harassment by iim indore

edited post

edited post

guys...this is my story plz read it and comment
YOU RAN FOR DISABLED...NOW HELP A DISABLED IN DISTRESS

Most unfortunate numinousdivine !

But I'm sure still things are far from over. And trust me things are far from finished this year. I have a few thoughts but waiting for other junta to pore in their thoughts and suggestions.

Arun

You sure deserve calls dude.

feeling very sorry for your situation.......... thoug my advice is hang in there nothing is over yet....... I am sure you will get calls from all other institutes

Well Numinous,

Not sure what this reply of mine would do to help you at this moment; still not able to think properly on this one; however, the following thoughts are doing rounds in my mind at the moment.

It seems to me you have two options for now.
1) Take it in your stride and start preparing for CAT 2005.
2) If you strongly feel you have been wronged and you have a realistic chance of winning, hire a lawyer. Even if you were to win, I am unsure of the reception you will have in the IIMs and your life in the IIMs thereafter.

Do keep in mind that the second option can open a "Can of worms", which may be/may not be in your favor.

Hope this has been of some help.

-pooran

hi
well..i was thinking about anything that can be done in this regard. anyone got any suggestions?. will something a signature drive or anything offer some help.?

meanwhile, i wish you all the best for other exams- there are other instis that fall in the same bracket as the iim`s- i am confident that you will fare well in them.all our wishes are with you mate . go get them

this uis highly preposterous. quite clearly, IIMI authorities are trying 2 hide the mistake on their part. u shdnt leave this mater half way thru n pursue ur case till u get a complete rational explanation for such an act.
being a management student myself, i know the kind of emphasis that is being put on the social responsibility aspect of any business concern. n i m quite sure this is reiterated in the IIMs too.
it is almost kiddish 2 c a premier management institute trying 2 hide their errors. agreed, hey made a grossly unpardonable mistake. but wats the harm in making the ammendments now. u surely deserve nothing less than the IIMs n in my opinion, u shdnt sit quiet with this injustice done 2 u.

Know whats the biggest joke in town!

IIM's speaking of corporate governance and corporate social responsibility.

This incident just displays that. IIM's being the biggest management names in the nation owe some explanations to people how they give out calls and what their clear cut criterions are for selection.
You make the rules first, then play the game.
Be it PH category or general, they do not have any clear cut criterion!
And it they do they must specify it clear cut!
Its 1.5 lacs taking the test, and IIM's owe it to the public to let them know what they want. Its a shocker when someone with 99.71 has 0 calls and another fellow with no work ex at 97.4 had IIMB and IIMK. Why conduct the test when it has little significance then?

My friend ur case is very strong and if they were the ones not giving their medical certificate outline. U take them to the courts for ignorance of public responsibility.
Believe me Ull do a world of good to huge number of ppl in the country, both the aspirants as well as their parents. Let them know what corporate social responsibility means too in the true meaning of the words.

Any steadfast IIM's fans may note I did not critisize XAT or JMET or SNAP etc. They give weightages to other factors as well, dont they. But they are mighty transparent and clear with their policies. Even MDI, IMT, NITIE etc using CAT scores are open and clear. You dont hear complains about their calls or their selections. This I'm sure drives home the point.
IIm's better get their acts straight. I was delighted to hear they might outsource their admission process, coz I believe they are unfair and ambiguous in what they are doing.
And Nope I am not a sufferer at their hands. Its just that over the past 3 years I've heard and seen way too many such cases to keep quite.
Hope ppl here understand the basic underlying fact of this issue and not just critically remark on it.
GAUTAM

edited post

file a case with them ... i am serious we have to stand up or better go to star tv or ndtv or aaj tak dude once its out in the open in th media .. it will be a big thing .... dont just write on a forum like this ... we understand what are u going through .. (me no calls) cat below 60 percentile but good work ex and evthing dont let theese 2 hours decide ur life ok get that ...

go to the media ...man screw them

Well Numinous,

Not sure what this reply of mine would do to help you at this moment; still not able to think properly on this one; however, the following thoughts are doing rounds in my mind at the moment.

It seems to me you have two options for now.
1) Take it in your stride and start preparing for CAT 2005.
2) If you strongly feel you have been wronged and you have a realistic chance of winning, hire a lawyer. Even if you were to win, I am unsure of the reception you will have in the IIMs and your life in the IIMs thereafter.

Do keep in mind that the second option can open a "Can of worms", which may be/may not be in your favor.

Hope this has been of some help.

