HEC(France) 2007 Interviews & Beyond

Hello All, I applied to HEC(France) last month and I have got their Interview call. :: I would like to hear from fellow applicants, if any body has got interview calls. People who have had interview experience with HEC,pl…

Hello All,

I applied to HEC(France) last month and I have got their Interview call.

I would like to hear from fellow applicants, if any body has got interview calls.

People who have had interview experience with HEC,please share some information.

There is a presentation of 10 mins to be made this year, is it new or its happened in the past also??

Cheers...

Hi .. Did you apply for Round 2 or Round 1 . I applied for Round 2 on Nov 3.

grajwad Says
Hi .. Did you apply for Round 2 or Round 1 . I applied for Round 2 on Nov 3.

Finally good to hear from people applying to HEC!
I applied for the Nov 3rd Deadline.
Have you heard from them?

I havn't got any respomse so far. My status says its under review. When is your interview?.Is it a telephonic or personal interview?

Hey guys,
I need some pointers into the financial aid situation at HEC Paris. I am thinking of applying to HEC by the December 8th deadline. I really liked the program and the recruitment details look great too. My only concern is the aid situation. Apart from the scholarship options, which seem to be good, the website lists a number of loan options, but all of them require a French co-signer or a guarantor from a bank in the home country. Which effectively means that they don't offer loans without co-signer. How are you guys planning to finance the HEC MBA? And what about the SBI loan that is listed on the HEC website? I tried to search for this info on the SBI website but they don't seem to have a HEC-specific loan as such, right?
Regards,
NAH

grajwad Says
I havn't got any respomse so far. My status says its under review. When is your interview?.Is it a telephonic or personal interview?

The interview date is not known yet. The interview will be held in one of the Indian cities (Mumbai or Delhi), face-2-face.

There are two rounds, one with each interviewer, comprising of 10 mins presentation in each of the rounds followed by 'interviews'! :wow:
Hey guys,
I need some pointers into the financial aid situation at HEC Paris. I am thinking of applying to HEC by the December 8th deadline. I really liked the program and the recruitment details look great too. My only concern is the aid situation. Apart from the scholarship options, which seem to be good, the website lists a number of loan options, but all of them require a French co-signer or a guarantor from a bank in the home country. Which effectively means that they don't offer loans without co-signer. How are you guys planning to finance the HEC MBA? And what about the SBI loan that is listed on the HEC website? I tried to search for this info on the SBI website but they don't seem to have a HEC-specific loan as such, right?
Regards,
NAH

Honestly speaking, I havn't thought about the loans.
I am taking one step at a time, first I am concentrating on getting an admission. Hence started my process little earlier.

But as you have said there are many scholarships available, and whatever little research I have done on HEC - I have found that nearly 70% of the students get some scholarship atleast.

I have also heard that we can get scholasrhips from French embassy which supports the entire tuition cost alongwith providing 700euros per month for living expenses.

All this information I gathered from a yahoo group of HEC2006.

So I suggest you become a member of that group and go through all their posts. It has loads of information.
The interview date is not known yet. The interview will be held in one of the Indian cities (Mumbai or Delhi), face-2-face.

There are two rounds, one with each interviewer, comprising of 10 mins presentation in each of the rounds followed by 'interviews'! :wow:

I am keeping my fingers crossed .

Sorry for the late reply guys.
I had applied for the Oct 13 deadline and had been asked to complete for the interview round before 10th Nov. I am done with both the interviews.
Nothing special about the interviews - both the interviewers asked routine questions - why MBA, why HEC, why france, post MBA plans etc etc.
I used the same presentation for the both interviews (there were some questions on the presentation as well).

Feel free to ask if you have any specific questions.

Best of Luck.

rahul

Hey guys,
I need some pointers into the financial aid situation at HEC Paris. My only concern is the aid situation. Apart from the scholarship options, which seem to be good, the website lists a number of loan options, but all of them require a French co-signer or a guarantor from a bank in the home country. Which effectively means that they don't offer loans without co-signer. How are you guys planning to finance the HEC MBA? And what about the SBI loan that is listed on the HEC website? I tried to search for this info on the SBI website but they don't seem to have a HEC-specific loan as such, right?
Regards,
NAH

The chances of getting a schol are good provided u have a good GMAT score (a frnd receieved grant of around 15K euros).

