haas school of business

hii Does anyone have information or feedback about Haas’s Masters in Financial Engineering program. No doubt Berkeley is a big name…but is it thr right choice for people going in to Investement Banking…coz it’s on the west coast. …

hii

Does anyone have information or feedback about Haas's Masters in Financial Engineering program.

No doubt Berkeley is a big name...but is it thr right choice for people going in to Investement Banking...coz it's on the west coast.

I am looking at this program bcoz I don't have work-ex.

AG

arrey yaar

haha
haven't heard of haas school of business, but heard of Chandrahaas Primary School in west Bihar.
Wanna join ?

You better be SERIOUSLY joking! Haas is one of the most respected schools in US and one of the best schools on the east coast...ranked 15th by forbes and 17th by businessweek....consistently among the top 20. Its MFE program is considered among the best....just take a look at the profile of students in the MFE program on the haas website and you`ll know. The average salary offered is greater than even some top b schools.

Anyways, neo16, haas is definitely a good school, but looking at the student profile of the MFE program, i dont think it`s a good fit for a fresher. Its not just another school or program where a fresher can get into by scoring a good gmat score. East coast may not be as attractive as the west in terms of finance jobs, but california is a great place to live and work...you`ll have to fight it out, but the haas name will REALLY help. The cost of the haas mfe is equal to that of some MBA programs!!

http://mfe.haas.berkeley.edu/current/
....... Haas is one of the most respected schools in US and one of the best schools on the east coast...

..... East coast may not be as attractive as the west in terms of finance jobs, but california is a great place to live and work.....

you're mixing up directions 😃 CA/Berkeley/Haas is on the West Coast
sujoygolan Says
you're mixing up directions 😃 CA/Berkeley/Haas is on the West Coast

I was just testing you guys
Crash_test_dummy Says
I was just testing you guys

Hahaha...
that was a good one..

Azeem

Haas MFE is ont of the best programs, and as far as investment banking and finance is concerned it is the best program ever. The intake is around 60 students i believe and most of them have at least some background in financial services. I have heard during the course students spend majority of their time within the industry.
For admissions a lot of enphasis is placed on the GMAT quant score and also there are some pre req finance courses likke corporate finance that they want the students to take up.
It is very demamding and has a very high value, and very difficult to get into. Haas located California, the west coast.

And Hey BLUFFMASTER, we dont need any of your condescending comments. I just came across another post of yours where you were bashing up another person asking him to go do a BA\BEd course.
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/gmat-and-related-discussions/15973-right-schools.html#post506928
I think you dont know any better and you had better not giveth your comments unless you know any better!!!!!!!!

Haas MFE is ont of the best programs, and as far as investment banking and finance is concerned it is the best program ever.

Hi NIce GUy, Welcome to PG.... Yaar you seem to be having lot of gyaan on I Banking !!!??:... I am goiing to apply for MBA next year & guess what I ONLY want to go in for MBA FInance with IB as core area....

I was wondering if you could give some inputs about the college which are good for IB (specially the NON US one's like rotman, ivey,queens,MBS etc)...

Hope to hear from you soon

Thankx
Azeem

kudos to bluffmaster...if this kinda humor makes u happy so be it.

I have seen the profiles of the current students and I do meet the requirements for the program...work ex comes in the recommended criterias.

I still wanna take a shot at it..bcoz my GPA, quant score etc. is quite good and am right now in New York, I graduate in December...would want to go to their program for the spring session.

I asked people their opinions bocz I know some people have really researched bschools that are not in Bihar.

AG

I have seen the profiles of the current students and I do meet the requirements for the program...work ex comes in the recommended criterias.

I still wanna take a shot at it..bcoz my GPA, quant score etc. is quite good and am right now in New York, I graduate in December...would want to go to their program for the spring session.
AG

neo, best of luck for haas MFE. i dont mean to dampen your spirits, but i somehow feel the MFE program is not for a fresher straight out of college...some work experience might go a long way in building up your profile and making a stronger case for your application. It's not just the program, but also the profile of the class that you should consider while deciding whether the program is right for you. Now, you don't have to get intimidated by looking at those monster profiles and super-achievers, but you do need to imagine yourself surrounded by such people and then realistically figure out whether in such an environment, wil you be able to contribute your best and get the best out of the program. You dont wanna be the listener or a passive audience in class...you wanna be an achiever and a topper, right? Will that be possible for you at Haas? if the reply is yes, then go ahead. Consider this as objective advice...dont get disappointed by what i said.

thanx crash...hit the nail right on the coffin.

However, I just think if Harvard can take some guys straight out of college...i am not discounting the fact that they are from a different league, I feel I have atleast 1 percent chance of getting into MFE.:)

I know my profile and application will be different than all the other applicants.

thanx crash...hit the nail right on the coffin.
However, I just think if Harvard can take some guys straight out of college...i am not discounting the fact that they are from a different league, I feel I have atleast 1 percent chance of getting into MFE.
I know my profile and application will be different than all the other applicants.

That's the spirit! Best of luck...Bring us good news...

thanx a lot!!!good luck to u too.

Hi
Anyone applying for the Hass MFE program for Spring 2009.

KINDLY REFER TO THREAD
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/career...ml#post1095782 (Financial engineering!)

AND UR PRECIOUS INFO THERE

WILL BE GRATEFUL TO U

THNX