introduce me to some alumnus from HEC, that would be very generous of you.
Can any of the alumni of HEC-Paris please share the following for Full Time MBA programme please? I am not interested in HEC-Montreal.

1. Placement outlook, overall and for Indian (non EU) pass-out
2. Average work experience of the class
3. How many % of the students are Indian
4. Is the Indian students are predominantly from IT background?
5. Placement assistance
6. Any internship

Thank you.
@ClarkKent Hi Clark........ as you mentioned you were targeting September 12th deadline for applying to HEC, did you hear from the college yet (the website mentions decision date to be mid October '12).. can you please please share your experience with us (essay and interview).
HEC Paris is what i am looking forward to and i am desperate
It would be a great help
Thank You much

Hi,

I have never applied for MBA outside India, but i wish to apply for HEC
In the HEC website, I find Multiple Deadlines for sep 2013 admissions, why are there so many deadlines?
can someone explain the same?
url : http://www.mba.hec.edu/How-to-apply/Application-Deadlines/(level2)/1522

Thanks in advance

@ @hangingminds As far as I know till last year they had rolling admission system. But it was difficult for them to manage the applications. So this year they have decided to go for multiple deadlines. You will get the reply from the admission team within ten days of submission of your application.

Hey guys,

You might also want to visit this forum and connect with others applying to HEC for September 2013 intake.

http://gmatclub.com/forum/hec-paris-january-september-2013-intake-calling-all-141121.html