-pooran

Go for 2005 dude get 98+ %ile

dont even think about the lawyer thing it will really open a 'can of worms'

u might be admitted but u might never graduate -- since these instis are autonomous

Numinousdivine,
Objectively speaking, what has happened is a ridiculous mistake by IIM indore. They haven't processed your application under the ph category and none of the other IIM's would have known about it. And now that the calls have been sent out after all the processing of the necessary info, I am sure they will try to avoid your case.

Having not made it this time for the wrong reasons and no mistake of yours, it will take great mental strength for you to sit down and prepare for 2005. Indeed, it is tough to get this episode out of your way just like that.

You have two options now.
1- Look at the other top b-schools (non-IIM's) and work your way thro. I am sure with your resolve you will get thro.

2. Take up the fight with IIM- Indore in what should be a well executed diplomatic game. Remember, a head-on battle will be a lose-lose situation. And you stand to lose more!!

What are the diplomatic ways you can use? Well rite now I am thinking about it....I am sure I will come up with something concrete and you will be the first to know. Till then, focus yourself on option 1.... it is that time of the year when the GD/PI things for the top b-schools goes into full swing.

My heart goes out to you numerousdivine,

Srini

Hi dear,

We all are with you in this. First of all i strongly believe we should never accept such type of happenings against us. We should fight against them hard. Just submitting to the situation is doing injustice to yourself man.
You would find everyone with you in this fight and IIMs have to admit their fault. Its even more disgrace for them , acting in such a way even when they boast of being representing top B schools in India.

So, never think of CAT 2005 as suggested above. You have made it this year only and its just that you have to get in. Everyone there wud receive you with warmth. Do whatever you can to fight for this issue.
Leaving it at this stage means submitting ourselves to injustice which i think if a management aspirant to such B school does, he shud give up the idea of getting into such reputed B Schools.

Best of Luck

This incident just displays that. IIM's being the biggest management names in the nation owe some explanations to people how they give out calls and what their clear cut criterions are for selection.
Its 1.5 lacs taking the test, and IIM's owe it to the public to let them know what they want. Its a shocker when someone with 99.71 has 0 calls and another fellow with no work ex at 97.4 had IIMB and IIMK. Why conduct the test when it has little significance then?

My friend ur case is very strong and if they were the ones not giving their medical certificate outline. U take them to the courts for ignorance of public responsibility.
Believe me Ull do a world of good to huge number of ppl in the country, both the aspirants as well as their parents. Let them know what corporate social responsibility means too in the true meaning of the words.

Any steadfast IIM's fans may note I did not critisize XAT or JMET or SNAP etc. They give weightages to other factors as well, dont they. But they are mighty transparent and clear with their policies. Even MDI, IMT, NITIE etc using CAT scores are open and clear. You dont hear complains about their calls or their selections. This I'm sure drives home the point.
IIm's better get their acts straight. I was delighted to hear they might outsource their admission process, coz I believe they are unfair and ambiguous in what they are doing.
And Nope I am not a sufferer at their hands. Its just that over the past 3 years I've heard and seen way too many such cases to keep quite.
Hope ppl here understand the basic underlying fact of this issue and not just critically remark on it.
GAUTAM

One of the best post I've read on PG.com

thanks for all the response i am getting from you guys ...it reinstates my faith in humanity & justice...and yes i am not giving up...today i rang up indore and threatened to go to court & media...they have a softened stance now...no more arrogant voices..initially they made me feel as if i am a burden on earth...not everything is right with iims thats fr certain.

Hi dear,
So, never think of CAT 2005 as suggested above. You have made it this year only and its just that you have to get in. Everyone there wud receive you with warmth. Do whatever you can to fight for this issue.
Leaving it at this stage means submitting ourselves to injustice which i think if a management aspirant to such B school does, he shud give up the idea of getting into such reputed B Schools.

Best of Luck

thanks vivek....i will not give up...i will fight

GAUTAM

great thoughts.....yeah i will raise the issues you mentioned above. great post.

The best thing would be if anyone can get this in media....... I am sure IIM's wont be able to live upto the embarrasment!

I guess thats your best shot........ don't think that the lawyer thing will workout well as i dont have much faith in the Indian judiciary........

else leave everything and start preapring for CAT 2005 get 99+% and prove what you are worth

All the best to you and others.

God Bless

thanks vivek....i will not give up...i will fight

dats the spirit boss..just dnt give up now.and even i wud say that dnt even think abt CAT 05...dnt suffer this injustice ..as suggested by pooran and others u shud seriously think abt filing a case..u wud be doin a whole lot of gud to others as well who needs to know how do these B-School operate..

im 200% sure that all Pgites are with u