Harvard Business school- class of 2014

Hi Guys, Thought would kick off the hbs class of 2014 entering 2012 am in for R2 A little about me M/25 at matric/3 yrs. at an identifiably unique background to → turnaround COO of a 50M INR clean energy business Industry : …

Hi Guys,
Thought would kick off the hbs class of 2014 entering 2012

am in for R2

A little about me

M/25 at matric/3 yrs. at an identifiably unique background to --> turnaround COO of a 50M INR clean energy business
Industry : Cleantech
GPA : 7.9 from a top tier school
GMAT : scheduled sept. 28th
EC : model/ theater artist/ writer/ mountaineer, few others with heavy leaderships

Welcome in! and pls. share ur profiles

count me in buddy

M/24 at IT company
UG : 70%
GMAT: 750 (51/40). Essays were queer

I would have applied but my GPA screwed 7.01/10...:splat:

count me in buddy

M/24 at IT company
UG : 70%
GMAT: 750 (51/40). Essays were queer

That's an awesome score buddy..Even though people say that gmat is just one of the factor but with a score like yours,You stand a great chance provided your interview goes well..

Well i gave my gmat yesterday.scored 710..Here's my profile :

UG :75%
Company :IBM 3 yrs exp
EC: TT College team,Involved in NGO 2 yrs,won 3 national GK awards,involved in college plays for 3 yrs...

I have applied to ISB too.Lets hope for the best.
oliveoyl Says
I would have applied but my GPA screwed 7.01/10...:splat:

If you score really well in GMAT,GPA wouldn't be a problem.

Any one of you invited to the interview-rounds in Mumbai this year?

Hi Guys,
Thought would kick off the hbs class of 2014 entering 2012

am in for R2

A little about me

M/25 at matric/3 yrs. at an identifiably unique background to --> turnaround COO of a 50M INR clean energy business
Industry : Cleantech
GPA : 7.9 from a top tier school
GMAT : scheduled sept. 28th
EC : model/ theater artist/ writer/ mountaineer, few others with heavy leaderships

Welcome in! and pls. share ur profiles

Not trying to undermine the importance of your GMAT, but with a profile like this you might not have needed a big score. Its stellar..
Hi,

I am Vikram from Mumbai,India .
I was wondering what you thought of my chances of getting into my target schools: Harvard,Wharton, Stanford or Booth based on my stats:

I am an Indian male 26 years old
GMAT- 730
MBA-Finance(2011) : 3.0/4.0
B.E (IT)(2009) : 62%
XII (2005) : 71%
X (2003) : 78%
CFA Level III Candidate.
Extra curriculum activities : Mountaineering, Field Sports, Have a started a NGO , which is into Education and Family upliftment. NGO has impacted life of more than 100 people in India since its inception in 2009.
Letter of Recommendations from 3 CFOs of Large Corporates are expected.

Work Experience: 3 Yrs in Leading Financial Services Company with a focus on Debt/Mezzanine funding.Part of Credit Appraisal team.

Do you think i am strong candidate for these schools,given the fact this is my second MBA attempt within 2 years of passing out from the first one.

Thanks
Vikram

Hello, I'm Jaydev currently pursuing my under-graduation, just completed B.Tech 3rd year.

What would be the best possible strategy to get into top-most B-Schools like Harvard, Stanford... ?

I know a minimum work ex is required (varying from 19 months to 2yrs) ....

Would to suggest me to give GMAT in this year itself or should I wait??

My academic skills:

10th 83.50%

12th 85.2%

B.Tech 8.37/10 (CPI)

@jaydevk

Hello, I'm Jaydev currently pursuing my under-graduation, just completed B.Tech 3rd year.

What would be the best possible strategy to get into top-most B-Schools like Harvard, Stanford... ?

Would to suggest me to give GMAT in this year itself or should I wait??

Top notch schools require anywhere between 2 to 6 years of experience, so you should aim to take your GMAT once you are 1 year into the Job. Technically GMAT scores are valid for 5 years but it would be great if you take GMAT within 2-3 years period prior to your application. Focus on your post-B.Tech job and profile building for now.

Hi,

I am from a technical sales background.Having managed pan India sales for top notch Technology company sales for the past 6 years with revenues of 3M+ each year.
GMAT score - 710
GPA-7.98
An avid athlete painter and story writer.Good extra curricular s to back up with.What chances are there for Harvard? Plz suggest

Hi all !

After burning my fingers with CAT last year i decided in Jan 2014 that instead of wasting my time CAT i would rather try for the world's top 10 colleges (including, obviously, and especially Harvard). So i started my preparation right away and just 2 days back i gave my GMAT. My score split up is as follows-

Section: Scaled Score

Quants- 49
Verbal: 42
IR: 8

Overall Score : 750

My AWA scores are awaited. Unfortunately my past academics are pretty bad-

10th: 76%
12: 69%
Graduation (B.Tech CSE): 6.4 CGPA.

I have work ex of 2.5 years (as of today) and have been active in a bunch of extra curricular activities ever since i started my job. I am also a weekend volunteer at a famous NGO and have helped my company(a top IT company in India) with their CSR (corporate social responsibility) activities for which i got special recommendation from my company's HR.

I also have 2 L.O.R s- one from my boss at work and one from my NGO.

Now based on all this can anyone tell if i have even the remotest chance of getting into Harvard ? Or should i not apply at all ? Any and all guidance is appreciated !

Harvard MBA Class Profile http://essaysapps.com/harvard-mba-class-profile/ #EssaysApps #EA

Right now I am doing masters in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations. Should I go for SBI PO or opt for the job of HR trainee in a PSU?

I want to get into one of the ivy-league business schools. I think SBI PO would be a good option because the job roles are more diverse and general. I am planning to start my own consultancy (recruitment, training, stress management and soft skills development) along with a job in SBI PO.

Hi Guys:

I have created a group for post-GMAT preparations for Kolkata-ites. Join the group to discuss all your GMAT related queries as well as Essay and PI based discussions. 

Looking forward to your contribution.

https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/gmat-kolkata-2017-18-aspirants-46125818