GRE Prep 2015

All those who are planning to take the GRE in 2015, let's start posting here. There are too many threads floating around where no one is posting. 

My GRE prep story in brief

Have been preparing for the last 2 months. Planning to take in May. Will be applying to US MS programs this fall. I'm targeting 330+

Learning Vocab with the help of Magoosh Application for GRE Vocabulary. For Quant I am doing it from GMAT fundamental books by Manhattan. I have read at a lot of places that they are tougher. If I can conquer this then GRE quant should be in the backyard too.

I try finishing 1 quant chapter per day. Also I am a college student in my final semester plus I am working also. It's tough but I am giving my best shot. Other guys out there who can join in ?

hey.. m planing for MS from germany jan 2016. i dont have very impressive cgpa(6.5) and no paper published. is there any chance ill get clg there. i want to study biomedical instrumentation. plus m searching for study partner in ahmedabad.

Hola!

Planning to give my GRE in September ending or in first week of Oct. Looking for good centres  in Pune, Any recommendations for the same? 

Would be happy if I get some reviews about jamboree, fc road as they are starting a batch soon. 

Feel free to ping me if anyone is interested in groups and I put up in wakad 😃

I am also using www.wiseswan.com for practice tests online. It gives relative performance statistics that helps me understand the question better.

You can also take a look

Hi , 

Have recently decided to take up GRE and am planning to do the same this October. Any heads up on the same? I have the Barron's study material and am not so sure if that will suffice. Would be great if some of us can co ordinate and work along together. By the way, I have 2yrs of wok exp and am planning to apply for MS in Information security. Anyone else out there who knows about the same?

Thanks!

Hi,

I've just started preparing for GRE, planning to give it in August(last week probably).

I'm planning to do an MS in mechanical, and i got 2.5 yrs work exp.

I've started the official guide(2nd ed) by ETS, and i'm looking for a study partner in gurgaon.

Hi everybody, are there any successful GRE test takers out there? What was your strategy, what books did you use? Many thanks for helping out!

hi guys I had a query regarding appearing for gre for a marine engineer ...I have done my B Sc Tech-marine from ANDHRA UNIVERSITY 2007 BATCH....WHAT IS THE SCOPE .presently serving as 2nd Engineer on tanker vessels in foreign waters.Another query that do marine engineers have special subjects in gre. 

There are plenty of study resources for GRE. Which are the books I should focus on?

Hi!

I am planning to give GRE by August end this year to apply for the Fall 2016 admission. Can anyone tell me which coaching institutes are good for GRE prep in Delhi? And is 1-1.5 months time sufficient for getting a 330+ score in GRE?

Also, how similar/different is the difficulty level of GRE w.r.t . CAT??

(Scored 95%ile in CAT 2014)

does anybody have Big Book? for GRE pdf format even old  version will work? Kindly send me on the email id: [email protected].

It will be a great help 😃

Hello I'm currently in final year btech and i would like to.know when is the ample time to give the GRE , given the time for preparation would 2016 GRE suffice?

Im interested in writing cat also, but is it possible to crack both at the same time, would be much obliged if someone could guide me thru the preps needed.

any1 interested for a GRE study group...preferably taking exam in August/Sept this year...we can discuss doubts on whatsapp...if there is such a group add me to it else pm me ur numbers and I will make a group. My number is 9971919911.

Hello, the syllabus for GRE Math does it involve 8,9,10th school math or 11th and 12 th math? Also I have a doubt, several flashcards n stuff are available online for wordlists, which is the best and in line with the GRE Test preparation? Any guidance will be appreciated. And for quantitative aptitude is r.s.aggarwal book enough? Also need guidance on test prep materials online. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Which is the best guide to initiate GRE preparation?

hello..am sushma, am doing my pg now..planning to move to US by next fall 2016 for phd.. jus preparing for GRE in online,do i get guidance?

Hello all, I have been working in a defense PSU from last 3 years, i want to do MS in electronics from a  good university , but i have a paltry CGPA around 6.6 , whats the possibility of me getting a good college (ASU or NCSU ) and the required GRE Score ? How should i decide my specialization like wireless or vlsi or telecommunications etc .? Please help me as i am in a great confusion

which are the best books or material to prepare for GRE?