Great Lakes Admissions 2009

Hi All, I am starting a new thread for Great Lakes Admissions 2009 - 2010. This will help streamline the admission queries to a single thread in the long run. *I have spoken to the moderator ‘rmbt’ regarding this and he has given the go ahead…

Hi All,

I am starting a new thread for Great Lakes Admissions 2009 - 2010. This will help streamline the admission queries to a single thread in the long run. I have spoken to the moderator 'rmbt' regarding this and he has given the go ahead. This thread will serve as a one stop shop for people wanting to apply through CAT as well as GMAT to Great Lakes.

Pour in your queries and I will be happy to answer them.

Hi All,

Please take part in the poll I have created. This data will be extremely valuable to us. Your identity wont be revealed.

Hi twiceblessedman ,

1 . Can you please tell me the average GMAT score accepted at GLM ?
2 . Do GLM accept only current year GMAT scores ? - GMAT scores are valid for 5 years but some Indian Institutes accept only current year GMAT scores , Is it the case with GLM too ?

3 . How is the placement scene in Information Technology Management ?

freako

Hi twiceblessedman ,

1 . Can you please tell me the average GMAT score accepted at GLM ?
2 . Do GLM accept only current year GMAT scores ? - GMAT scores are valid for 5 years but some Indian Institutes accept only current year GMAT scores , Is it the case with GLM too ?

3 . How is the placement scene in Information Technology Management ?

freako

Hi,

The average GMAT score of the current batch is 670. Please note that Great Lakes accepts GMAT scores as old as 3 years and not older than 3 years. The placement scene in IT was good last year although it could have been better. 45% of the students opted for IT last year. In any case, companies from other sectors visited Great Lakes in good numbers thus offering choice and diversity of job profiles. The data for your benefit is as follows:

Profiles offered

Great Lakers were offered choicest of profiles by companies which were as diverse as Consulting, Investment Banking, Corporate Finance, Corporate Planning and Strategy, Product Management, Brand Management, Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Equity Research, Banking, Risk Management, Financial Modeling and Treasury. Senior positions like Associate Vice President and other fast-track leadership roles were the most-coveted profiles that were grabbed by Great Lakers.

Recruiters at a glance

Great Lakes saw an encouraging 40% jump in the number of recruiters over the last year's number of 61 companies visiting for placements with about 27 new companies visiting Great Lakes. Some of the prominent recruiters in different fields who participated in the placement process at Great Lakes are:
Banking & Finance: HSBC, CITIBANK, KOTAK, Tata Capital, IL&FS;, ABN-AMRO, India Bulls, IREVNA, Pioneer Investments Corporation
Manufacturing, Energy & Operations: Caterpillar, BAYER, Larsen & Toubro, Cummins, Genpact, TVS, Tata Communications, DSCL, BGR Energy, BIG FM, Reliance Retail, Infosys BPO, ITC Foods
Sales & Marketing: Reliance Retail, Godrej, Henkel, Tata Communications, Big FM 92.7, MARG Constructions, Coca Cola India, Reach Technologies, LG India, ConnectM Technologies, Shaadi.com
Consulting: KPMG, Technopak Consulting, Monitor Group (Grail Research), Frost & Sullivan, Accenture, Cap Gemini, Infosys, Mindtree Consulting, Wipro Consulting
IT/ITeS: Accenture, Cap Gemini, ADP, Wipro, TCS, Cognizant Technologies, Infosys, Mphasis EDS, CSC, HCL, Satyam, VistaSoft, ITC Infotech, 3i-Infotech, Inautix, L&T; Infotech

Placement Snapshot

The Average salaries based on work experience of the current batch are as follows:
Less than or equal to 2 years of Work experience - INR 8.17 Lakhs p.a.
Between 2 to 4 years of Work experience- INR 9.52 Lakhs p.a.
Greater than 4 years of work experience - INR 12.1 Lakhs p.a.

The average salary of the offers made at Great Lakes for the PGPM program of 2007-2008 stands at INR 9.70 lakhs. Remarkably, more than 60 students have become millionaires at the end of the placement season!

Hi twiceblessedman,
I wanted to know at what CAT scores can calls be expected.

Thanks in advance

Hi twiceblessedman,
I wanted to know at what CAT scores can calls be expected.

Thanks in advance

We have given calls to people with CAT percentile around 90 but who had considerable work experience. We give profile based calls and CAT percentiles are just one of the many criteria for shortlisting candidates. Please let me know if you have any other queries.
Hi All,

I am starting a new thread for Great Lakes Admissions 2009 - 2010. This will help streamline the admission queries to a single thread in the long run. I have spoken to the moderator 'rmbt' regarding this and he has given the go ahead. This thread will serve as a one stop shop for people wanting to apply through CAT as well as GMAT to Great Lakes.

Pour in your queries and I will be happy to answer them.

Hi Twiceblessedman,

Thanks for this thread..
hope to join the new campus soon 😃
Hi Twiceblessedman,

Thanks for this thread..
hope to join the new campus soon :)

Hi thefrozenhands,

Without any doubt, you will be in the new campus if you make it to the final list. 260 seats up for grabs...all the best..

Good initiative...Thanks for answering my previous queries.

som

Good to see this thread!
So when is the admission process for GLakes gonna start?

NoeL

Good to see this thread!
So when is the admission process for GLakes gonna start?

NoeL

Hi Noel,

The application forms will come out in October. As of now, we are receiving plenty of queries regarding GMAT and we thought it would be better to have an admissions thread that can capture them. This would be the thread to post in the long run.

Thread moved to CAT section. Had to move it here as only one thread can exist for queries.

All the best to aspirants.

Thread moved to CAT section. Had to move it here as only one thread can exist for queries.

All the best to aspirants.

Thanks for everything.

Hi Twiceblessedman ,

Thanks for the detailed information

Please tell me when is the admission process starting and ending ?

Also I heard that GLM is going to accept only GMAT scores from this year and not consider CAT scores ?

Hi Twiceblessedman ,

Thanks for the detailed information

Please tell me when is the admission process starting and ending ?

Also I heard that GLM is going to accept only GMAT scores from this year and not consider CAT scores ?

The application forms will come out in October and the last date for submission of forms will be around mid Jan. GD/PI will usually commence in the 2nd week of Feb and the results would be given out a month later. Classes would start sometime in the last week of april.

Please note that we accept CAT 2007 , CAT 2008 as well as GMAT scores which are 3 years old and not more for the admissions this year.
Hi Noel,

The application forms will come out in October. As of now, we are receiving plenty of queries regarding GMAT and we thought it would be better to have an admissions thread that can capture them. This would be the thread to post in the long run.

Any idea what the last date will be like? Last year, i remember applying to GLakes after giving my CAT exam. That was somewhere in Dec and the last date of application was Jan 5th or so!!

Thanks
NoeL
Any idea what the last date will be like? Last year, i remember applying to GLakes after giving my CAT exam. That was somewhere in Dec and the last date of application was Jan 5th or so!!

Thanks
NoeL

Hi Noel,

The last date for submission would be around 15th Jan. So you have some time after your CAT.
Hi Noel,

The last date for submission would be around 15th Jan. So you have some time after your CAT.

Hi Gauril,

Please use only www.greatlakes.edu.in in all our formal and inforam communications to all our stakeholders. I see the old web address in your signature.

Cheers
Kaushik Purushothaman
Class 2005

Hi All,

Request all of you to post your queries directly on this thread instead of using PM. There have been a couple of instances of people using PM. Posting on this thread will also help the others who might have similar doubts.