Great Lakes GD/PI

Hi All, As the Great Lakes dates(of 2007) of GD/PI are approaching, I thought of starting a thread for all the aspirants. Given the fact that the intake of Great Lakes is based on the overall personality of the aspirant, it is very important …

Hi All,

As the Great Lakes dates(of 2007) of GD/PI are approaching, I thought of starting a thread for all the aspirants. Given the fact that the intake of Great Lakes is based on the overall personality of the aspirant, it is very important for us all to discuss about the topics interviewed on. Pls share your gd/pi experiences here....

~FnS

As far as I remember, my gd topic was a general one - 'Corruption'. Had all chances of being turned into a fish market, but at last it was a very well organised gd.
Interview was all abt work ex work ex work ex.... clarity on career goals...

Hi All,
I got through Great lakes last year and got it deferred due to a few personal reasons.So I am all set to join this April.
Regarding the GD topic...it was" The high salaries being given to the IIM grads-is it justifiable and sustainable". It went off very well I must say.
There were about 10 ppl in the group.Initially we were just asked to give a small introduction and then a couple of mins to think and then it took off......everyone articulated well and came up with relevant fact and figures...it wasnt a fish market scenario at all....It was a healthy discussion...lotsa cross questioning types...it ended also on a good note...On the whole I felt it depends on the entire group where they are heading and in which direction they steer it...Will post my interview experience soon!
All the best to everyone apping!

My queries:
1) What was duration og GD?
2) Was the GD being moderated?
3) How many ppl would be there on interview panel?

cheers
rohit

how are the interviews conducted... is it group interview or personal....
also, how many rounds of interviews they have and with how many people in the panel?

Thanks
Ashish

Hi All,
I got through Great lakes last year and got it deferred due to a few personal reasons.So I am all set to join this April.
Regarding the GD topic...it was" The high salaries being given to the IIM grads-is it justifiable and sustainable". It went off very well I must say.
There were about 10 ppl in the group.Initially we were just asked to give a small introduction and then a couple of mins to think and then it took off......everyone articulated well and came up with relevant fact and figures...it wasnt a fish market scenario at all....It was a healthy discussion...lotsa cross questioning types...it ended also on a good note...On the whole I felt it depends on the entire group where they are heading and in which direction they steer it...Will post my interview experience soon!
All the best to everyone apping!

LadyLuck,

If I am not wrong you will be required to go through the Personal interview round again along with next batch of students.

Soul of change,
Even if I have to go through one more round,that is not a problem as far as its not an elimination...for the simple reason that I have paid my initial installment and am serving my notice period...Are you also a deferred admit?
nd btw lets restict this thread for the GD/PI discussions and not get into any specific queries.You can PM me for that.My intention was just to help out ppl here:)

Thanks Fast n Steady that was the need of the hour - a friend of mine came across a similar topic - it sez "An honest politician is an Oxymoron!" Folks why don't we start discussing!

now a days all colleges are moving for case studies ,wat do u thnk case study might be there or not. I suppose case study should take over normal known topics wat all the seniors feel there......

Sorry to butt in ... but this thread is in the wrong section. It should be in the CAT and related discussions section. Request the thread starter to PM one of the mods to do the needful.

-
Bugs

how are the interviews conducted... is it group interview or personal....
also, how many rounds of interviews they have and with how many people in the panel?

Thanks
Ashish

personal interview... the pannel wud depend... we will have some uniqeness in the pannel this yr... we will let u know once u r here...
amitbhaddur Says
now a days all colleges are moving for case studies ,wat do u thnk case study might be there or not. I suppose case study should take over normal known topics wat all the seniors feel there......

Studies @ Great Lakes are completely based on case studies... but what we try to measure in a potential candidate comes from the process and the assoiated grading we follow...so...

~FnS

hey there, thanks for the info so far....any idea what could eb the cutooff thisyear..?

usacharya Says
hey there, thanks for the info so far....any idea what could eb the cutooff thisyear..?

only gd-pi preps... nothing else pls... move ur query to the other threads

how many groups were made for GD/PI. Is there any group Interview also like SPJ

gn24028 Says
how many groups were made for GD/PI. Is there any group Interview also like SPJ

matlaab???????? the no. of groups would depend on the interview shortlists... no group interview... only pi

Guys!

Last year for my GD there were 8 candidates and 2 obserers (faculty / student).

Topic was : "Objectivity! What is it?"

The candidates were sensible enough to allow others to make their points and it was really good. We had to give conclusio.

We did one mistake, we didn't listen to the faculty while he said the topic and for most part of the discussion we were not aligned to the topic. We had to do some damage control after that - it was also fun. :)

PI - was for more than 45 minutes - man was grilled. Prepare well, your profile,your UG course work, current work everything will be questioned.

....will post more...soon...

c ya
Cheers
Srivathsan
ADCOM

Guys!

Last year for my GD there were 8 candidates and 2 obserers (faculty / student).

Topic was : "Objectivity! What is it?"

The candidates were sensible enough to allow others to make their points and it was really good. We had to give conclusio.

We did one mistake, we didn't listen to the faculty while he said the topic and for most part of the discussion we were not aligned to the topic. We had to do some damage control after that - it was also fun. :)

PI - was for more than 45 minutes - man was grilled. Prepare well, your profile,your UG course work, current work everything will be questioned.

....will post more...soon...

c ya
Cheers
Srivathsan
ADCOM

Hi,

Basically interested to know the seats:shortlisted candidates ratio.

Suhasini

hi i got shortlisted,
Seniors please help with additional info