HBS 2+2 profile evaluation!

indian male,3rd year 1st sem college aggregate-70 %(college in hyderabad,my course(mechatronics) is unique in andhra pradesh,aggregate topper has 80 percent.) extracurriculars- 1)Street Cause, Chief Executive Officer and General Secretar…

indian male,3rd year 1st sem

college aggregate-70 %(college in hyderabad,my course(mechatronics) is unique in andhra pradesh,aggregate topper has 80 percent.)
extracurriculars-
1)Street Cause, Chief Executive Officer and General Secretary (2012 and
currently):
Street Cause, a Government registered organization established in 2009, is among the
prominent NGOs in India with a turnover of 1.1 million rupees per annum and a strong student
network of over 1000 students.it was awarded the best student run ngo in my State
2)College Ambassador for IIT kharagpur entrepreneurship cell
3)street cause Vice president for my college division
4)Chairman of Warm hearts Organisation(an NGO with a student base of 100 students)
5)Student representative of National service scheme(NSS) for my college,110 students work for me
6)vice chairman of Society of automotive Engineers(SAE) for my college
7)brown belt-1 in Goju-ryu karate do style.
8)national 3rd in karate in national tournament in 9th grade
Entered 2nd round in karate international tournament in 7th grade
9)MUN(model united nations) cbit delegate for somalia
10)The Organizer for 'business plan' SAE convention in my city,first one ever in my state
11)student organizer in my college technical fests for robotics
12)publicity organizer for SAE

will establish a society and a startup in 1 and half month time.expecting startup to make 20 k a month turnover
do i got a shot at the hbs???? btw will those authorities know about the mechatronics gold medalist score,otherwise it'll be bad news for me

what should be my gmat score to make my profile badass??

IIRC - Mechatronics was offered only by JBIT (or am i thinking of MGIT? the college next to CBIT? )

Also - you are a year ahead of the application deadline?

2+2 does place a strong emphasis on academic performance so presumably at 70% it's uniform without backlogs? Your EAMCET rank/Inter-marks won't matter as much. National-level in 9th is a long time ago. What have you been doing since then? Did you do anything else during your schooling years?

There is an interesting NGO background to you but what are your future plans? how does an HBS MBA help you achieve them? Those are the questions you must answer.

The problem with 2+2 is that it's insanely competitive and puts us Indians at an disadvantage because students here are involved in a greater number of activities than Indian students at the same age. You will need to re-package yourself and present in a far more appealing manner than you have here.
@Neo2000 hello neo! this is just a laundry list of achievement,i havent actually taken any effort to glorify it yet by any magnitude !i shall receive letters of recommendation from a scientist,pretty famous guy,who taught me in college and another one from the Street cause chairperson(street cause has been made a case study in the symbiosis curriculum and is the best student run ngo in AP)
I havent written my SOP's yet old medal
in school i received 2 silver medals in cricket and throw ball ,and a goldmedal in water polo;
i was part of the PEAS club also.
i will have started my own society with a studnet base of 250 students for starters by end of january and will also be the Literary club president in my college,and also the NGC student representative.
I've ideated a startup and it will be running in 1 month time
internships- vizag steel plant,will go for another either at DRDO or the helicopter assembly unit in hyderabad near shamshbad airport,and a mini project at BHEL.

@joker101 said:
@Neo2000 hello neo! this is just a laundry list of achievement,i havent actually taken any effort to glorify it yet by any magnitude !i shall receive letters of recommendation from a scientist,pretty famous guy,who taught me in college and another one from the Street cause chairperson(street cause has been made a case study in the symbiosis curriculum and is the best student run ngo in AP)I havent written my SOP's yet old medal in school i received 2 silver medals in cricket and throw ball ,and a goldmedal in water polo;i was part of the PEAS club also.i will have started my own society with a studnet base of 250 students for starters by end of january and will also be the Literary club president in my college,and also the NGC student representative.I've ideated a startup and it will be running in 1 month timeinternships- vizag steel plant,will go for another either at DRDO or the helicopter assembly unit in hyderabad near shamshbad airport,and a mini project at BHEL.
@Neo2000
@Neo2000 and yes,i am studying at MGIT.The recommendation letters will be strong for me,ill have to work on my essays ,and thatnks alot for your critical apprisal!do keep me posted,ill help you out if at all,quid pro quo

Gmat you target for 750 +

@joker101
No offense but i'm not sure how credible your claim of "scientist-pretty famous guy" is. I've lived in Hyd so i know how MGIT is. It's not a place where a world-famous scientist will teach.

You've still not answered WHY you want the MBA and WHAT your post-MBA goals are. You are heavily involved in NGO work but if your post-MBA goals aren't involved in that area, then you have to answer why are you spending time on the NGO and not on the areas that you want to work in post-MBA.

I don't know what PEAS and NGC are. Please elaborate. Literary Club President at MGIT? Meh.

You need to spend some time refining your profile and working on your start-up. If that does well, it might be the difference between acceptance and a ding.

