Great Lakes GD PI preperation 2008

Hi all, Congrats to all ppl who made it through the first round!!! Way to go puys… :: Now is the time u need to prepare for GD/ PI and thats exactly the reason why this new thread. We shall be discussing GD topics of pa…

Hi all,

Congrats to all ppl who made it through the first round!!!!!!!! Way to go puys........

Now is the time u need to prepare for GD/ PI and thats exactly the reason why this new thread.

We shall be discussing GD topics of past year here and all the shortlisted candidates can use this thread to dicuss the same. Obviously u can discuss other hot topics too.....

So all u shortlisted junta , get your hands dirty here.......and ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!

Hi all,

Congrats to all ppl who made it through the first round!!!!!!!! Way to go puys........

Now is the time u need to prepare for GD/ PI and thats exactly the reason why this new thread.

We shall be discussing GD topics of past year here and all the shortlisted candidates can use this thread to dicuss the same. Obviously u can discuss other hot topics too.....

So all u shortlisted junta , get your hands dirty here.......and ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!

i made it for gd/pi . whats the gd/pi last year like

Hi friends

My name is there in the list.:smile:

I have few doubts. That list includes many names. How much is total intake of the college?

Who else are from bangalore are here?

Hi friends

I have few doubts. That list includes many names. How much is total intake of the college?

Hi Puys,
Best wishes to all the guys not short listed.

And Congratulations to all the shortlisted guys!
Prepare for the GD/PIs!!
Cheers!

Can we have short profiles of all the puys shotlisted?

Myself:

GMAT: 650/5.5
Work ex: 3.5 years in IT
Commerce Grad, Average acads, decent extra curriculars
Interview Location: Kolkata

Hi friends

Hi there,

Congrats first.........the total intake is going to be 165 so dont sweat about the number of students who have been shortlisted.All the best for the next round.....

Cheers
What in general should we prepare for the GD/PI round?

Hi all,

I would like to create some order here so that all the shortlisted junta can makes the best of this thread. All the puys who got shortlisted can use this space to network with each other ( only if u want to!).

Secondly i or any of my batchmates will mention a topic which was given to us in our GDs. You people can discuss those topics here so that u can have an idea.However there are no guarantees that these are the kind of topics which will be given this year.......ultimately u need to prepare for worst and hope for best!!:wink:

Also as placements are lined up its possible we guys are not around for some days ......in those days kindly discuss some hot topics which u guys think is pertinent.

The topic which was given for discussion in my G.D was

Are Stock Markets investment hubs or Gambling Dens?

Kindly discuss this and hopefully tomorrow i shall give you another topic. Btw the idea is to get a comprehensive overview about the issue.......hope u puys succeed!

Cheers

Hi
I have made it to the next round....
but the GD PI starts very early next week for the chennai guys..

My Profile.
GMAT : 650 /5(Essay)
Xth : 81
XII : 91
BE : 81

Working in software industry from JUL 2004.

Anybody from Chennai please contact me..

Regards
Sathya

Hi guy,
Glad to see my name in the list.

Congrats to all those who were selected
All the Best to all MBA aspirants

I am from Hyderabad

My Profile.
CAT: 99.2 (QA:99.23, DI:99.93, VA:14.83:-()
Xth : 78 %
XII : 91 %
BTech : 86 %

Working in software industry from Oct 2006 .

I have got the call. Just 1 more week for preparation. Seniors can any one share your GD/PI experience. Please help.

hi...

got the call,finally!!! form no 8234!

so,does glakes give stress on abstract topics ,factual or business scenario/case studies!

seniors ,please help!!!

ATB

I dont think it is gambling...reason you buy stock depending on

1. company's performance
2. management and transparency
3. P/E
4. Future plans
5. Its standing in industry and comparisons with peers...

in gambling its not like this

hi vry1,i hv also been shortlisted..congrats 2 all the guys who r shortlisted..well as far as the GD topic goes...i think life itself is a gambling n every venture has its pros n cons..its all upto our own perception of things..so 4 sm stock mrkts r meant to b an investment hub n for sm its a gambling den..in da end of the day whether u succeed in it or nt is wat matters..for very few it is a gamling den.. 4 most it s jus an inv. hub..

hie puys.....

i also gt thru ... frm delhi....

congrts to all who made it n besties for oders for oder results...

Gambling is a process where all the outcomes are equally likely, you put your money and rest all depends on destiny whereas in stock markets its all a game of demand and Supply, you do your analysis maybe Fundamental or Technical and expect the market to perform accordingly.

well about the topic...

well stock markets... it depends on the perspective of the person who is thinking and analysing... for some person who has made a great profit, for him that stock market is an investment hub, but for a person who lost his whole umpire in the stock market, for him, they are surely the gambling dens...
well if a person has a fair knowldege of the market and the industry, and has studied the trends of variations of the market... he willl always invest in the stocks which are gonna rise in near futture or which are safe stocks... but people who think that stock market is the instant money making factory, for them, depending on the luck, they might lose and might gain as well....so dat becomes the gambling den... :)

wat say puys....

Seniors,

Apart from discussing some general GD topics, plz throw some light on following issues,

1) How shud one behave in GD or give some GD tips to get thro' as u all might underwent d same.

2) Regarding interviews - is stress interview kinda thing is thr - shud one be strong in his academics - wat r d type of general interview questions are asked or bascially wat does Great lakes look for from an aspirant.

Thnx in advance,
Rgds,
Suren

Hello,

I have been shortlisted.

My profile:

GMAT: 710/5.0
B.E.: 74%
XII: 73%
X: 74%

Work Ex.: 2 Yrs in IT.

Congrats to the other call getters and thanks to the experts for starting this thread.

~ Sunil.