Group Discussion - How to turn the tide in you favour.

Hello Friends , now comes the time to polish your group discussion skills . Even if one hasn’t started preparing it from the beginning one can master it provided he or she is willing to . Let me share one topic which was given to our group . Topic…

Hello Friends , now comes the time to polish your group discussion skills . Even if one hasn't started preparing it from the beginning one can master it provided he or she is willing to . Let me share one topic which was given to our group . Topic was 'War is Peace '. It caught me off guard and i was numb for the first two minutes in which we had to think about the topic. Then suddenly came to my mind the name "Apple". That word was the game changer . I started correlating Apple with war is peace like this.
'We should not see this topic in terms of missiles and bullets there is also a business perspective attached to it ,for example Apple launched various products like i - Pad , i- pod ,i - phone one by one thereby unleashing a war on its competitors and ultimately bringing peace to competition.
Then i correlated Mahatma Gandhi with war is peace like this - Mahatma Gandhi unleashed a war of nonviolence against Britishers and ultimately forced them out of India and thereby bringing peace to whole Indian subcontinent .
So dear friends start correlating the given topic with other things around and once you try it for few times it will become your habbit to see things in whole rather than in isolation . Do try some other correlation for the above topic "War is Peace "
Best of Luck.
Please do visit other threads of mine - University Business School (Ludhiana ), MBA is not about packages alone

HAS IT REVOLUTION WIDENED THE GAP BETWEEN DEVELOPED AND DEVELOPING NATIONS??

National awards and politics in india.....

75 topics for gd and writing ability 1 Women make better managers than men 2 Advertisements are a waste of resources 3 Cinema is a threat to ethics 4 Privatization v/s nationalization 5 Role of UN in peacekeeping 6 Freshers are better than laterals 7 Should youth indulge in politics? 8 Consumer satisfaction should be achieved at any cost 9 Corruption is the main outcome of democracy 10 Honesty is the best policy 11 TV commercials should be banned 12 Efficiency and corruption go hand in hand 13 Globalization is a harm to Indian economy 14 Entrepreneurs are born not made 15 Ethics and profitability are contradicting philosophies 16 Work automation: good or bad 17 Higher education should be privatized 18 Educated Indians lack national commitment 19 Should engineers enroll for MBA 20 Technology creates income disparities 21 Should premarital sex be allowed? 22 Beauty contests degrade womanhood 23 Is MBA necessary to succeed in business? 24 Secularism has become a tool to justify wrong deeds of the minorities 25 Is the business of business only business? 26 Joint family is a blessing in disguise 27 Capital punishment should be abolished 28 There can never be a classless society 29 Education v/s literacy 30 Reality shows: fake or real? 31 One can make a difference 32 Presidential form of government needed in India 33 Linux v/s windows 34 Girls are good academicians 35 Quality is a myth in India 36 Classless society: a pipe dream 37 Advertising is all glitter and no gold 38 Corruption is the outcome of democracy in IndiaList of some tough GD topics39 Euthanasia: to do or not to do 40 The Nostradamus code 41 Growth and integrity are poles apart 42 International embargo: the US is going too far 43 Ends justify the means 44 The Hippocratic oath 45 Every cloud has a silver lining 46 Developing countries need trade not aid 47 Marxism and its future all over the world 48 Brain drain has to be stopped 49 Black- darkness or beam 50 Indian economy: old wine in new bottle 51 Roses are red, crows are black 52 Is philosophy just arm chair theory? 53 History repeats itself 54 Cultural invasion through the air waves 55 How to deal with international terrorism 56 The role of NGOs in economics and politics 57 When managers become HamletsList of some interesting GD topics 58 Nice guys finish last 59 Do beauty and brain go together? 60 Who is responsible for eve teasing: boys or girls 61 Money is the sixth sense 62 Arranged marriage v/s Love marriage 63 TV commercials should be banned 64 Why more girls choose human relations management 65 Is cloning of humans ethical? 66 Is greed an essential human quality? 67 Can international boundary be dissolved? 68 Delhi should not be the capital of India 69 Should businessman run the finance ministry? 70 Gambling should be legalized 71 Marriage is a social trap 72 Is love precious or poisonous? 73 Life is a chair 74 Does ghost exist? 75 Is God male?