As for "quid pro quo" thanks but i will decline. I'm not helping you because i think you will someday be able to help me. i'm helping you because many years ago, many people helped me without expecting me to help them in return. I now pay forward that favor in the fond hope that i can inspire somebody else to pay it forward.
@Neo2000 hello neo! NGC is the national green corps,govt setup similar to the NSS except that they involve only in environmental related activities like plantations and climate change related awareness.PEAS club is a club which educated high school kids like me about environmental related issues and the detrimental effects of non segregation of waste etc.
and i agree,being a president of a few clubs, founding a few more ,heading societies,running the unique Hyderabad youth assembly isnt the perfect picture.
my main goal is to make sure that all the kids in these orphanages,kids going to government schools have the facilities they need to provide themselves better education,if i do get admittance into the harvard ,i shall meet people with more experience than i do and people who would improvise my goals in betterment of life for those under privileged kids,i want to spread it all through the third world countires,giving them food and shellter is temporary relief,give them education they can fend for themselves.for that i need dedicated minds and alot of finance and backup.my blue prints are all ready for my dreams to materialise,i just laxk the funding.
no need to patronize me,your 'meh' reference isnt very nice,please dont do that.the quid pro quo was a courtesy,i dont mean any offense.
by the way,which school do you go too?
the scientist's name is 'viplava kumar',He has done his bachelors at the IIT and phd in russia,worked there as a scientist for 7 years and was a 'E' grade scientist at the DRDO banglore,'F' grade is the highest level.he has published books with foreign authors from eminent univs abroad.you may be wondering why such a man is stationed in my mediocre college,well its because sometimes people have to retire and need a break,he is pretty famous alright,no need t worry.

i am expecting my startup to make atleast 20k INR a month.

@joker101 Not patronizing you. Meh is to being Literary club president at MGIT. It's not a big deal because the club itself has no value outside of MGIT. You need to understand/remember that you will be competing against a thousand students for 1 out of 100 seats.(http://www.hbs.edu/mba/admissions/admission-requirements/Pages/class-of-2015-profile.aspx) some of whom will be Harvard undergrads themselves (http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2012/9/6/harvard-seniors-admitted-to-HBS/)

Once you realise that, then you need to re-evaluate your achievements and pick and choose only the best - the ones that are really worth talking about - which show all kinds of amazing things about you - the brown belt can show focus, determination and discipline - the NGO work can show compassion and humanity, the start-up can show risk-taking, the desire to make a difference and actually doing something about it etc.

eventually, you are applying to a b-school so you need to align your presentation along those lines.
@joker101 While presenting yourself in front of a board, impact should not show you need Harvard, but Harvard needs you. As Neo mentioned just emphasize on best achievements of all. While mentioning your achievements be moderate appealing (not more not less). Be confident you can achieve it...
hello
i too am looking to HBS 2+2 program but am not sure if my profile stands a chance ... take a look and enlighten me.

Class Xth-93.4%
Class XIIth-83.4%(PCM)
Persueing B.Tech. form MNNIT, Allahabad in Computer Science 3rd year
CGPA-7.06(upto 5th sem)

have been an excellent quizzer(won some district level prizes, a bit of quizzing stint in college too)
have been general secreatry for my college cultural fest
had been in district chess championship
nothing towards comm service ... though i do have time to improve that a bit

also i want to know that am i eligible for HBS 2+2 in my final year, or should i go for it in my 3rd year

thanks a lot in advance for the help

hello

i'm also looking for HBS 2+2...
please take a look at my profile i know its not great but just want to know if i stand a chance.
b tech currently 3rd year
CGPA - 8.6
national level quizzer.. mahindra auto quiz zonal champ.
grade 4 drummer.. with a certificate from trinity college london
vice president of SAE society in college.
vice president quiz club.
i have my own band.
have been a part of NSS
blue belt in taek won do

school laurels and tiny wins aside!!

please have a look at mine's too-
working in oriental insurance
nine years academic gap between my intermediate and enrolling for undergraduate
studied at Bora-chchap school
did my undergrad from St. xavir's college,Ranchi
worked for while as a journalist at Hindustan times,Ranchi
so no 'achievement'
want to go to Harvrd because of the 'crowd' there and the 'global culture' that begins there
have no time to study as my boss wants me in at ten in the morning and i am out only at seven in the evening
working from jhadu pochcha to underwriting/approval/....no big deal here
i know i will be applying for Harvard this coming October come what may..
and they will select me
so please suggest me which study material to begin with, please.
thank you all.

@RajeshwarG said:
@joker101 While presenting yourself in front of a board, impact should not show you need Harvard, but Harvard needs you. As Neo mentioned just emphasize on best achievements of all. While mentioning your achievements be moderate appealing (not more not less). Be confident you can achieve it...
yes,very true. 'Harvard needs you than you need Harvard' is the yardstick i agree with. true.

@bab111 You might find this study material useful for GMAT
* The-Official_Guide-for-GMAT-Review-12th-Edition
* MG Prep Manhattan GMAT Set of 8 Strategy Guides, 4th Edition
* Crack Verbal Material.

Best of luck !!!!! Keep the spirit going !!!!!!
@RajeshwarG said:
@bab111You might find this study material useful for GMAT* The-Official_Guide-for-GMAT-Review-12th-Edition* MG Prep Manhattan GMAT Set of 8 Strategy Guides, 4th Edition* Crack Verbal Material.Best of luck !!!!! Keep the spirit going !!!!!!
thank you bhai, for the prompt reply
Are you already at HBS,? It appears that you are already there...

Hi, I intend to do join MBA course in at HBS 2+2 for 2019 intake. I am a fresher and have graduated in June 2014. I have

10th : 89.40%

12th : 80.20%

B.E : 81.40%

GMAT score : 690

IELTS : 8 Bands

Lots of co-curricular activities during my B.E.

What are my chances of securing a position at HBS for 2019 intake?