Gyaan for MBA Abroad Junta....from a USEFI counsellor

here are a few pointers that were shared with me by a Counsellor at USEFI. She specializes in US admissions and has 15 years of experience in this field. 1. Do check your pocket before even thinking about applying or taking the GMAT. US educ…

here are a few pointers that were shared with me by a Counsellor at USEFI. She specializes in US admissions and has 15 years of experience in this field.

1. Do check your pocket before even thinking about applying or taking the GMAT. US education is a very costly business for middle class Indians.

2. Apply to universities based on your past academic records/ Test scores/ achievements. Do not have rosy dreams of applying and getting admitted at only the top 5 or top 10 universities. This approach usually backfires.

3. Get the student profiles, where they got admitted and contact information and try to contact current students at univs. This helps is getting information and some assessment.

4. Do NOT apply at more than 5 to 10 univs. Also do not apply to just 1-2 univs. There may be reasons beyond control why u got rejected.

5. Keep a follow up with the university after applying.

I have a lot more to share from this session, but i would advise you to meet USEFI counsellors as they have solid experience and unbiased approach. Moreover the advise is for FREE :))

here are a few pointers that were shared with me by a Counsellor at USEFI. She specializes in US admissions and has 15 years of experience in this field.

I have a lot more to share from this session, but i would advise you to meet USEFI counsellors as they have solid experience and unbiased approach. Moreover the advise is for FREE :))

Hanu Paaji, Aassi to hyd which hai... twadaa bahut changaa hogaa agar tussi saari jaankaari sade naal is thread par share karoge.

Thankx in Advance.
Azeem
Hanu Paaji, Aassi to hyd which hai... twadaa bahut changaa hogaa agar tussi saari jaankaari sade naal is thread par share karoge.

Thankx in Advance.
Azeem

Azeem! bhai quit your punjabi thing.
your punjabi is horrendous.....
spare us the agony ;-)

Kunal
Azeem! bhai quit your punjabi thing.
your punjabi is horrendous.....
spare us the agony ;-)

Kunal

Hukum Saar aankhon pe...

you got to complain about my urdu too

Azeem

hi,
Thanks for the pointers. Its really useful.
Regarding your 3rd point ("..Get the student profiles..") can you please let me know , if possible, where i can get the individual student profiles of a particular college i want to apply to? Not just the top 3 or 5 proifiles.

Thanks
HMG

1. Do check your pocket before even thinking about applying or taking the GMAT. US education is a very costly business for middle class Indians.

2. Apply to universities based on your past academic records/ Test scores/ achievements. Do not have rosy dreams of applying and getting admitted at only the top 5 or top 10 universities. This approach usually backfires.

3. Get the student profiles, where they got admitted and contact information and try to contact current students at univs. This helps is getting information and some assessment.

4. Do NOT apply at more than 5 to 10 univs. Also do not apply to just 1-2 univs. There may be reasons beyond control why u got rejected.

5. Keep a follow up with the university after applying.

Every school has student ambassadors, who help prospective students learn more about the schoool. You can contact one of these students and ask him /her to fwd you the student profiles. some schools have it listed in thier brochures as well..
Cheers,
inblue

hi ,
Thanks for the useful information. Is this person' (student ambassador) contact details
are there in college site. For ex if i want to the profiles of ISB students then where
i can find the detail of this student ambassador.?/

Thanks

HMG

Every school has student ambassadors, who help prospective students learn more about the schoool. You can contact one of these students and ask him /her to fwd you the student profiles. some schools have it listed in thier brochures as well..
Cheers,
inblue

Pls surf the ISB Site ..

ISB Admissions Staff
If you would like to get in touch with our admissions staff, email [email protected] or call +91 40 2318 7474

Student Task Force
The ISB's Student Task Force is a group of student volunteers who will be available to answer your queries. However, PGP 2005-06 batch of students have Graduated and the profiles of PGP 2006-07 students will be available during June 2006. Please bear with us until the profiles are updated.

inblue
s.

)

Hey i didnt understand the second point of your post.... about the number of universities to apply to...pl explain!