Hello everyone! A lil’ bit of confusion I’d like your expert advice with. My profile is as follows: - Engineering Undergrad from India (First Class) - Research internship in Italy during undergrad - Enrolled and graduate from a Maste…
A lil' bit of confusion I'd like your expert advice with. My profile is as follows:
- Engineering Undergrad from India (First Class)
- Research internship in Italy during undergrad
- Enrolled and graduate from a Masters at NYU(many courses taken at Stern)
- Worked with a big MNC, big financial firm, IT consulting, started own online entrepreneurial venture (Total ~3 years)
I've had bad luck finding the right jobs, graduated from NYU at the start of the recession, worked in some crappy firms in the US(Decent names, major internal politics though), moved back to India and now working on my own startup which isn't going well.
Jack of all trades master of some! I have a fancy name degree, great varied experience, leadership skills, personality and DEBT from my student loan. But again my luck isn't supporting me to find the right job, I've applied high & low across several geographies.
Anyway, relating to the MBA concern. I'm looking at a relatively reasonably priced ONE year MBA. Or colleges that give some tuition waiver. With all my above mish-mash and decent recos I'm confident of getting some waiver. I'd like to go into consulting as my varied work experience would fit in best there. Not looking at US schools.
My shortlist only lies currently at:
- SDA Bocconi (past Italian internship, basic language skills and availability of scholarships makes it a top choice)
- ISB (One of my NYU professors teaches there)
I yet have to take my GMAT, but I had a 1430/1600 in the GRE and a perfect TOEFL score.
I would REALLY appreciate your recommendations for other schools I should consider as I'm just starting off the process and the overwhelming information on the internet causes further confusion!