Harvard(2007) Interviews And More

Hi all, I am one of the applicants having applied to Harvard in round 1. With the first set of applications having been sent out and a majority of them to US applicants, I believe this would be right time for Asian applicants to post their co…

Hi all,

I am one of the applicants having applied to Harvard in round 1. With the first set of applications having been sent out and a majority of them to US applicants, I believe this would be right time for Asian applicants to post their comments on HBS interviews and further on this thread.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

cheers,
Sam

GMAT 710
Edu Profile: B.Pharm, PGDM (Marketing)
Work ex: Currently 6 years + in FMCG (Unilever, Diageo) ~ Middle management position
Interest : Entrepreneurship and General Management

Your profile seems very similar to that of a friend who is attending Wharton. He too received interview calls from HBS though and had worked at Unilever. You can check up accepted.com's list of interview questions specific to HBS applicants if you want to prep for the interviews.

Best of luck!

Hi all,

I am one of the applicants having applied to Harvard in round 1. With the first set of applications having been sent out and a majority of them to US applicants, I believe this would be right time for Asian applicants to post their comments on HBS interviews and further on this thread.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

cheers,
Sam

GMAT 710
Edu Profile: B.Pharm, PGDM (Marketing)
Work ex: Currently 6 years + in FMCG (Unilever, Diageo) ~ Middle management position
Interest : Entrepreneurship and General Management

Thanks PG. Will check it up. Am looking forward to the HBS interview. Planning to apply to Wharton in R2.

Anyone for HBS R1?

cheers,
Sam

Thanks PG. Will check it up. Am looking forward to the HBS interview. Planning to apply to Wharton in R2.

Anyone for HBS R1?

cheers,
Sam

i am here buddy.. the only thing is i will rather wait for the invite and then work on it .... let us know if you hear anyhting ...

Anyone for HBS R1?

cheers,
Sam

Count me in.
I think the busy weeks of interview invites are still not here.
Late Nov is when they send out the max invites.
Anyway - keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Hi Purple/I Day,

Nice to hear from you guys. Please share your profile. Also what other schools have you applied to in R1/planning to apply in R2? Btw, I know two ppl in Bombay who have got Wharton interview invites.

cheers,
Sam

Count me in.
I think the busy weeks of interview invites are still not here.
Late Nov is when they send out the max invites.
Anyway - keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

hey,

investment banking + non profit totally 4 years.... career focus is social entrepreneurship...

acads - 60+% through out college...
extra- volunteer through out college with NGOs and was involved in a host of activities....
played snooker and billards for distrcit championships ... played snooker at a club level....

colleges applied in R1 yale, stanford, oxford and harvard...

Sam10,

where are you applying to in R 2 and where have you applied for R 1 ....

Hi,

R1 - Harvard, Kellogg, Oxford and Michigan

R2 - Stanford, Wharton, Insead, LBS, Tuck

Lets hope that HBS works out for both of us :-). The trend that I see in HBS is that the Indians that are admitted in HBS are mostly people who are either green card holders or people who have done their masters from the US. The only Indian I know who studied and worked in India who got into HBS had a reco from a world famous CEO of a large Indian company (he was working as the exec asst. to the CEO). I am increasingly getting this feeling that they look for tags.

Hoping for the best though I dont expect to hear from them in November.

cheers,
Sam

Sam10,

where are you applying to in R 2 and where have you applied for R 1 ....
Hi,

R1 - Harvard, Kellogg, Oxford and Michigan

R2 - Stanford, Wharton, Insead, LBS, Tuck

Lets hope that HBS works out for both of us :-). The trend that I see in HBS is that the Indians that are admitted in HBS are mostly people who are either green card holders or people who have done their masters from the US. The only Indian I know who studied and worked in India who got into HBS had a reco from a world famous CEO of a large Indian company (he was working as the exec asst. to the CEO). I am increasingly getting this feeling that they look for tags.

Hoping for the best though I dont expect to hear from them in November.

cheers,
Sam

i am not too sure about the people that get in HBS ... but it is defiantely mother of all the b-schools in the world.... i cant apply to michigan beacuse of the 16 years of education issue... thats why ross and haas is out ......

HBS likes tags that for sure and tags that are really big and infleuntial though i know people who have done some interestng stuff in their lives and havegone to HBS ... they like people i think who really dream big and really show that they want to impact the world in bigger ways...
i am not too sure about the people that get in HBS ... but it is defiantely mother of all the b-schools in the world.... i cant apply to michigan beacuse of the 16 years of education issue... thats why ross and haas is out ......

HBS likes tags that for sure and tags that are really big and infleuntial though i know people who have done some interestng stuff in their lives and havegone to HBS ... they like people i think who really dream big and really show that they want to impact the world in bigger ways...

My boss's both kids arre at Harvard. Boss is indian, ordinary citizens... but both kids were Rodhes Scholars..
Masala Dosa Says
My boss's both kids arre at Harvard. Boss is indian, ordinary citizens... but both kids were Rodhes Scholars..

like i said that hbs loves tags... but they also like people who are differnet things in their lives.... Rodhes is a big thing... and definately fetches you a lot of points... i also know someone who wen t to HBS with a score of 580... that rasied my hopes...

hi,

has anyone got interview call from the mother of all b-schools?

hi,

has anyone got interview call from the mother of all b-schools?

waiting waiting waiting for you to sing a song waiting for you tell me what went wrong....

I love this track by the doors...

no news

PY
waiting waiting waiting for you to sing a song waiting for you tell me what went wrong....

I love this track by the doors...

no news

PY

Hi, got my invite for HBS interview last night. Can someone guide me to a thread/post which can help me in preperation for this specific interview.

Wish me luck 😃 .

Awesome! An interview at HBS usually means you're almost in, unless you mess up the interview! With respect to resources, the one that comes to my mind is .. accepted.com . It maintains a list of prior HBS questions that have come up in interviews and might be helpful for your prep!

Congrats again and best of luck!

Hi, got my invite for HBS interview last night. Can someone guide me to a thread/post which can help me in preperation for this specific interview.

Wish me luck 😃 .

Thanks PG for the leg-up and confidence boost, am on roaming and using GPRS (any thoughts on making the forums hand-held device friendly? 😁 ) would appreciate similar inputs and wishes!!!

Awesome! An interview at HBS usually means you're almost in, unless you mess up the interview! With respect to resources, the one that comes to my mind is .. accepted.com . It maintains a list of prior HBS questions that have come up in interviews and might be helpful for your prep!

Congrats again and best of luck!

Cryo,

We have a pda friendly edition at:

http://www.pagalguy.com/archive

HTH :)

cryonerve Says
Thanks PG for the leg-up and confidence boost, am on roaming and using GPRS (any thoughts on making the forums hand-held device friendly? 😁 ) would appreciate similar inputs and wishes!!!
cryonerve Says
Hi, got my invite for HBS interview last night.

congo dude ! can u pls post your profile here. thanks 😃