HCS Teaching Project

Hi folks! I met Mr Venkat Reddy at MV Foundation last saturday. There is a project that they have in mind for us. They have bunch of boys and girls who were rescued from labor and put thro the bridge course for class 7th to 9th. Now thi…

Hi folks!

I met Mr Venkat Reddy at MV Foundation last saturday. There is a project that they have in mind for us.

They have bunch of boys and girls who were rescued from labor and put thro the bridge course for class 7th to 9th. Now this batch has finished its 9th and are being introduced into the formal stream for class 10.

So for this, they are running "summer classes" for these kids to make this transition easier for them. They plan to finsih off some 3 chapters each in maths and science. They've already started these classes with some hired faculty.

They want us to do something creative with these kids over the weekend. They are absolutely free on weekends. Infact even on the weekdays they are willing to move their schedule if we can come up with something!

The kids will be here until june first week, and their classes have already started. So we need to move soon!

The girls are housed @ Tolichowki and the boys @ the Mahindra hills hostel (where we conducted the written english workshop)

Hoping to get a smashing response!

MVF ROX!

Uday

This is now good news Uday and with respect to what we can do from our side , we could help them out with English or since he wants us to be creative we could teach them some extra-curricular stuff like how to give a talk or how to do some non-academic writing or how not to be nervous in your 10th board exams or something on those lines which wouldn't be covered in their curriculum .

Am Aye for this project and you ncan count me in .

Cheeers,
Vicky.

This is now good news Uday and with respect to what we can do from our side , we could help them out with English or since he wants us to be creative we could teach them some extra-curricular stuff like how to give a talk or how to do some non-academic writing or how not to be nervous in your 10th board exams or something on those lines which wouldn't be covered in their curriculum .

Am Aye for this project and you ncan count me in .

Cheeers,
Vicky.

Hey Vicky, thats one of the things that i discussed with Mr V. but he said given their current level of eng language, it might be difficult to do an english workshop.

Lets do one thing, lets go visit that place once, so that we can get a first hand idea of what they know and what they dont. Wat say folks?

Yes thats probable the right thing to do Uday , so lets meet the kids at the earliest . As regards to when we are meeting , how about this weekend?

Aye:

1)Uday
2)Vicky.

Cheers,
Vicky.

Yes thats probable the right thing to do Uday , so lets meet the kids at the earliest . As regards to when we are meeting , how about this weekend?

Aye:

1)Uday
2)Vicky.

Cheers,
Vicky.

Can we plz make it sometime during the week? ideally we shud start the classes this weekend...

Cool then , how about meeting on thursday evening at 7 Pm at a convenient location. Uday , please come up with a place where we can meet and set the ball rolling with the ideas to suit the needs of the children .

Cheers,
Vicky.

guys,i'm ready to help in this cause too..pls count me in too..this will b the first time i will b coming to u people....so pls give me the details of the meet...and i will chip in thr...

catbitten Says
guys,i'm ready to help in this cause too..pls count me in too..this will b the first time i will b coming to u people....so pls give me the details of the meet...and i will chip in thr...

sure buddy, keep checking this thread! 😁

Hey peepz, we r planning to go to the camp tom evening.

Will post the details in a couple of hours

Uday

Uday

great goin uday !!

some thoughts on the creative stuff we can plan for the kids ...

1. we can ask them to plan a skit kinda stuff .. we will be there to help them out ...
(any skit ... the plight they were a part of and a ray of hope after joinin this school etc)

2. helpin them learn some pottery skills or painting or collage

3.asking them wht they like most

hello guys,
i am also ready for the project
i am not tat familiar in english (mean to say not tat confident) but i am quite sure i can in some maths stuff as i am very much familiar in that and comin to my background me into engg and gonna finish my last exam on may 8th and after that i am free to dedicate myslef to the project
my yahoo id is raja_incredible and my mobile number is 9866219056
plz count me 2 in the project

Uday

we r waiting uday

We are planning to go the MVF camp today evening.

Lets meet someplace near Dargaah (Mehdipatnam) and go together to the MVF camp. So lets say we meet there @ 6 PM today?

Directions I got from Mr Nalla Reddy, the Hyd city coordinator of MVF - Dargaah village will come on the way from Mehdipatnam to Gacchibiwli. These kids are housed in the SC Boys Hostel there.

Or if you are coming from Madhapur, then Dargaah village will be after Tolichowki.

If you are interested, plz PM me.

Or if you are coming from Madhapur, then Dargaah village will be after Tolichowki.

hey uday,its the othr way round as far as i know..u hav to cross dargah to reach tolichowki when u r coming gachibowli..
the best way to come thr is to come by bombay highway(ie gachibowli-mehdipatnam mainroad)...
coming frm jubilee hills is also an option but the road is tortuos and full of ditches

We are Meeting @ Tolichowki junction @ 6 PM. the TC junction is where there is a mosque BANG in the middle of the road. there's cafe next to the road on the jxn, on the left hand side if coming from Mehdipatnam.

If you are planning to come, plz do PM me before 5PM.

Uday

We are planning to go the MVF camp today evening.

Lets meet someplace near Dargaah (Mehdipatnam) and go together to the MVF camp. So lets say we meet there @ 6 PM today?

Directions I got from Mr Nalla Reddy, the Hyd city coordinator of MVF - Dargaah village will come on the way from Mehdipatnam to Gacchibiwli. These kids are housed in the SC Boys Hostel there.

Hey Hyd Junta ,

We met up with the kids and the staff-in-charge at the foundation today. We are starting off with workshops and classes from saturday (29th) to begin with during weekends.

