Great Lakes Institute of Management - Admissions

Fellow PGs, I had applied to the Great Lakes Institute of Management , Chennai and I have been offered admisison. My GD/PI was scheduled on the 12th of Feb. The institute follows “rolling admission”. The applicants could apply with their…

Fellow PGs,

I had applied to the Great Lakes Institute of Management , Chennai and I have been offered admisison.

My GD/PI was scheduled on the 12th of Feb. The institute follows "rolling admission". The applicants could apply with their CAT or GMAT score or opt for the GLIM entrance test. I applied using my CAT score (96.4 Percentile)

There were around 50 applicants on that day and we were divided into groups of 10. Our's was the first batch.

The GD started at 9 in the morning. The GD was moderated by one IIM A alumini. The topic was "Is there hope for India ? ". The GD was excellent with active participation from every member. The GD lasted 20 minutes.

Had to wait for some time for my PI. The panel has 3 members, one from the industry, another from the faculty and one from the admissions comittee whom I presume to be a student.

The asked me questoins relating to my work (Software and before that BPO). The most challenging situation at work, how do you deal with people, team work, why team work is essential, who does a CEO exist, the flow of the product in my company ...

The application form contained some desciptive questions. Questions were also based from those essays. The interview lasted around 30 minutes.

The next stage was meeting the deputy dean. He had the interview and GD performance sheet and also the sealed Reco. letters. He asked a few questions like why MBA ? How does it help you ... He then read the Reco letters. He then said that the results will be communicated by the end of Feb.

I got my admit letter on the 19 of Feb and was asked to pay a refundable registratin fee of 10 K.

The placements there have been really good with companies like HCL, Infy, Gosrej, Essar, HDFC, IDBI, Satyam visiting the campus.

The next batch starts on the 21st of April.

Vijai

Could someone also share their interview experiences.. I am shooting for the Apr 2 slot..

- T'Blazer.

Vijai

I think I was in the feb 12th gd/pi that you had attended. I was offered admn on Mar 12th. Ofcourse with a disclaimer on placements. Have to decide by tue. What do you feel about their site not providing any official info on placements etc...? What is the elimination process.... how do they decide on admns even before the final call date is over? what if they get better students later??!! selections seems to be sort of fishy, i guess.

If you remember I think I met you at the reception on Mar 12th. Do you feel its a good course? - and value for money, they seem to be next only to ISB in this. Also had you applied for loan? Is the process helped by glim?

Vijai

I think I was in the feb 12th gd/pi that you had attended. I was offered admn on Mar 12th. Ofcourse with a disclaimer on placements. Have to decide by tue. What do you feel about their site not providing any official info on placements etc...? What is the elimination process.... how do they decide on admns even before the final call date is over? what if they get better students later??!! selections seems to be sort of fishy, i guess.

If you remember I think I met you at the reception on Mar 12th. Do you feel its a good course? - and value for money, they seem to be next only to ISB in this. Also had you applied for loan? Is the process helped by glim?

Hi!!

Sorry for the delayed reply. Saw the post only now. And by this time you would have decided regd your admission. rite ?

The info on placements will be up only after the whole process is completed. And that is the normal procedure followed in any b school. So we can expect the details once the batch graduates.

The institute follows the "Rolling admission" process as in the US univs. Nothing wrong with it. From what I heard from the present batch, the course is also really good. The excellent placements the inst. has achieved indicates that it is worth.

Regd loan, GLIM helps in getting an education loan. It is mentioned in the prospectus also.

Am really sorry that I could not reply early. And keep me updated regd your status.

Vijai
Could someone also share their interview experiences.. I am shooting for the Apr 2 slot..

- T'Blazer.

Hi TB,
u still on fr 2nd? guess i'll b seein u there...:)
BTW, any idea abt GD too? all the best

Cheers

Mrudula
Hi TB,
u still on fr 2nd? guess i'll b seein u there...:)
BTW, any idea abt GD too? all the best

Cheers

Mrudula

Mrudula.. I was planning for Apr 2nd.. but, applied for Mar 26th slot.. I attended the GD/PI and got the offer for admission.. I will be taking up the admission.. the details are in the other post for GLIM.. GD is not that difficult.. But, in PI you should show the clarity of thought in applying for MBA at this juncture..

-T'Blazer.
GD is not that difficult.. But, in PI you should show the clarity of thought in applying for MBA at this juncture..

-T'Blazer.

Gotcha......yeah,hv this gut feeling that its a def qstn fr me . Am prepared fr it...coz i been busy convincing loads of peepl( bth at office n home) and regdg the same .

Mrudula
Gotcha......yeah,hv this gut feeling that its a def qstn fr me . Am prepared fr it...coz i been busy convincing loads of peepl( bth at office n home) and regdg the same .

Mrudula

No need to do any guess work, yaar.. It is a sure shot question and be prepared for that.. Again, the clarity and your post-MBA career goals are more important.. I mean, you should show how an MBA will add value to you.. All the best !!!! :)

- T'Blazer.