Gr8 food joints in Mumbai

Hi ppl, Wud luv to know on the best places to eat in Mumbai ranging from the Central to the Western suburbs… Needless to say, I am a foodie n always had limited options to choose from…wud luv to broaden my horizons… Though i a…

Hi ppl,

Wud luv to know on the best places to eat in Mumbai ranging from the Central to the Western suburbs...

Needless to say, I am a foodie n always had limited options to choose from...wud luv to broaden my horizons...

Though i am a veggie, ppl can contribute for the NVeggie's too to benefit them..

My take:
Shiv Sagar Juhu, Vrindavan Sion, Bombay Blues Bandra, one in malad near

Been to few good places in town eons back hence cant get their names now..

Let the gastronomic journey begin.

Bon Vivant !!!!!!!!

mysterygal aka NSD

some places i have been to and loved
cafe noorani - opp heera panna's .. veggies dont even try to enter
the food court at hiranandani's - great variety and cheap as hell
uttam da dhaba - near marol naka .. great authentic dhaba food with a pseudo chaba ambience and minus the truck drivers
bade miyan's - gateway of india - simply amazing

Herez a few::

1. Bombay Blues - Lower Parel
2. Noodle Bar - Lower Parel
3. Mela - End of Worli Seaface

I know lotz more but forgot the namezzzz.

Regards,

Kishore

Hey there......

Food calls and moi comes running

Some of my fave outlets are......

1. Uttam da Dhaba serves awesumm punjabi khana :D
2. The most awesumm find though is this small place called Cafe Churchill in Colaba Causeway... its after Cafe LEopold and they make the best Peach Iced Tea ive tasted to dat....plus the most amazing pastas and steaks...plus their portion sizes are to dies for....absolute value for money
3. Bombay Blues behind Shoppers , Andheri for the Hummus and Pita bread(try the spicy hummus)
4. Just Around the Corner , for the cool soup and sandwich buffet
5. Pop Tates for their sizzlers ..oh and ofcourse Yoko's is 'the' sizzler place

thts its from me........for the moment atleast....loads of eating places in Bombay thtwes...not enuff space to write abt all...

Cheers,
Kavita

hey what about the restaurant of tendulkars......

u all seem to have forgot about that......

Hey guys here my favs

sasural - lokhandwala
mostly kababbs -7 bunglows

My Take:

Bhagat Chand Tara Chand@VASHI (simba, comments welcome )

Copper [email protected] (Near Regal)

cheers !!

Ok since most of the places r covered i'll put in a few odd ones

TIAN -- u hv a gud jap restaurant out there in addition to the gr8 pub..
get everything from sushi to saket ... :D
its at S V Road

Little Italy.... gr8888 food...
b4 juhu beach
Find a celebrity dining there almost everytime i go there :P

Peshawari..maratha sheraton ..near int airport...
Overpriced place..but if u like having lamb...this is d place to be :)

cheers

one place I am dying to check out. Quila in Andheri. Not sure about the exact location though.

regards
DJK

check out fountain inn at the fountain at churchgate
the prawns biryani is awesome there.. :P
rest of seafood aint bad as well

well for ppl frm the suburbs theres "Uncles Kitchen" at malad ... the fare keeps depreciating evry year though. used to b a gr8 place even now ppl thronging to b let in ...:shock:

another fave at gateway is "bagdadi cafe" the biryani here is simply gr8. 😁

plus another place at ghatkopar my frnd keeps harping abt...dont remeber the name...some samrat i think!!

Check out any of the Joints at Renaissance, Powai. Amazing Food and be amazed about the Price. But the food is fantastic.

Regards,

Kishore

somebody was talking bout Tendulkar's here so i thought i would comment, a friend and his wife recently paid it a visit and well it is overpriced as hell and the food is strictly okaiysh .. by the end of your meal you would be sick of noticing sachin autographs just about everywhere
interesting incident
my friend to waiter - would you get me some water please
waiter - sir would you like normal bisleri mineral water or tendulkar's mineral water
friend - dont you have just normal water?
waiter - no sir you would have to take one of the above
friend - ok .. so what is the difference?
waiter - bisleri mineral water .. a big bottle would cost you 75 rupees sir and tendulkar's mineral water would cost you 120 rupees sir

Try persian durbar at bandra for moglai food. though the place is small and long waiting at weekends , the food is amazing.

shashi

well for ppl frm the suburbs theres "Uncles Kitchen" at malad ... the fare keeps depreciating evry year though. used to b a gr8 place even now ppl thronging to b let in ...:shock:

another fave at gateway is "bagdadi cafe" the biryani here is simply gr8. 😁

plus another place at ghatkopar my frnd keeps harping abt...dont remeber the name...some samrat i think!!

Hey XST .......Agree with you on the Uncle's Kitchen Bit

For Pastry & Cake Fans .....Try "Merwans" Cake Shop......1 minute from Andheri Station.....Their Selection of Pastries & Cakes is Super. And given the Quality of the stuff their Prices are very reasonable .

A Little further down S.V.Road going towards Jogeshwari try out "Phirooza's" another Cake Shop situated just beside St.Blaise Church..........Although a small place.....their fare is Irrestible :thumbsup:

Wayne

Hi guys!

here is the ideal site for eating out in bombay...www.bestofbombay.com, check it out, it has all that you need to know abt good eateries in the city, ahem yes i do work for the site, but hey give it a chance i'm sure you guys won't regret it.

hey wayne tht place merwans i remember it there used to be another shop next to it.. open window tht too was a good eatery nah.. and theres a bakery sumplace near vakola...whts the name i dont remeber...

NE body had the sardar ka gola fom ghatkopar?...had it once its this huge dollop of crushed ice, dry fruits, malai..(loads of it) and god knows wht.. man its like eating a horse!!!

hey wayne tht place merwans i remember it there used to be another shop next to it.. open window tht too was a good eatery nah.. and theres a bakery sumplace near vakola...whts the name i dont remeber...

NE body had the sardar ka gola fom ghatkopar?...had it once its this huge dollop of crushed ice, dry fruits, malai..(loads of it) and god knows wht.. man its like eating a horse!!!

Hi XST.....Yeah, Open Window was an extension of Merwans itself but mainly known for it's biscuits .

And about the Vakola Bakery........U talking of Vienna's .....Pastries not so good but their Plum Cake is a huge fav with many people including me . They opened a branch at Andheri Too........next to Navrang on J.P Road .

Wayne
- Hi XST.....Yeah, Open Window was an extension of Merwans itself but mainly known for it's biscuits .

And about the Vakola Bakery........U talking of Vienna's .....Pastries not so good but their Plum Cake is a huge fav with many people including me . They opened a branch at Andheri Too........next to Navrang on J.P Road .

Wayne

tht was it i knew it...Vienna's i was thinking of Indiana orsumthing....yes Vienna it is!!! those plum cakes are the best!!!