Group Deal on Laptops for Bschool Junta

Hello people, We are trying to work out a group deal for all the PG Junta. Can you take a minute to fill up this form so that we know the kind of laptops you are looking for? URL: PaGaLGuY Survey: Group Deal on Laptops Once we h…

Hello people,

We are trying to work out a group deal for all the PG Junta. Can you take a minute to fill up this form so that we know the kind of laptops you are looking for?

URL: PaGaLGuY Survey: Group Deal on Laptops

Once we have the top models you guys are looking for, we'll talk to some vendors to provide you fantastic deals so that you can be tension free and get the best priced laptop as you enter your school.

Any questions? Please ask in this thread.

PS: Please share this thread, so that the group deal can be larger and the pricing can be lower

Am i the only one who's not able to access the survey??? Its askin for my PG ID, and then says wrong password!!!!

Need suggestion New Dell laptops

Hey puys,

I have been using Dell inspiron 1525 from last 5 years.
But it has issues like
1. it gets too hot
2. battery dies after a year
3. the touch pad ka coating kharab hone ke karan you have to buy a mouse

But I have heard the new Dell laptops like Vostro are good.
Whats your take? Is it true?

It is requested to indicate the weight also in the survey sheet of laptops, as it is a considerable factor for deciding the laptop.Thanks.

@pagalguy Please start a phone group deal too! Will buy one before the new session. mg

These are my shortlisted ones till now (40K +)

1)HP Pavilion G6-2320TX / Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graphics Memory/ 15.6 inch screen)/ ~ Rs 43000

2)HP Pavilion G6-2304TX / Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graphics Memory/ 15.6 inch screen) / ~ Rs 48000

3)Samsung NP350V5C-S02IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win7 HP/ 2GB Graph) (Titan Silver) / ~ Rs 42000

Puys let me know if you/your friend already owns one of these and have some pros/cons to share...or just comment in general mg

Guys I would like to buy laptop from the ultraseries.Suggest which is the best with graphic card and others.

Your B-School Laptop Budget (in rupees) ?

@pagalguy i have a laptop to share...

ASUS s550cm....high end lappy at 57000

Processor

Intel® Core™ i7 3537U /3517U Processor / Intel® Core™ i5 3317U Processor / Intel® Core™ i3 3217U /2365U Processor

Operating System

Windows 8 Pro Windows 8

Chipset

Intel® Chief River HM76 Express Chipset

Memory

DDR3 1600 MHz SD RAM, 2 x DIMM socket for expansion up to 8 GB SDRAM

Display

15.6" 16:9 HD (1366x768) LED Backlight Glare panel, Touchscreen

Graphic

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 635M with 2GB DDR3 VRAM

Storage

2.5" SATA 1TB 5400 + 24GB SSD Cache

Optical Drive

Super-Multi DVD

Card Reader

card reader ( SD )

Camera

HD Web Camera

Networking

Integrated 802.11 b/g/n Built-in Bluetooth™ V4.0 10/100/1000 Base T

Interface

1 x COMBO audio jack 1 x VGA port/Mini D-sub 15-pin for external monitor1 x USB 3.0 port(s) 2 x USB 2.0 port(s)1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert 1 x HDMI

Audio

Built-in Speakers And Microphone

Battery

4Cells 44 Whrs Polymer Battery

Power Adapter

Output :19 V DC, 3.42 A, 65 W Input :100 -240 V AC, 50/60 Hz universal

Dimensions

38.0 x 26.6 x 2.2 cm (WxDxH)

Weight

2.6 kg

Manufacturer Warranty

2-year limited International hardware warranty. *different by country1-year battery pack warranty On-line problem resolution through web interface (BIOS, Driver update)OS (Windows® 8 ) install/uninstall consultation Bundled software install/uninstall consultation ASUS software supporting

I want to buy a high end laptop. Can anyone suggest a good one? Also, what's the difference between an ultrabook, notebook and laptop? Which one is the best?

@pagalguy Based on the responses for the survey, kindly update us on the general inclination of buyers towards specific models/specifications and may be you can prune down the list to a final few models for people to provide you with a better focused response.

Guys, I'm working with a couple of people/companies to see what can be done. Just give me a week or so to start finalizing something. My only focus is on seeing what kind of a good deal we can pull off.

Some distributors are asking us for numbers of PCs we can help sell or the no of units per model and these are numbers we can't really guarantee to them. So we are seeing how to work around it and still get a fantastic price/bundle. I hope to have an announcement soon. Atleast to test the waters so that we can get more feedback from you guys on this
I have received a deal from a leading e-com site, but it wasn't good enough for us to back it. If the discounts are hardly significant, my guess is colleges can simply hound a distributor and get a good deal. But the ones offered by the e-com cos are turning out to be worse than what I can personally procure from a Lamington Road or Nehru Place.

However we are still working out with some other people (since the last couple of weeks) and should know more in another week or 10 days.

There is a delay in this by a few days because of the Mumbai Traders Strike against the LBT (Local Body Tax). Due to this strike, we aren't getting any pricing info. Also as soon as the strike ends the prices will remain high due to pent up demand.

So unless some miracle happens, there won't be any deals this week or the next. But we'll work throughout the week and next to see what we can line up.

Please see message of

PARIKSHIT1 10:39 AM, 08 May '13 at the link and comment on the price etc.IIM Udaipur PGP 2013-2015 Admission Notifications and Discussions : CAT & Related BSchools : PaGaLGuY Forums

Acer Gateway NE56R Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 320GB/ Win8) (NX.Y14SI.012) (Black)(Acer Branded Backpack )

A budget laptop with decent config. Can we work on a deal for something like this

if we have to buy a laptop through pagalguy do we have to present any proof like receipt to show that we are taking admission in a b-school 😐 @pagalguy

any pl guide me

my range is around 40000/+-2000
which is d best available options
pl help me

I am skeptical when it comes to life span of SSDs which might stop functioning at any point of time, atleast that's the case with earlier versions. Is there is any significant change in the life span of SSDs that these Ultrabooks (presently those in the market) offer?

any progress ???