Great Lakes Admission Queries

Hi All I thought i ll start a thread for all those who have finally made to Great Lakes. Lets use this as a forum to interact before we actually reach Chennai… :: Congrats to all those who are in…and best of luck to those who are aw…

Hi All

I thought i ll start a thread for all those who have finally made to Great Lakes. Lets use this as a forum to interact before we actually reach Chennai...

Congrats to all those who are in..and best of luck to those who are awaiting or would be applying in round 2.

Manik Kinra

can i knw someting about the admission process of Great lake???

Hi Radhika

You can check about the same on this link : http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/life-great-lakes-inst-of-mgmt-chennai-25008757

Manik

Hi All

I am Manik Kinra

Profile : Schooling Apeejay Faridabad (Delhi)
Engg : B.E (ECE) ITM Gurgaon
Presently Working in Infosys Bangalore for past 15 months as a Test Engineer.

Welcome on Board....

Manik

Guys,

this is Ravi from blore.
BE in information sciences, NIE Mysore.
Working with IBM for the past 30 months.

cheers,
Ravi

Hi guys..,
My name is bhaskar... i ve given my CAT this yr... i m awaiting my results..I ve 2 yrs work ex and m very keen on GLIM... i m from bangalore... applyin in the second phase... how is the admission process ?? how important are the cat scores and wat is the weightage for the SOPs and teh appln we fill in... pl help me out guys..!!

All:
this is tamoghna... working as CRM Analyst with Cognizant- Calcutta 4 over 2 yrs.... wud be joining glakes this year... hope to see an amazing bunch of 'college'mates... !!
best of luck 2 all those who will appear in round 2....

Hi Fast and Steady

Congrats Dude..

Please dude post on thread: Life@Great Lakes Inst.of Mgt Chennai .

Also Join the undermentioned grp for further queries and getting in touch with people joinin Great Lakes this year.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/greatlakesbatch2007/

Thanks and Regards
Manik Kinra

Hi Fast and Steady

Congrats Dude..

Please dude post on thread: Life@Great Lakes Inst.of Mgt Chennai .

Also Join the undermentioned grp for further queries and getting in touch with people joinin Great Lakes this year.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/greatlakesbatch2007/

Thanks and Regards
Manik Kinra

great job manik.
i was myself thinking of starting of a yahoo goup.
this would be very helpful for us.. those joiing this year.

to introduce myself.
i am a s/w engg having a 16monyhs of work ex with MBT.
gave cat and scored 87%

after getting through great lakes, the very first thing that come to my mind is, what shoudl we do in the coming three months so as to improve our profile.
shoudl we do some courses, or any foreign lkanguage courses.
i am thinking of taking up international CFA.
please advice.
i want to do soemthing useful in these three months.

hi all.
nice to see ppl joiing up this forum..
hello everybosy whose joined in.

seems a lot of techie guys around.

hey pradeep just chil out mannnnn..... this the tym to keep ur brains a bit of rest.... surely theres lott of pressure to come.... atlest im not going to take up any course.... what's d others say?? manik u??

Hi,

I am currently working at CTS Chennai as a programmer Analyst in PeopleSoft CRM with 1.5 years exp.

I have downloaded the App Form and have almost completed the essays and am preparign for GET. AS i came to know about GLIM only a short tme ago i am having a stringent time constraint.

Kindly answer me the following questions:

About how far away from now can i take the exams?
When is the last date for taking get and submitting application forms?( please tell me if i shoud take it at the earliest or if i can take it towards the end of the deadline)

I heard importance is given mainly to quants. what about verbals and reasoning. ?

And also in CTS there is 2 months notice period. I heard classes will commence by Mid of April if so can u tell me a plan of how i can come out of CTS within 15 0r 30 days if i am selected?( i am in a position wherein i cant forgo the job and prepare for GLIM )

TheyEssays I should write essays for 400words. But shoud it be strictly witin the limit as mine goes to 700.

I have asked u too many questions ...but please reply them as i am in a very tough situation. i am thinking of taking a week vacation leave and prepare.I dont get much time to read. As i reach home by nine. I read in buses and in office when i can grap time. homes i find around 1.5hrs. I know it wont be sufficient but thats the best i can put in.

In general what should be my game plan.

Please do reply

hi richtofen.
chill out dude.
just relax and take it easy.. am sure u will be among us.
i have tried to answere ur querries below.

Q) About how far away from now can i take the exams?
see this link http://www.glakes.org/fulltime-mba.htm.
they have mentioend the diferent dates that u can appear for the interview.
in my case .. i submitted my application form along with the esays on the day of interview. so u need to call them up and ask them.

Q) I heard importance is given mainly to quants. what about verbals and reasoning. ?
i gave my cat score.. so i am not the right person to help u out with this.. u can probably catch hold of manik or someone else who has given get... i would still try and find it out from others who have given get

Q)And also in CTS there is 2 months notice period. I heard classes will commence by Mid of April if so can u tell me a plan of how i can come out of CTS within 15 0r 30 days if i am selected?( i am in a position wherein i cant forgo the job and prepare for GLIM )

u must be having accumalated leve.. so i would suggest u to talk to ur project mananger once u get admissions. i did the same and i am quitting my job in a months time after the notice period.

Q) TheyEssays I should write essays for 400words. But shoud it be strictly witin the limit as mine goes to 700.

well try to cut it short to 400 words that's all i can say...i think the glim students can help u better with this..
u can PM me to get the telephone no of one of our seniors.

and duded never worry.. i have gone through ur stage and know what curiosity is.. u can asks as many questions as u want.. i would try my best to help u out.

dude.
i dont have a commerce background and that is why i am a ;little worried.. rmeber that it is only a 1 yr course.. so things will move very fast.. we must do something before hand to save the other 1 yr that we would have spend had we studeied in some other coll

Hi All

@ Pradeep Real nice effort to answer all queries..

I will request everyone to use Life@Great Lakes Inst of Mgt.Chennai to answer and discuss all queries as that will avoid confusion and help the 2nd phase applicants

Thanks & Regards
Manik Kinra

hey
my CAt percentile is 94.01.
Di:96
Quant:87
VA:81
Do I stand a chance in the institution?
My profile till date is
B.E. (Electrical Engg)-64.5%
XII-76.6%
X-79.8%
Good at extra curriculars at college level

hi ankur.
u feel u will not face much problems with acads and aptitude.. but u lack work ex..at the website they have clearly mentioend that work ex is preffered , though not compulsory...so apply for it and try ur luck

Hi ankur..

As i mentioned please fwd yur query on Life@Great Lakes Inst of Mgt Chennai..as students from Present Batch and All those who have made it in first phase are part of the same and wud be happy to answer yur Query.

Besides..You have a Good CAT Score and a decent Acads but Process in Great Lakes Involves a lot more than that...Your Work Ex,Essays,comm skills and all come into picture..

But with a decent CAT score and considering that yu dont have ne work ex ..yu got to show some facet of yours which wud real entice them to give yu an admit..may be yu can improve on yur tech knowledge and extra curricular skills.

My Suggestion..go Ahead get the form..rite essays and focus on yur strengths ... and yu shud be able to make it...

All the very Best.
Manik Kinra

PS : Please fwd all Queries to Life@Great Lakes Inst.of Mgt,Chennai.