Tentative timings subject to revisal .

Saturdays - 4 Pm - 7 Pm
Sundays - 8 Am - 11 Am

People who are interested and willing to join us are MOST welcome .
Please Pm either Uday or Myself for contact nos & further details.

This is to just to give a quick update as there is very little time and to ensure junta aren't missing any info . A more detailed plan as to what is planned will be posted soon by Ravi/Uday .

Cheers,
Vicky.

Yo all ,

The HCS initiative for community service is finally underway with the new project that we have which involves taking classes for a group of about 100 girls in the age group of 13-16. The basic outline of the project is as follows:

1) In a bridge camp that has been setup at Tolichowki Hyderabad, there are about 100 girls from classes 8th to 12th. The aim of the camp is to utilize the vacation they have and teach them various topics apart from the regular classroom curriculum.

2) The break up of the students is:

Class 9th to 10th: 50 students.
Class 8th to 9th : 20 students.
12th Pass : 30 students.

Now the aim is to form 3 batches out of these 100 students and teach them
1) Spoken English,
2) Basic Math's,
3) Social Studies Political Scenario of the country, History of the Nation etc
4) Science Projects,
5) Role Plays.

3) The timings that have been decided for the weekend's are:

Saturday: 4pm 7pm. 2 sessions of 90mins each.
Sunday : 8am 11am 2 sessions of 90mins each.
Weekdays:
6pm 8pm: 1 session. This schedule is yet to be set and it will be flexible as the number
of people who may come are few. As of now its just me who is planning to go so any
volunteers for the daily classes are welcome.

4) So going by the above schedule we have felt that we will need about 8 ppl on both
Saturday and Sunday so that every day we can have 2 volunteers taking each session of 90mins.
The topics that the volunteers want to take can first be co-ordinated with the group so that we can
have more topics to cover.

Agenda for the weekend Classes:

Slot 1: Science Project
Slot 2: Role Play
Slot 3: English
Slot 4: Vedic Maths.
It would be beneficial if every volunteer can mail his/her preference of the subject that they want to take up so that we can balance out all the topics.

Agenda & Schedule for the first weekend i.e April 29th & 30th:

All the junta are requested to come to this first session so that we can have a long intro session with the kids and they can get to know all of us and vice-versa.

Tentative Schedule:

Saturday, 29th April:
4:30 Meet up at the KBR Main gate (opp. TDP party office) from where all of us can proceed to the Center.

5pm Intro with the kids.

6pm First round of role plays to ease them up a bit and get the camp going.

In case anyone has any queries or wants further clarification, please feel free to contact either Uday ( Hobbes ) or myself or Vamsi (Vkris)

Finally, please post your your comments and the status of your availability so that we can get an exact count of the number of people coming to the session.

Cheers,
Vicky.

Hi puys,

The HCS teaching project kicked off in handsome fashion. Here is the summary of what all we did this weekend.

Saturday, 29th - let's get it started!
The participants - Hobbes, Ravi, Maddie (Hocu Pocus), your's trulli, harsha n ghulam...

We reached the hostel at around 5pm, met the faculties there and immediatly got down to business...errr....I'd rather say interacting with the kids (almost 100 of'em).

they were split into groups, with each group consisting not more than 20. The faculty:student ratio looked too small (1:20)....but the kids made up for that by being very obidient.....

we started off with in-formal cross-intros, in english....poor maddie got ragged by his batch....since his telugu is as good as my french....the students made him give an intro first, then sing a song....and then what not....but he made sure he smiled all the way, great going bro!

The session went on for another hour or so.....the groups which finished their intros went on with role-plays n stuff...all in all nice way to begin.

Sunday, 30th - Junta jumpin' in!
The participants - "Ditto" + Vamshi (another one), Neha, Shweta, Nandini, Kamlesh and Dipti (hope i'm not missing someone)

So many new faculties increased the telugu-speakin junta's population...the best compliment I got was when uday counted me in the gulti-group!

This time we had 2 (or 3) faculties (infact its annalu n akkalu, am i right guys?) per batch, so the personal attention to students increased...which obviously helped us connect with them better.....all the faculty members tried their best...esp maddie who was still being treated as the "darling" among the faculty members....

Initially I thought there's nothing called "home-work" for the students...and I was indeed right...however since maddie sings so good that other faculty members were also requested to try out their vocal chords.....and when I couldn't sing any song for my batch...some of the enthu students gave me one assignment.....I've gotta learn a telugu song n sing it for them next week....so i guess I'm busy with some office work next weekend...maddie, you can do the honors, please!!!

Ravi would try to get some weekday classes going, so anyone interested to join him, please do let us know....

C ya all next weekend!!! Its "labour" day, and I've to "deliver" somethings to my clients not.....Adios puys!

Forrest Gump - And thats all I have to say about that!!!

Initially I thought there's nothing called "home-work" for the students...and I was indeed right...however since maddie sings so good that other faculty members were also requested to try out their vocal chords.....and when I couldn't sing any song for my batch...some of the enthu students gave me one assignment.....I've gotta learn a telugu song n sing it for them next week....so i guess I'm busy with some office work next weekend...maddie, you can do the honors, please!!!

Forrest Gump - And thats all I have to say about that!!!

infact ,we were given homework by them....
swetha was asked(shall i say ordered? ) to sing and dance the next time we go thr...
i was asked to sing too( escaped frm being asked to dance)..
and many othrs were given similar assignments ....

so,i hope u guys r preparing for the forthcoming fiesta...