Great Lakes Batch 2009

This is for all those folks who are gonna join *Great Lakes Institute of Management Batch 2008 - 2009 Final Call List - http://www.glakes.org/downloads/PGPM2009_FinalList.pdf *

This is for all those folks who are gonna join Great Lakes Institute of Management

Batch 2008 - 2009

Final Call List -
http://www.glakes.org/downloads/PGPM2009_FinalList.pdf

Hi Everyone,

I have also made it.

Second convert for me. First one being SCMHRD. Had to give up SCMHRD because of personal reasons...

Am glad to have made it this far.

Lets begin with introductions :-
Rohit Menon
Senior Officer,
Plant Engineering,
Asian Paints Ltd.
Mumbai Plant.

B.E. Mechanical - 2005 Batch - Mumbai University.

Looking forward to major in Operations.

Hi Everyone,

I have also made it.

Second convert for me. First one being SCMHRD. Had to give up SCMHRD because of personal reasons...

Am glad to have made it this far.

Thats one hell of a season............i doubt im gonna have the privelege of meeting you at Great Lakes.

Hey count me in.........
cya all at Great Lakes

MenRoh Says
Thats one hell of a season............i doubt im gonna have the privelege of meeting you at Great Lakes.

Thanxs a lot dude....

Here's my profile

Analyst at a Bulge Bracket Investment Bank- Currently into structured finance.

B.Tech IIT Kharagpur Class of 2005

I have barged in as well...
Name no 26... Kamal Melwani....

CAT 07 -- 98.40 DI--99 QA--93 VARC--90

My 4th convert of the season... 3 being international ones... but I will stick to GLakes as the US market is on shaky grounds... Can't risk ma career and money over there... btw.. GMAT -- 700.

Work-ex -- Software analyst and PLM consultant at Geometric Ltd for the last 2.5Yrs...

Elex engineer from TSEC (MU) batch 2005.... not Manchester United 😉 but Mumbai University...

Congrats to all admits....
Cheers!!!

Me in too

Vishal Verma
Software Engineer
Infosys Technologies Ltd
Work ex 30 months in ERP
B.E From BMSCE B'lore, VTU

CAT07 98.99
DI:99.25,QA:91.57,VA:95.34

I have created an orkut community for the 2008-09 batch pls join :

http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=46503845&refresh;=1

Thrilled to the core

Hi

Shwetha here... i too made...! here goes my profile....

GMAT 680, my second convert .....first being SP Jain Dubai... ...

Infosys Technology: 3.5 years exp.

any gals looking for acco....do lemme know :grin: and contact me at

cheers
shwetha

HI guys,

I am in... Yaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy It was a long long long wait for me since morning...

NAme : Hemanth Kaushik
Work-ex : 3 years in GIS Consulting with Infotech Enterprises Ltd.
GMAT : 720

Had a great interview and GD at hyderabad. Was really positive about this result..

You may PM me for my e-mail id.. lets get in touch guys !!!

All the Best..

Hi puys,

This is Pradeep from Chennai. I am thru too..

4 yrs in CTS & TCS combined.

Anna university, ECE 2004 batch.

Hi puys,

This is Pradeep from Chennai. I am thru too..

4 yrs in CTS & TCS combined.

Anna university, ECE 2004 batch.

Count me in..............

4.5 Yrs IT.............
Extremely Happy........

Ppl lets start a Orkut group what say??

Have created a group in orkut pls join:

http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=46503845&refresh;=1

people!
got through!

however, im still wondering whether i should take up the offer.
does anybody have a real idea about the placements. i mean something different from the website?? a friend of mine i talked to said that IIMA this year had absolutely dismal placements (his bro is from IIMA, so the info is kinda accurate). So whats the scene like at Glakes actually?!?

jomster

hiiii
me to berthed in...nice to find my name in the list...infact the first for the season....
but am not sure whether i will be joining...i mean plenty of results to follow.. moreso because of my inclination for a two yr program...

people!
got through!
however, im still wondering whether i should take up the offer.
So whats the scene like at Glakes actually?!?
jomster

hey jomster...
in the same shoes man...me too wondering whether it would be wise to go for glakes or not??? well, i talked to few of my college seniors ( 5 to be very precise ) who passed out from glakes this year... and from what i told and what i heard....cuts a sorry picture of glakes...barring one of them ( who got placed for a ctc of 16 lakhs + a very good profile ) rest all had a dismal performance..infact two of them even after majoring in finance had to settle for a job in Marketing ( ctc of 8 lakhs ) and the rest also had nearly the same fate... well, these facts prompts me to reconsider my decision...neways, still in a dilemma... hoping for the best...

Congratulations everybody

Computer Engineer
Telecom Industry
4 Years
GMAT:-710

Am very happy on the result.
Other converts :- USC Marshall, Smith, HKU

I would prefer Great Lakes over others because the returns on investment are great. India economy is on a upward trend and US is nearing recession. It would be benifitial, doing MBA from great lakes in long run.

Does anybody have any idea on when the classes would begin in April?

I'm in too, and will be resigning on Monday which also happens to be my birthday.
Congrats to all my classmates.:biggrin:

For ppl who did not make it, don't lose heart since a lot of B-schools are still to declare their results.

My profile:
BE - E & TC.
3 yrs 9 mths of IT experience.
GMAT - 680/6
App. No. 8902

Hi Puys,

Dspite the fact that CAT/GMAT scores are just one of the many factors taken into account while declaring the result, If we post our GMAT/CAT score along with other details, it would be helpful for other guys who have not made it, just for some sort of comparison.

Just think, we could have been on other side of the line, and we would have really loved to see this information.