HEC Full time MBA Sept 2012

Hi Everyone, Thought of starting this thread as im planning on starting the application process for HEC full time MBA (sept 2012 intake round 1) . The first deadline is Sept 9th 2011. Does anybody know the Essay topics ? I cant seem to find iā€¦

Hi Everyone,

Thought of starting this thread as im planning on starting the application process for HEC full time MBA (sept 2012 intake round 1) . The first deadline is Sept 9th 2011. Does anybody know the Essay topics ? I cant seem to find it on the website. i know the ones for 2010 -2011

Also here is my profile;

24, Female,
GMAT: 700
Work ex (till sep 2012 ) - 4 years
Current Designation: Senior Software engineer

Let me know if anyone else is planning to apply ...
Thanks,
Alert123

Hi Everyone,

Thought of starting this thread as im planning on starting the application process for HEC full time MBA (sept 2012 intake round 1) . The first deadline is Sept 9th 2011. Does anybody know the Essay topics ? I cant seem to find it on the website. i know the ones for 2010 -2011

Also here is my profile;

24, Female,
GMAT: 700
Work ex (till sep 2012 ) - 4 years
Current Designation: Senior Software engineer

Let me know if anyone else is planning to apply ...
Thanks,
Alert123

This is pretty basic stuff....Download the pdf application from HEC website which contains the essays and the entire application ....

deforestation šŸ˜›

I have already downloaded the application and started with writing the essays. The point of the thread was to get together prospective applicants and discuss essays, reco's , scholarships etc ...

For eg : How do you plan to answer these 2 questions:

1) How do you plan to finance your MBA ?
2) Are you applying to any other schools apart from HEC

Thanks ...

HEC Paris or Montreal?

HEC Paris ..

Hi,

Is this thread still active?

I am planning to apply in R1.. just starting my application.

M/30/GMAT 680

Hi

I am planning to apply in R1 too..

Indian/M/26/4yrs exp(till Sept 12)/B.E. '08/GMAT 710

P.S. - Do I need to present TOEFL or IELTS score ? I heard that Indians don't need to do so.

BR,
Quest123

HI GUys,

how did the application process go ? Since R1 is already up im guessing you guys must be already aware of the required docs etc ..

My application got selected for the interviews ! How about you guys ?
Interviews are in the next 2 weeks ... How about you guys ?

Any tips ?

Hi Alert123

Great news šŸ˜ƒ COngo and Wish u good luck for next part.
I have moved to Oct 18 deadline.

how did the application process go ? Since R1 is already up im guessing you guys must be already aware of the required docs etc .

What are the documents ???

Guys i had a one on one session with their admission manager (BD manager)... she looked at my profile

Work Ex: 4 years (two yrs pre grad as i was in a startup for 2 years with my cousin right after high school, suffice to say it bombed but the learning's were amazing)

GMAT: 760

GPA: 52% (I know it sucks),
secondry qulaificaiton: certification in planing and entreprenurship (which suckes even more) from ****: 73%

Founder of the blog: www.salvationink.com

vertical of sales and marketing.... post MBA looking to stay in the same function

she liked my profiles.... i dunno why... but she told me to strongly apply, will be applying in 2nd round...

any other B School u guys will suggest i should apply to???

i know i messes up intially with studies...but i am at a managerial position and generating revenue worth Rs 40 Crores for my company... (in terms of revenue from corporate sales)

Dream is to go to a great bschool (got suckered by the **** gimmic once... NEVER AGAIN)...

so please help guys and suggest be great bschools where my application will be considered šŸ˜ƒ

I am not an expert. But I feel your profile has an unique blend, entrepreneurial touch..
If you dont have location constraint look for Kellogg(Marketing), INSEAD, Yale SOM.

Good luck!

The required docs (apart from the application essays) are:

1) CV
2) College transcripts
3) Photo
4) Birth certificate (oh wait im not sure about this one)
5) 2 recos

And yes TOFEL will be waivered since you have done your high school and engineering in English !!! šŸ˜ƒ adv of being an indian ! so we save 12 k !!! šŸ˜

thanks dear...my biggest worries are my poor score in grad school (had i concentrated more on my graduation than the stupid I IPM course.. i could have avoided these difficulties

Venting vexation :)
Don't worry! go for the bigger shot now . ATB

Hello friends,

I have applied in R2 and no news so far. I called up the admissions office and I was told that the delay is because of large number of applications. I guess R2 applicants should be knowing the status latest by this weekend.(Considering that interviews are to be finished by Nov,30)

As for my profile, it is typical; Indian/IT/Male. Some more details:

gmat : 710 ( V-37, Q-49, AWA-4.5)
work exp: 5 years ( had some decent career progression)
acads: average
extra currics: average
community service: not much
Toefl: exempted (I guess it is the same case for majority of Indian applicants.)

Keeping fingers crossed..

By the way, did any of the R2 applicants receive communication on their application status ?

Such eerie silence.. does this mean that there are fewer applicants to HEC paris for sept 2012; or is there some other thread where discussions are going on?

I am an applicant to the HEC MBA for 2012 batch

Are we supposed to courier any documents to the HEC? or is everything required to be uploaded.

--Thanks

hello everyone here.. can anybody throw some light on repute of EDHEC France.. it is also one of the five Grande Ecoles of France.. I am planning to submit my app here....
any idea or info on it.. plz share....!!!!

thnx
rbenz