Great Lakes Inst Of Mgmt

hey mba aspirants its been 2 months now tht the classed at Great Lakes Institute of Management , Chennai has commenced classes. I dont know how many of you ppl have even heard of this inst, but from the inputs what i have got, ppl tell me tha…

hey mba aspirants

its been 2 months now tht the classed at Great Lakes Institute of Management , Chennai has commenced classes. I dont know how many of you ppl have even heard of this inst, but from the inputs what i have got, ppl tell me that it has been much better than what was expected of it in the very first year. Prof Bala Balchandran, one of the well known mba greats spearheads this institute.
As of now, they are operating in a 3 storey building in the city limits.
3 months back, the vp-mktg had come to our college (psgcas coimbatore) to market glim and told us that "amma" (jayalalitha) has sanctioned a couple of acres on old mahabalipuram road and the infrastructure should be ready in 2 yrs..
at present, i have 3 friends studying there but rarely able to get in tuch with them. whenver i call them, they are busy with some or the other assignemt (like every bschool stud)
the fees is 3.25 lakhs i guess... and they are trying hard to get on the top of the list of best bschools and par to isb..
i am seriously looking at giving a shot to this inst next year...
but before this i would like to have some sort of feedback from guys who know, heard abt this school..

awaiting replies..

cheers
abi

Wait until end of placement season. If the proof of the pudding is in the eating, that of a Bschool is in the placement/alumni network. As somebody said "Its not what u know but who u know that matters" :wink: While alumni network will take time to build, u will know the placement stats by March by when u can decide. Best get in touch with students there to get a pulse of the place.

hey asok

thnx man

n e one else who can pour in some reviews

Hi guys...
i'd read abt this institute in BT last year. as per their report he is a very capable person and wants to provide quality management education at par with IBS, hyderabad and that too at the nrmal cost(1-1.5 lakh per annum).....lets see wht happens...see ya....

Can anybody plz pour in more info.?? I mean whtz happening in this institute right now.....about its website and admissions this yr.....

check out the thread

http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/viewtopic.php?t=6944

hi,
The first placement season of GLIM has begun and many big names are expected to be coming ( McKenzie, National Kidney Foundation ..). It offers a one year course . It was started by Bala Balachander on the lines of ISB. It will be moving into a new campus by next year or so. The fees are also expected to increase drastically over the next few years

The placements have started at GLIM. HCL was the first company to visit the campus and offer was made to 4 students. Regd salary, freshers were offered 4.5 lpa while for exp. it has varied from 5.5 to 7.

Seems Satyam and Infy are visiting the campus this week.

Vijai

hola!
I attended an event arranged by glim and prof Bala was there. I beleive there gonna hav xchange programs nall this year.

But iam not clear still about the degree ...is it AICTE recognized? who back up the degree? is it the same as a dgree frm stuart school or what?

Placements? r they foreign . i mean it is a foreign redongnized degree.....

how bout living i heard theve arranged a hostel in the near vicinity ? how is it ? single , sharing etc?

what bout faculty? i mean sure its great to have world renowed faculty (visiting) , but what bout permanent?

and can some one tell me bout preferance for workex ? iam a freasher. 😞
can some soul shed some light on these topics...

danku.

adios.

what's the second deadline?dont we have 2 get recommendation letters?anybody who's filled up the form,do fill in.also isnt it categorically stated that only under certain circumstances freshers will be considered.what about the last year batch profile.last yr if u were the college topper u could claim a seat .

nivedita Says
what's the second deadline?dont we have 2 get recommendation letters?anybody who's filled up the form,do fill in.also isnt it categorically stated that only under certain circumstances freshers will be considered.what about the last year batch profile.last yr if u were the college topper u could claim a seat .

Nivedita, the second deadline is Feb 28th. We have to get 2 reco. letters. The appln form has a few questions to be answered by the person giving the reco. Work Ex is preferred but not mandatory.

Guys,
which exam does GLIM consider...CAT, XAT or GMAT?
Also what chance does a guy with a good CAT n MAT score (no sectionals plz!), pathetic acads and decent extracurriculars stand for GLIM?
I think the brand equity of Prof Bala shall alone carry the insti some distance...

Guys,
which exam does GLIM consider...CAT, XAT or GMAT?
Also what chance does a guy with a good CAT n MAT score (no sectionals plz!), pathetic acads and decent extracurriculars stand for GLIM?
I think the brand equity of Prof Bala shall alone carry the insti some distance...

AFAIK, GLIM considers either of these - CAT,GMAT or their own test GET

Have herard that currently the infra. is BAD.....but within 2-3 yrs they r shifting to an ultra modrn campus...but then who cares after 2-3 yrs ;-)

word of caution - application fees - Rs. 2000 + 600

enjoi
mik

word of caution - application fees - Rs. 2000 + 600

mik

GUESS THEY SHOULD RENAME THE INSTI the great loot institute of mgmt :grab:
vipinvn Says
GUESS THEY SHOULD RENAME THE INSTI the great loot institute of mgmt :grab:

Even for US univs...most of the univs have their application fees
Dunno wats GLIM upto?
http://www.businessworldindia.com/june1404/indepth03.asp

hope this helps

..and atlast a decent MBA insti worth its name in CHennai and TN

any news bout placements? when r they supposed to be over, so that we get a clear pic?

Even for US univs...most of the univs have their application fees
Dunno wats GLIM upto?

OOPs!!!!- What do they think of MBA aspirants
The placements have started at GLIM. HCL was the first company to visit the campus and offer was made to 4 students. Regd salary, freshers were offered 4.5 lpa while for exp. it has varied from 5.5 to 7.

Seems Satyam and Infy are visiting the campus this week.

Vijai

Hello Mr. Vijay..
Can you pls throw some light on GET of GLIM?
What are the sections does the exam contains? Pls make a comparision with that of CAT?
It seems that there would be many Permutations & Combinations & Probability questions, these are the 2 areas in which i am not very strong.
What is the kind of score one must get in this exam to get qualified for GD?
Will GD be a Case Study?
Pls provide me all the details..
I'll be glad to you if you can do it for me.

Thank You..