Great Lakes Patriots!!: The class of 2010

Hi All, I am starting a new thread for the batch of 2010, the patriots…congratulations to everybody who has made it…and all the best to the people who are waitlisted…and those who didnt make it, dont lose heart coz something bette…

Hi All,

I am starting a new thread for the batch of 2010, the patriots.....congratulations to everybody who has made it......and all the best to the people who are waitlisted....and those who didnt make it, dont lose heart coz something better awaits you....request you guys to post your profile info such as CAT/GMAT score, work ex, company job, male/female...you can also network with others and let people know your final decision too....

Patriots, ROCK ON!!!

TBM,

I ve been waitlisted.....
read the mail tat th selected candidates ve received.... goin by tat, ll th next list of selected candidates b out by th 8th or somethin?!?!!?

is ter anythin else tat th waitlisted candidates should do in th mean time?!?!

Could you please tell how many recruiters you have observed do far in 2009. Any more in pipeline?

Hi All,

I am starting a new thread for the batch of 2010, the patriots.....congratulations to everybody who has made it......and all the best to the people who are waitlisted....and those who didnt make it, dont lose heart coz something better awaits you....request you guys to post your profile info such as CAT/GMAT score, work ex, company job, male/female...you can also network with others and let people know your final decision too....

Patriots, ROCK ON!!!

Made it...

Gmat: 700
Work Ex: 2.5 years in IT
Male
Company: Wipro Pune
BE from Thapar Institute, Patiala
Decent Acads and Extra Curriculars

@TB
Can you let us know when will we have to pay the next installment,
i ask this cos i am awaiting other results too..
and going by last year thread people who opted out were refunded 40K, inspite of initial communication of no refund for 50k ..
will we be refunded anything if we decide otherwise?

Regards
I thank, as profusely as the purportedly most capable of the anthropoids' mind can conceive of, the universe (am a Spinozist) for this beneficence to me!
I thank my recommenders too, but for whose unstinted effort in selling this mudbrick to GLIM, this miracle could not possibly have happened!
I thank also the blessedman, the monk and Gauril for their patience in answering the crappiest questions, the classy aplomb they displayed in defending GLIM from the most caustic of vitriols slyly spewed ironically on an institution rooted perhaps the most firmly in ethics and good-will in India.
I thank also all those whose posts here in PG have helped me all along with the information they carried in them, but for which my journey thus far could have been much more tiresome.
And I thank my interviewers (do not know their names) for their kindness in letting this ragamuffin step into and walk in the pristine corridors of the 'Great Lakes Institute of Management' hallowed heretofore by the toil and will to success of hundreds of my seniors, and will only hereafter add to their sanctity by the new dreams and new wills of the students yet to be!
I am proud to say that I have got initiated today into the 'Order of GreatLakers'!!
Gnaeus!

GMAT : 680 / AWA : 5.5
Work ex: 4+ Years (IT and retail banking)
Company : Fortune 500
Intl work ex : Tokyo / Singapore
B.E (Computers) : Acads Avg
Extra Curri : Decent

Decision : Will take up the offer

Other converts : Lancaster, SPJCM, LEEDS, EDINBURGH, HULT, Few wait lists

Considering my career aspiration (Consulting), ROI, Placements stats and schools future potential (I have consulted several experts and ppl who really matter in the field of management and thy have very strong feed back bout the school), I am taking up offer from GLIM..

whew Gnaeus! that was an epitome of suave words flowing in signifying an embodiement intellectuality... 😃 all the same if wud be much more heloful if u cud post ur profile..... i am in too and hve already posted my profile in the other thread. I come from the same org as urs

shwetha

My profile:

98.6, 5 years IT, Male, Decent extracurriculars & Acads.

Can we be given some account number, into which money can directly be transfered. Otherwise lot of manual work will be involved.

Here goes my profile

CAT08-96.25
GMAT-700
Applied through - CAT
Workex- 3 yrs
Organization - European Space Agency
Role- Navigation Consultant(Working on ground segment)
Location - London
Qualification- B.E(Comp. Sc.)
Decision- Joining

Other calls- IMT-G, IMI Delhi, TAPMI,MICA, K J Somaiya, Nirma

99.32/3+yrs/IT/acads n extracurrics - not singlemalt but definitely Scottish:p

decision: confused:confused:

CAT: 95.48
work-ex: 2.5 yrs in IT
Decent acads and extra curriculars

Awaiting my waitlist number.:crazyeye:

whew Gnaeus! I come from the same org as urs
shwetha

:thumbsup: Cheers Shwetha! Congratulations to you!

Between, are you sure we are from the same org.? Do we know each other??:tellme::tellme:

Can somebody throw some light on placement of batch 2008-2009?

Is the foreign trip mandatory........part of the curriculum ??

My profile Cat 97.3/38 months of full time IT Work ex/Decent Extracurr....

Regards

260 congratulations to the selected.
Overseas study trip is optional . One is free to stay back in India and do alternate worthwhile activities.

Is the foreign trip mandatory........part of the curriculum ??

My profile Cat 97.3/38 months of full time IT Work ex/Decent Extracurr....

Regards

No Sir. AFAIK, the foreign trip last year was a 45 student affair out of the 162 batch, with our very own TBM and the monk innit too, if I'm not mistaken...:-)

Hope this clarifies...Others might want to add in some more points.

I am in......thnx seniors esp TBM.....

Has everyone recieved the mail...???

Hello everybody

First of all let me congratulate everyone who got a call (including me:)....then I would like to thank TBM, AM, gauril for helping us out with their prompt responses to our ever-increasing queries.....

I have a doubt....it has been mentioned in the welcome mail that one has to pay 50,000 before 7th March and this amount is non-refundable....but I have heard that the Supreme Court had passed a law an year back which states that no educational institution can hold back more than Rs. 5000 (or something similar) if a candidate withdraws before a particular date.....so i am confused....inputs?

Please consider this as just a query, not targeted towards the insitute or anybody else.....thanks