Financing the mba would be thru usual ways - personal savings +bank loan + HEC scholarship + other aid (if possible)
I havent checked SBI's website but I know a person who has taken loan from SBI. So the loan facility does exist.
Sorry for the late reply guys.
I had applied for the Oct 13 deadline and had been asked to complete for the interview round before 10th Nov. I am done with both the interviews.
Nothing special about the interviews - both the interviewers asked routine questions - why MBA, why HEC, why france, post MBA plans etc etc.
I used the same presentation for the both interviews (there were some questions on the presentation as well).

Feel free to ask if you have any specific questions.

Best of Luck.

rahul

Thanks rahul for your inputs.I got the interviewers' contact details today. My interviews will be in Bangalore.

Did you get any feedback from the interviewrs after interview? What was the topic you chose for presentation - preofessional or non-professional?
Also did you have provision of projectors or you had to hand out hardcopies?

Thanks buddy...

Hello All -

I too am a R1 (13-Oct) applicant for Sep2007 intake at HEC. I am done with both my interviews on 10th Nov at Los Angeles.

I was interviewed by 2 alumni who graduated from HEC in 1998. The interview was interesting and I enjoyed the discussion. The first interview was in an office space and the second in a cafe. From what I could get from the discussion, good command over French would definately be a neccessity rather than a choice. Also, placements is completely personal effort with some guidance and help from the school.

All the best to you guys for your interviews !!!!!

Thanks.

Did you get any feedback from the interviewrs after interview? What was the topic you chose for presentation - preofessional or non-professional?
Also did you have provision of projectors or you had to hand out hardcopies?
Thanks buddy...

I did not get any feeback after interviews.
The topic i chose was a professional one that related to my work and future plans.
I had taken a laptop for the presentation and also carried 2 hard copies of presentation. Used laptop for presentation so hardcopies were not required. I doubt if u will get projector for presentation.

All the best

Thanks a lot Rahul and Vips .This will really help us a lot

Hey jat_pagla...I too got the interview call last week . Sorry was out of town so could post it last week ...Still waiting for the interview details ...Did you hear anything?

Thanks a lot Rahul and Vips .This will really help us a lot

Hey jat_pagla...I too got the interview call last week . Sorry was out of town so could post it last week ...Still waiting for the interview details ...Did you hear anything?

Yep Rahul and Vips thanks for the info.

I have my interviews scheduled this week. I am struggling to get the interviewers since one is busy and the other is out of town !! But both of them have kindly agreed to conduct the interview this week.

So grajwad, did you get the interview details? Whats your profile?

I will update my interview experiene as soon as I have them...

All the best dude.
Yep Rahul and Vips thanks for the info.

I have my interviews scheduled this week. I am struggling to get the interviewers since one is busy and the other is out of town !! But both of them have kindly agreed to conduct the interview this week.

So grajwad, did you get the interview details? Whats your profile?

I will update my interview experiene as soon as I have them...

All the best dude.

Thats really quick man ...I thought they give 15 days to schedule interviews...I better prepare in advance ...Whats the location for the interview for you ....
I recieved the initial mail thursday night ....Havent heard from them since then ..
My profile :
GMAT : 700
Exp : IT 5yrs
Extra-Cur : Avg
Thats really quick man ...I thought they give 15 days to schedule interviews...I better prepare in advance ...Whats the location for the interview for you ....
I recieved the initial mail thursday night ....Havent heard from them since then ..
My profile :
GMAT : 700
Exp : IT 5yrs
Extra-Cur : Avg

This is amazing, my profile is an exact replica of yours'!

Are you in Bangalore?

Yep time is short. But they have mentioned Dec4th as the deadline for my interviews to be conducted. And results will be out on Dec7th!! So I think all of us who are having or have had their interviews will get their results on Dec7th.

All the best!
This is amazing, my profile is an exact replica of yours'!

Are you in Bangalore?

Yep time is short. But they have mentioned Dec4th as the deadline for my interviews to be conducted. And results will be out on Dec7th!! So I think all of us who are having or have had their interviews will get their results on Dec7th.

All the best!

In that case i should have got the details by now . I hope i get it in a day or two .

No Man....I am not in Bglore but very near though in Chennai..What other schools you have applied so far ?

All the best for your interviews !

Hi All,

Is there anyone applying HEC with a low GMAT score less than 650 in here..? any clue if HEC has ever taken someone with such a score..pls let me know!
Anu