Grenoble Ecole de Management, France - Queries

Hi friends, I have just joined MBA in Grenoble Ecole de Management, France. Anybody needs any kindda info feel free to contact me. :: cheers, Anshu.

Hi friends,

I have just joined MBA in Grenoble Ecole de Management, France.
Anybody needs any kindda info feel free to contact me.

cheers,
Anshu.

Thread title changed from the earlier "MBA in France" to specific "Grenoble Ecole de Management, France - Queries"

Hi Anshu,

Nice to know that you are doing your MBA.
Can you throw some light on the MIB programme what GGSB is fofering now.
There is a lot in FT notes about this MIB programme.
Can you find out more details on this on Placements and Reputation.

Thanks & Regards,
Suraj.

This is the business school with the coolest sounding name and that too located in the south of France. wow :smile:
Are there many Indians in your class? Do you need French to survive or just English and sign language would do?

Hi Gop1,
you are also planing to do in here...

Hi evolveinlife,
Can u pls share ur profile with us?
Grenoble mentions a minimum 3 yrs work ex requirement
but I heard that ppl with lesser work-ex r also considered?
And what about the MIB?
Can u please throw some light on the placement stats of MIB
grads?

Hi All,
Those who can give in more info on MIB Course pls do that at the earliest!

Regards, JF.

Hi evolveinlife,
Where have u disappeared after starting the thread urself....?
It would be great if u can share ur experiences @grenoble,so that
prospective applicants can get a better idea about the school...

Hi All, !!

I'm also joining the MBA class at Grenoble in the fall. Ironically, I was admitted into the MIB program from the onset but because of my work experience, all parties (myself included) thought the MBA program would be a better fit.

I saw some people were inquiring about the work experience necessary for the MBA program. Short answer is YES- you need it. However, the good news is the MIB program is designed for those who don't have work experience and the program is ranked highly (FT.)

If you all have any questions just ask. :)

(FYI- I'm American.)

Congrats! Now you guys are in Grenoble
Tell me something? How does doing MBA from Grenoble or any other French school like PGSM, Audencia etc. compared to 01 yr PGPX form IIM or ISB particularly in terms of future job prospects.
While answering you may also take the opportuniy cost factor into account as French MBAs usually start in Sept/Oct. full 6-7 months ahead of next IIM/ISB pgpx.

I hav 10+ yrs. quality exp. in procurement.
& i wish to work in India/Asia after my MBA. I'll be self sponsored.

There's a nice article on European job prospects in Business Week (16/5/07) which essentially re-confirms that MBA hiring is on the up in Europe. With that said, GGSB's hiring rates hover around 89% (within 3 months of graduation), and starting salary averages are on par with the rest of Europe.

In terms of finding work in India in the 2nd year, your guess is as good as mine. It would be good to contact some students who are at the tail end of the program now and see how they fared. However, over half of GGSB students end up working in the EU so...

Can anybody answer this query please. How does doing MBA from Grenoble or any other French school like PGSM, Audencia etc. fare compared to 01 yr PGPX form IIM or ISB particularly in terms of future job prospects.

While answering you may also take the opportuniy cost factor into account as French MBAs usually start in Sept/Oct. full 6-7 months ahead of next IIM/ISB pgpx.

I hav 10+ yrs. quality exp. in procurement.
& i wish to work in India/Asia after my MBA. I'll be self sponsored.
Thx

Hi evolveinlife,
Can u pls share ur profile with us?
Grenoble mentions a minimum 3 yrs work ex requirement
but I heard that ppl with lesser work-ex r also considered?
And what about the MIB?
Can u please throw some light on the placement stats of MIB
grads?

Hey I'm considering the MIB too. I found the answer to your question abour placement here:

Master in International Business at GGSB questions and answers written by ex-students for prospective students
Hi All,
Those who can give in more info on MIB Course pls do that at the earliest!

Regards, JF.

Seems like this resource is good for peeps like me thinking about MIB:

Master in International Business Grenoble - Photos, videos, essays from former MIB student

Examples of coursework done on the program:

Essays, reports and presentations from a former student of the MIB at Grenoble Graduate Business School

Questions and answers about the program:

Master in International Business at GGSB questions and answers written by ex-students for prospective students

There is even photos and videos from the program on there:

Grenoble MIB: MIB21 Group A photos - Master in International Business programme at Grenoble Graduate School of Business
Videos from students on the Master in International Business program at GGSB

This makes its easier to know more about the MIB program from a student perpective rather just "official" info which on the GGSB website or in the FT...

hi i m interested in mib 09
i wanna ask that what r the chances of re applying for the jan 10 session one you hav applied for the sep 09
u suggest ....

HI
I m looking forward to ggsb mib 2010 jan intake..kindly guide..2 yrs work exp...

hi all...
i'm thinking about applying for the MIB program at Grenoble... I'd like to know more about this program, especially a student's perspective... how are the returns after joining this course, is it possible to find employment in india afterwards, and whether it makes a difference which campus you pursue this course from..
I haven't made my decision yet, and would like someone to respond asap, coz i'm planning on applying for the jan 2010 intake...

Hi Friends,
I got an offer for MBA Sept 2011 from GGSB on Jan 25, 2011.
I have few questions and if anyone have any opinion. Please reply:

About 2nd year project etc. What would you suggest. Shall I take Leave without Pay or resign from my company. I am working as Consultant at Capgemini, Mumbai and I will have 6.5 years of work Ex. by Sept 2011 intake.

I would be humbled if you can comment on job scenario at France and 2nd year income during the Project etc (I do not belong to the rich family you see).

Looking forward desperately to your reply.
-Anks

Hi Anks,
I joined GGSB MBA in Sept 2010

If you are planning to come back to India "Leave without pay" is a good option.
But if you are good in french and could pull some strings around , you can enter Capgemini in France though it is very difficult.

2nd yr internships range from 1000 to 1500 euros which is enough for basic needs.

Thanks
Shishir